Bonny Rival Kawasaki W800 is Real

Don't fool your self, the 750 small block is not a slouch. I have a V7Classic, and it is a faster, nimbler bike than the 06 Bonnie I totaled with all the mods. I believe if you test ride especially the V7cafe model you would be surprised at the power coming from a 750 small block.

No surprise for me. My 1224 Kawasaki ZRX makes 160hp at the rear wheel and it is not called a race bike. The Club Man Racer looks the part but it writes a check with it's looks that it's body can't cash!

Attachments

• BOTM Pictures001.jpg
    BOTM Pictures001.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 0
  • BOTM Pictures005.jpg
    BOTM Pictures005.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 0
the w650 is gonna be a collectors item one day just because there were so few made.

Correct, because they didn't sell they stopped making them therefore they may become collectible. A good mate of mine purchased one, I rode it a few times, we both think it was rubbish, he sold it on very quickly.
That's not to say they can't get it right with the new larger one that's coming.

KingBear

Hooligan
Which is not to say we never will, but it doesn't look good for 2011. There are a lot of cool bikes we never see, like the Honda Africa Twin...

Honda%20Africa%20Twin%201200%20%20%201.jpg

ssjones

750cc
Here's a W650 in cafe dress, this guy is from VA and usually makes the MD/VA events. Looks pretty cool to me!

KingBear

Hooligan
More news about the W800 from a couple days ago, more pics and a little video...
http://www.scigacz.pl/Kawasaki,W800,2011,wehikul,czasu,13934.html

Here's the rough translation from Polish according to Google. If you just skim over it you'll get the gist of it...
Kawasaki W800 2011 - a time machine

2010.10.15 Luke "Boczo" Tomanek

"Such motorcycles are no longer doing" - said the grandfather to granddaughter. Grandpa doing, what they did.

So much is said about the technological developments. No one gives a shock plasma TV with a thickness of a pack of cigarettes and the diagonal of the stadium. More and more techno-goodies gets letter "and" before the name, which means that something is trendy, smart and probably too expensive. The motorcycle is exactly the same. Sense, complexity and construction of some new, top equipment they could not understand Zdzisław Kamiński and Andrzej Kurek, leading the legendary program "Probe". Graduated traction control, C-ABS, various modes of operation of the engine, satellite navigation and soon the firing of a fingerprint reader and the autopilot. And where a return to roots and produce motorcycles heart, not an accountant and an engineer? Kawasaki reminded myself that they still can. Proof of this is brand new W800. Today the launch of the motorcycle as retro as possible, it is very dangerous maneuver. It is very simple - everybody likes retro, but not everyone wants to buy them. W800 has to change this conclusion.

It's beautiful, it's beautiful

Everything is a little similar to the cafe racerów the 60s, Triumph Bonneville, and although at one percent defines the term "retro", I bestow great praise. For some time the motorcycles of this type can be called the equivalent of Converse sneakers, or sneakers for ankle. Twenty years ago people would walk in them, because they had no choice, today it is the peak of fashion and being cool. Kawasaki W800 is stunning. For lovers of this type of motorcycle design is eye eden. Everything, literally everything here is carved in accordance with the current oldschoolu. Kawasaki has moved to a very brave stylistic treatments. Notice the rear fender. Overlooking from the sofa, is huge and has a protruding end of the lamp. Exactly as in the prior year motorcycles. Sam couch should be hung on the wall above the fireplace after each ride. When was the last time you saw the rubber bellows Lagache front suspension? Is the W800 is nicer than Bonneville? Nothing in the world would be forced to answer this question. It is the same nice, and there is no greater compliment.

Outside the museum, and in the middle?

Row, two-cylinder engines are inherently boring. Specifics of their work is painfully smooth, linear and power without drastic jumps. Kawasaki so far did not provide official information on the topic of power and torque. Reported, however, that the latter value arrives (the word comes directly from press releases) at 2000 rpm. This information can be regarded as true, stroke 83 mm is negligible. Let us hope that the engine will not only provide mobility, but also a bit crazy. Of course, it is responsible for the supply of fuel injection. It is unfortunate that it has been styled on the carburetors, but a wish list could be endless pull. The power unit is fairly simple construction of the single camshaft and four valves per cylinder. The icing on the cake is the timing of the drive shaft to the king. This precise, durable and virtually maintenance-free system once a frequent guest in motorcycle engines, and today is no longer used because it is ... too expensive to produce.

The chassis is quite straightforward. The whole construction of the motorcycle based on the good old, heavy, double-cradle frame made of steel. The front suspension still remember prehistoric times Z1. The classic telescopic fork leg diameter of 39mm does not have any regulation. The two rear shock absorbers can be set only preload springs. Front disc brake consists of a 300mm diameter and 2-piston caliper. On the rear - drum with a diameter of 160mm. I know what many people at this moment the thought. That is archaic, that hopeless that dangerous. Not true. Yes, the brake drum is a type of savings, but this approach usually works quite well. Many of the new motorcycles, such as Honda and Honda Shadow VT750S Black Spirit has drum brakes, which work quite OK. W800 tires are in shall we say, retro rozmiarówce. Front, 19 inch wheel in the tire obuto 100/90, 18-inch rear tire in the 130/80.

Braveheart

You must be characterized by very considerable courage, to full of pride and confidence to make a bike and leave it to the confrontation with the Triumph Bonneville. Bonnie is a star. Hollywood is a favorite of residents, plastic surgeons, playboys of the beard. It is an object of desire. Retro Biki are to himself that even if someone is an avowed fan of plastic or streetfighterów aggressive, never say that they are ugly. In my opinion, Kawasaki W800 a more radical approaches to do his motorcycle retro. Bonneville is old school, beautiful, stylish, toy, while the W800 looks like it was straight from 1965, when he appeared in the 650th W1 At the beginning of the text we mentioned that we all like motorcycles retro, but few people want to buy them. Here Kawasaki pulls an ace from his sleeve. Triumph Bonneville cost of 35-37 thousand. It is said that Kawasaki W800 is to be sold for 29 thousand.

"I well remember his ideals ..." sang Ryszard Riedel. Bikes such as the Kawasaki W800 does not have to throw our knees. Riders are to stir up old memories and their eyes glaze, and the younger inflame passion for simple ideas and a sense of motorcycling. After a number of people who laid siege to the position of Kawasaki on Intermot trade fair where you can eject the W800 has an initial hypothesis that green job done.