I'll show you mine if you'll show me your's! PICTURE THREAD

It must be kind of weird being there.

It is a little at first, but going to school there you walk by the tower so many times that eventually it's just another building, almost.

When I first started going to UT I would walk around the tower area and look for bullet dings in the concrete.

koifarm

Hooligan
Yepper, I read up on the whole thing on Wikipedia, it was in 66' and I can remember being in Milwaukee at the time and seeing it on TV....
Strange thing for someone to do but reading his bio it isn't surprising he winged out....just too bad he took innocent people with him...

Yepper, I read up on the whole thing on Wikipedia, it was in 66' and I can remember being in Milwaukee at the time and seeing it on TV....
Strange thing for someone to do but reading his bio it isn't surprising he winged out....just too bad he took innocent people with him...

The thing about the brain tumor and his amphetamine abuse is crazy, not to mention all the failure in his life. Dude was definitely off his fuckin rocker.

Another funny thing, a friend of mine lives just a couple of blocks from Whitman's house on Jewell St. We drive by his house often just for the wow factor.

Funny true story: A friend of mine's dad was attending UT at the time of the shootings. The story goes that my friend's dad was on some sort of major 3+ day bender during the whole chaos, and wasn't even aware it happened. He finally sobered up, sort of, and made his way to his dorm/apartment to find his whole family there, from out of town, fearing the worst! Imagine a 3 day drunk hangover, then getting an ass chewing from mom, dad, grandpa, grandma, brother, sister, etc!!!

Bonafide

NBR founder
Had to share this one ...

CafemotoSurfernight.jpg

koifarm

Hooligan
That's pretty amazing Dude, just thinking about the dynamics of balance in that situation must be pretty shaky at best....no word if the guy survived that?
Back when I was young and foolish (now I'm old and foolish) I had a buddy who was a stunt driver for the Joey Chitwood stunt show....there were a bunch of us skydivers headed out for dinner, one of which was driving a convertible, Jock decided he would demonstrate a bike/car, car/bike transfer and commissioned me to be the victim driving the bike.
The plan was that I'd pull alongside the car, at about 60 mph or so, and Jock would move from the car to the bike, and again back from the bike to car.
He did so, and much to my surprise there was very little movement of the bike when he transferred and certainly not enough to bother balance and handling. I was quite surprised at how easily it was accomplished but not surprised since Jock was good at what he did.
I would not venture whether alcohol and drugs were a factor but it is more than likely although no impairment was noticed in that direction.
No doubt I would not try that same maneuver today but back then, it was a no sweat thing....and fun....

Bonneville09er

Street Tracker
NYC Triumph. Rode in with my brother and a friend, and they were too busy to run the map for my pipes. Risked our lives for it. So from there we went to freehold, nj triumph and they did it in a half hour. Hundred miles of city riding.

Attachments

• 1103091155.jpg
    1103091155.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 1104091112.jpg
    1104091112.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 0

koifarm

Hooligan
Sunny Sunday pics

It was one of those classic Florida winter days, 50 degrees in the morning but by noontime it was up to 70....after fiddling around and putting a top rack on my truck I decided it was damn well time to get some bike time....
Rode out in the country, stopped to take these pics. On the way back, gassing up, got a "Nice Rig" nod from a Harley driver in the gas station...

2009_1129sidecar0011.jpg

2009_1129sidecar0003-Copy-Copy.jpg

2009_1129sidecar0008-Copy-Copy.jpg

2009_1129sidecar0001-Copy-Copy-Copy.jpg

2009_1129sidecar0006-Copy.jpg

strokerlmt

Nice bike and pictures.........
My only Florida bike experience. I 1975 I went back home, Montreal Canada, to visit family. I was living in Grand Cayman Island. I bought a 450 Honda and drove from MTL to Miami where I boxed up the ride and shipped to Cayman. In Northern Florida I was cruisin along at 65mph when I saw what I thought was a hard rain comin rt at me. What I hit was a wall of the biggest fattest f ing bugs I have ever seen. Dam near knocked me off the bike. I stopped at a rest stop. There was a 1/2 inch of bug guts caked to me. And baked on the bike and engine. I spent an hour or so using a borrowed screw driver to clear the cooling fins. I found bug bits for months in the oddest places.

LMT