Monza Gas Cap

bonZa

Street Tracker
I'm going to be laid up for the next few weeks on crutches and wont be able to ride for six months so intend to do some work on my neglected Bonneville.

amongst other things, one of the first things I want to do is install a Monza Gas Cap.

are they worth the effort and what is the degree of difficulty

my bike has the fatter EFI tank. wouldnt imagine that makes a difference

KingBear

Hooligan
The Monza cap was my first and still my favorite accessory. It's cool and retro and just says, "Yeah, I'm a $140 gas cap, you got a fucking problem with that!"

Level of difficulty: brainless.

yellowrubiu

Street Tracker
Level of difficulty: brainless.

x2 and I love mine. Press the release it pops open and stays in place, no need to look for a spot to place it on while pumping gas, when done just press it down and you're good to go.

Here is some Monza gas cap eye candy for you 1 2 3

klink

Two Stroke
New here and first post. Monza cap is worth every penny. Possibility of scratching paint on a Centennial removing the cap for fuel sold me.

sportyone

Street Tracker
New here and first post. Monza cap is worth every penny. Possibility of scratching paint on a Centennial removing the cap for fuel sold me.

yeah, +1 to that, pity they are so damn expensive, surprised nobody has come up with a cheaper item or rip off !

shame we are restricted here on doing group purchases,
most other classic car & bike enthusiast sites allow it ? :chin:

Bonniebret

Rocker
yeah, +1 to that, pity they are so damn expensive, surprised nobody has come up with a cheaper item or rip off !

shame we are restricted here on doing group purchases,
most other classic car & bike enthusiast sites allow it ? :chin:

I'd love to have one but yeah, $140 is way to pricey for a gas cap.

bonZa

Street Tracker
What's the problem?
Six months (wow) at least it will cover our winter.
Speedy recovery to you.
Kevin.

old motorbike crash from years ago resulting in multiple fractures has come back to haunt me, requiring a hip replacement.
damn nuisance but thank God for modern medicine

oh yeah, the monza cap is a bit expensive, but it looks like a quality unit and feedback has been good so I will get one along with a pringle gas tap and few other odds and sods. if it was a genuine Triumph probably would have cost twice the price anyway

dschief

750cc
if it was a genuine Triumph probably would have cost twice the price anyway
Man, aint that the truth!!!

I have a Monza cap on my Thruxton, and will have one on my Bonnie soon. I like it just for the fact that I don't drop the cap at the gasoline pumps anymore.
What pisses me off is; my 1974 Yamaha came with a locking hinged cap. Sounds like we have gone backwards, especially since Triumph does not offer one, even as an option.

KingBear

Hooligan
In reality it is tall. It doesn't look very tall when you're standing next to the bike or sitting on it though. There's really no substitute for seeing it with your own eyes, they're pretty impressive looking I think.

bonZa

Street Tracker
In reality it is tall. It doesn't look very tall when you're standing next to the bike or sitting on it though. There's really no substitute for seeing it with your own eyes, they're pretty impressive looking I think.

ok, I'm now 100% convinced that this will be a good move, so have placed an order on newbonneville for one and a heap of other bits and pieces.

now looking forward to a delivery from Mr Postman