Hi from the land of the long white cloud

Kiwi

Two Stroke
Hi Guys, I’ve been lurking on here for a while now and figured it was about time I posted. I’ve been riding for 30 years, my last bike was a Ducati ST4s, but I’ve been looking around for something different for about 3 months and have looked at a wide range of different bike styles. I’ve liked the Kawasaki W650 and the new Triumph Bonnevilles since they 1st came out, so I guess it made sense that I ended up going in that direction. I found this forum during my research on the Bonnie and scoured it for anything good and bad I could find. It looks to be a great forum with a bunch of helpful people with a great sense of humour.

The decision ended up coming down to a choice of the Scrambler or the T100, and I bought the T100 a week ago - it’s an 09 model and was the shop demonstrator. It came with the TORS pipes and Ventura pack rack fitted, and the original unused pipes also came with it. I’m waiting for the Ventura sport rack to turn up, and have also ordered a centre stand and 19T front sprocket from Jack Lilley.

I took the pic the day I got the bike.

Oh, and I particularly like the "Babes on Bikes" thread :worthy:

Attachments

• DSCF2121b.jpg
    DSCF2121b.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 0

wobblygong

Street Tracker
Hi Kiwi,
Welcome to the forum from across the detch....you'll enjoy it!
Your bike looks great, love the black/white. Wise choice, my friend.
Make sure you take your camera with you on your rides and post a report with pics. Most of us Aussies & Kiwis know what stunningly beautiful scenery you have but through this forum you get a chance to show it off to the rest of the forum members.

Cheers,
wobbly

Oh, I recently heard NZ described as the Land Of the Wrong White Crowd.
But I guess you've heard that too.

Kiwi

Two Stroke
LOL, no I hadn't heard that one. Here's another couple of pics ...

Attachments

• DSCF2124.jpg
    DSCF2124.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF2128.jpg
    DSCF2128.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 0

wobblygong

Street Tracker
Kiwi, not only do you have a camera, and a good one at that, but you're an accomplished photographer to boot......I'm impressed!
We will be expecting a lot of great ride reports from you with outstanding pics.
You up to the task, k one w one?? :)

Kiwi

Two Stroke
Thanks for the welcome and compliments guys. Photography is an interest of mine so I'll see what I can do for you :up:

wobblygong - You're only the 2nd person I've heard use the term K1W1 :) I remember Dad telling me that when he was in Italy during WW2 the Americans would see their sign posts and call them K1W1's as they'd never heard of Kiwi's before and thought K1W1 was the unit name :huh: