I'll show you mine if you'll show me your's! PICTURE THREAD

DandyDoug

750cc
Jim;

I'm still on the fence as to the GPS, from what little experience I have so far with the one I borrowed; it's a nice toy. For my purposes/ wants/needs, I'm still trying to convince myself it's worth any money really.

WyoBonnie

Scooter
This on is one of my favorites

Wish I could take better pics... She's only a few months old here

1a.jpg

D9

Vendor
Steve... the Italians have copied your narrowed & reshaped tank! Or have you been hanging out in Verona making stuff
on the side...? :D

Verona%20bike%20expo%2015%2311D7AE1.jpg

I've been playing with an angle grinder, a sawzall, a mig welder, and my D&D 2-1. This is what happened (still a work in progress):

mufflermockup2.jpg

rodburner

Rocker
Jeff,the pipe looks sweet.It hasn't been very good riding weather here lately,so I have only taken a couple short rides.I doesn't seem to be really worth the effort yet,but I'll give it a workout before going back to normal suspension.

Seth,you know I'm only making this stuff up to give others ideas. Look at all my pipe designs now available. I'll give 'em new bad dreams when my new Speedmaster tank gets here....

Gary,all my modded tanks vent through the caps.The last one puked gas out the cap upon hard braking.This one is baffled at the base of the filler.

strokerlmt

That is a sweat custom exhaust.....and a lot less expensive than a ZARD or d&d........very nice job.....any difference in the sound?
Send us finished pictures......
LMT

ok guys, here's some progress from today. When I'm done I'll take some real pictures (these are with my phone) and do a proper thread on it, buit just to keep you guys in the loop...

I got the rest of the system welded up and I think this will be the final arrangement. It's a very straight system with very few bends, so hopefully it will perform well. There is also lots of ground clearance, more than almost any pipe I've seen excluding scrambler pipes, of course.

fullpipe1.jpg

you can see in this pic how tightly everything is tucked under the engine. You can just make out the 2-1 collector below the Alt cover, and also see the 2" pipe going to the muffler. From the rider's position the pipe all but disappears:

fullpipe2.jpg

Are you doing this in your dining room? :headbang2:

psst: this the general picture thread - not the projects area. ;)

haha, it kinda looks like a dining room. I got a really good deal on those cabinets back when I used to work at a lumber yard, then I slapped some engineered beams laid flat on top of the cabinets to make a workbench. Those chairs are just some old dining set we don't use that somehow found their way into the garage. What's funny is, the cabinets in my garage are nicer then the cabinets in the kitchen.

Sorry Dude, I'll start a tech thread about this later.

shanerides

Scooter
Saw your bike at the Chehalis lunch ... lots o people debating it...I for one love it! It looks like it would kick the snot out of anything! Nice job!

It also looks much better in person.

How about a picture from the other side so we can see what you did with the exhaust.