yeah ... a bit of progress on my CB750

Goin-Commando

Street Tracker
I love it too, I think I'll keep an eye out for another to make a Cafe next.

Dude, I know you don't want to hear this, but you will regain more low-end/mid-range torque by putting a baffle in that muffler. You can customize a Vance & Hines straight through absorbtion baffle that will work and still be really loud. The V&H drop-in baffle comes in two flavors, loud (street) and really loud (strip) and only cost about 40 bucks. It didn't take very much work to fit a set in a 4 into 2 Jardine system that I have on one of my old Yam's and it sounds great too.

Partnumber.jpg

bafs.jpg

bafscomparo.jpg

I put in the ones for the street, the race baffs have a much bigger hole.
I gained a bunch more horse power and torque after doing this...
Just a thought

sanjuro

Two Stroke
Inexperienced riders on sport bikes ... the last bike I passed in that video, I believe, is your old Bonnie Black.
yeah dude, that's me at the 3:08 mark. I'm pretty impressed I did that well only 3 months into riding.
Cool - I hope he's is being safe, I gave him my armored Triumph Jacket and extra HJC Helmet in the deal. My clock hit 10K on the trip up to his place in Woodstock - it was a weird feeling handing over the keys.... couldn't have asked for a nicer guy tho.

Lesson learned, never sell a bike! :stupid:
I'm being mostly safe. Still use the jacket, bought a new helmet that fits better and an armored leather jacket for colder weather. Pushing 16k now...would be more, but they won't let me deliver pizza by bike. That's cool though, found out the other day the job I almost got at CNN has reopened. I'd be putting on about 70 miles round trip for that commute. Oh, still have your old pudding bowl helmet, never wear it if you'd like it to go with the CB. Otherwise I'll probably just sell it.

I;m way late for this party, but I just needed to say that this is one of the best looking bikes I've ever seen.

I don't mean project bikes, or Jap bikes, or whatever. I mean in general, as a whole, that's just an unbelievably great looking motorcycle.

It makes me inspired and hugely discouraged at the same time, in that it's so amazing that I want one, but I know I could never make it happen. I just don't know enough.

Bonafide

NBR founder
So .. I might be losing my mind (GF says so) by making this decision, but I listed my 1976 CB750F SS on eBay.

I have my eye on something and cant swing it without freeing up garage space and money. Soo .. if you know someone who wants a schweeet cafe racer that runs as good as it looks ... please put them on it.

Bonafide

NBR founder
well, the CB doesnt seem to be drawing too many bids or interests - so offering it for sale might be a moot point.

Anywhoo ... this is what I'm wanting to put in the garage ...

4917532-700-0.jpg