yeah ... a bit of progress on my CB750

I'm not joking. I've lusted after that bike long before I knew it was for sale. I bought a 450 as my "practice run".

I'll be talking to the new wife tonight.

Is it possible to pry what the reserve price is out of you?? Might be helpful in the financial brainstorming.

Bonafide

NBR founder
Well ... the CB sold and a large cash deposit has been made. It's going to Australia .. NSW.

I'm happy about the fact it puts me closer to getting the Mustang, but I'm also kinda sad to see this particular bike go. It'll stay here in the garage for another couple weeks til the new owner's shipping company comes to pick it up.

Hedge

American Infidel
Mustangs!

Bud - I'm way behind on all the threads but I remember when you first started this project. I was wondering what mustang your getting . . . man I miss mine from my young'in days!
65 Mustang GT convertible 289 4 speed
67 Mustang Fastback 289 4 Speed

Bonafide

NBR founder
Hedge ... this will be my 26 or 27th Mustang that's been, at one time parked in my garage since I was 18 yrs old. To say I'm a Mustang fanatic would be a good description.

I posted a pic of a 68' on a previous page. I'm leaning towards a burgundy or dark blue for color .. with a small block. Auto/3 or 4 speed doesnt matter. Air Conditioning is a high priority. I dont want a project - I want a turn key ride. Not that I wont be changing stuff to suit my style and preferences .. but you know what I'm saying. I have several picked out that are all over the US and then some. So, when I have that sack full of money in my hand ... me and GF will be doing an 'adventure' journey of going get one and drive it home.

4917532-700-0.jpg

Of course, there's 3" of blanket of snow over Georgia right now ... all the way to Florida. Freaky-deaky weather.

slowgator

750cc
Dude! I am a serious 'Stang freak. My first car was a 64 1/2 poppy red hardtop that I traded my Dad for my '65 CB 160... still one of my best deals ever...

Anyhow, is that burgundy the one you are giving up the CB for? It's a beauty! Then again, so is that CB!

Good luck!

slowgator

750cc
Phew...I don't envy your decision but it sounds like you've already made it... nothing wrong with out with the old and in with the new... good luck!

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I remember my very first year of college - 1984 - there was a girl at school who was selling a 1966 red and white Mustange GT 350 with original paint(nice) for $1800. I still remember it - I knew even then it was the chance of a lifetime, but had no $$ and no place no park it.Now its worth - what - $80,000?

dogman

Scooter
Went with a freind to Lancaster,Pa. he bought a Hertz GT350H ,.there was probably 20+ in a grass lot to choose from. I drove the TR4A home while he burned the tires off the350