Cafe Racer TV show on Discovery HD 12/29 9:30 p EST

TheFixer

Two Stroke
(Sorry if this is a duplicate posting, but I don't think anyone has shared this yet...)

I received this e-mail from Cafe Racer Magazine earlier today. I've already got my DVR set!

Attention Cafe Racer Fans!

Cafe Racer television series
premieres Tuesday, December 29!

Catch the premiere episode of Discovery HD Theater's new series

CAFE RACER

chronicling the Cafe Racer scene
and featuring Cafe Racer Magazine
Tuesday, December 29 at 9:30PM E.S.T.

All your favorite builders, rockers, rides and events
brought to you in high def every week.
Check local HD TV listings for air times in your area.

Click here for listings on Discovery HD Theater's website. (Note that the series is still listed under its working title of Cafe Club Racer.)

TheFixer

Two Stroke
Sounds as bad as all the other biker lifestyle shows on tv these days

I saw the Cafe Society DVD that was published by the same group and it was good (cool footage, interesting interviews, good bikes). Hopefully, this show we be done well also.

Watched it. It was pretty cool, but short. Definitely worth watching though.

One thing of note is they mentioned how inexpensive getting into cafe bikes can be. That makes me think that if it catches on the prices of the old CB's and the like are going to go up. Gotta get my 750 soon!!

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Not really a cafe bike, but I'd love to get an old Goldwing all stripped down. I think that would also be a tasty piece. A nice yellow one.

RoyNC

Street Tracker
In case you missed it, the show will be on again a few more times.

Dec 30, 5:30 pm
Jan 07, 2:30 pm
Jan 10, 11:30 am

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
So, for those of us who don't have that channel, how was the show? Anything exciting, or more "ho-hum, oh that looks cool...more ho-hum"?

Bonafide

NBR founder
One thing of note is they mentioned how inexpensive getting into cafe bikes can be. That makes me think that if it catches on the prices of the old CB's and the like are going to go up. Gotta get my 750 soon!!

Too late - prices on CB750s have already gone up. VERY damn near impossible to find one in running condition for less than $1500-2000.

So, for those of us who don't have that channel, how was the show? Anything exciting, or more "ho-hum, oh that looks cool...more ho-hum"?

It was actually better than ho-hum. It was delivered in a basic introduction or history lesson of where/how/when Cafe Racers came to be. Interesting things (to me) ... the term 'cafe' racer was a derogatory term, ie: "you're not a real racer ... you're just a cafe racer".

Touched a bit on the Mods vs Rockers too. Mods = teens chasing the latest clothing/hair fashions and Rockers = teens holding on to leather jackets, greasy hair, and Rock-n-Roll from the 50s.

To me, it seemed like a promotion thing for Cafe Racer magazine that was recently launched by Mike Seate.
http://www.caferacermag.com/ - even used the same logo, etc. on the TV show as used on the website.

not on "regular" discovery channel? at least it wasn't there last nite

No ... only on HD Theater, which is the High Def channel in the Discovery Channel line up. Awesome channel .. especially "Motorcycle Mondays".

AceT100

Rocker
Just watched it, was OK, saw a lot of people I know (all the folk from The Ace Cafe), it was like being back home.

Too late - prices on CB750s have already gone up. VERY damn near impossible to find one in running condition for less than $1500-2000.

+1 to that!!! I've been checking CL here in the Seattle/Portland area for a 75-76 750 for a couple years hoping that one will pop up at a reasonable price. However, if you do find one, you have to be ready to pounce because if it's been listed more than 30 minutes, chances are someone else has already beaten you to it. My 400/F sold for $3500.00 back in Aug, '08. Some days I regret selling it, but all I have to do is go into my garage, look at the Bonneville sitting there and all regrets disappear. Some day I'll have another SOHC4. So I'm not too worried about it right now.

Rightside3.jpg

henrys

Street Tracker
I enjoyed the show. I learned some stuff I didn't know before. Was interesting.

No ... only on HD Theater, which is the High Def channel in the Discovery Channel line up. Awesome channel .. especially "Motorcycle Mondays".

One of my favorite channels too. It's amazing they have more automotive and motorcycle racing on there than the so called "speed" channel.

drlapo

Hooligan
No ... only on HD Theater, which is the High Def channel in the Discovery Channel line up. Awesome channel .. especially "Motorcycle Mondays".[/QUOTE]

I guess i'll never see it as i am not going to give the damned cable TV jerks another $
I already pay way too much for a bunch of crap; who needs 20 shopping channels, a dozen foreign language channels, the brown nun, and all the "sensative' crap

TheFixer

Two Stroke
Just finished watching it...pretty good show. Some new stuff, some stuff lifted from the DVD "Cafe Society". Definitely going to keep it on the DVR list!

RoyNC

Street Tracker
From what I understand this is a new series. This was the first episode. If so then it was a good introductory to more shows. It will be interesting to see where they go with it.

I learned a bit too. I really enjoyed the English scene and what motovated the guys to do what they did. I wish we had more places like the Ace Cafe around here to hang out with other like minded guys. All the biker bars around here are Harley guys only.

I did learn a new game from the show. Set a song on the Juke Box, then hop on the bikes for a thrash around the block. Be the first to get back before the song ends and you win.

Bonniebret

Rocker
Finally got around to watching it yesterday. I'd say for a 30 minute overview of the subject it was pretty good. I still don't think I'll ever really enjoy rock-a-billy music.