New lid for the noggin

jhillier71

Street Tracker
Getting a new lid. Bell Custom 500

Wondering what the masses think (not sure why I care, or if i even do) just curious i guess...

Attachments

• stunt.jpg
    stunt.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 0
  • orng.jpg
    orng.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 0

Bonniebret

Rocker
I know several people that have gotten those recently. They seem to be pretty happy with them. I myself went with the Fulmer V2 Bobber. Better color selection IMO.

msc66

Two Stroke
I too bought a Fulmer V2 bobber. I like the retro look but I have a real hard time getting it on and off as its real tight below the ears. At the same time, the padding's not thick enough at my temples and I get a huge amount of wind noise to the point that I have started wearing ear plugs.

I know its just the shape of my mellon but I wish someone local would've stocked the Bell 500 so I coulda tried it on.

As far as you go I'd go with the one on the right.

Bonniebret

Rocker
I too bought a Fulmer V2 bobber. I like the retro look but I have a real hard time getting it on and off as its real tight below the ears. At the same time, the padding's not thick enough at my temples and I get a huge amount of wind noise to the point that I have started wearing ear plugs.

I do this "pull out, roll on" thing when I put mine on but I find it very comfortable. You're right Mike about the wind noise. At first I thought it was me but I'm about to do the plug thing too. Still like the helmet though.

Last edited:

Oxblood

750cc
I've been thinking about getting the "Speed Soul" one to replace my aging full face:
images

jhillier71

Street Tracker
i've tried them on and for comfort i put them up there with the Davida and at 1/2 the cost, not too bad. It looks like the Davida should be a lower profile but my melon is big (for a little guy) and so they both ride a little high.

I picked up the burnt orange one but might bring in in a change it for the white...who knows.

Bonniebret

Rocker
id like to buy one of the loser helmets soon.. seem cool
http://losermachine.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21

I'm a big fan of LM and it looked like it was coming down to either one of those or a Biltwell. In the end I went with the Fulmer because of fit, DOT approved and cost. The LMs and Biltwell's aren't DOT. You can see it in the HMT Fistful of Choppers vid.

Do what I did. Just get whatever helmet, order a Loser Machine shirt and slap one of the stickers they send you on your lid.

TC_Dick

TT Racer
I always go for full-face helmets. I don't want to fuck my face up any worse than mother nature already did..

Skeeter

Rocker
only reason im leanin towards LM is cause they come in sizes where the biltwells is one size fit all. right now i rock a HJC that i got painted and striped on the back
this one still makes me look like a space man, the fulmars do too. tried then on
helmet-1.jpg

I always go for full-face helmets. I don't want to fuck my face up any worse than mother nature already did..

I'm with you on this one.

My 18 mth old helmet is one of these in black.
http://www.extremesupply.com/product/Brand-AGV/AGVTITECHSOLID.html

Today I received express post from the US one of these just for a change.
http://www.extremesupply.com/product/Brand-AGV/AGVTITECHAGOSTINI.html

18 mths ago I paid $700 Aust for the black Ti-Tech
Today I paid $400 US for the Ago
We get ripped off in Australia, will be purchasing online from now on.

Anyone else using Extreme Supply based in Signal Hill CA?
My one and only purchase (so far) with them went very well.

Last edited:
Ive tried them on and they are comfortable. I may be getting one of these soon....

however I value my face and would hate to mess it up if I go down

Skeeter

Rocker
my brother just go the new bell 500 in silver metal flake. sweet heltmet. still makes me look like a space man tho. has a rad liner in it

jhillier71

Street Tracker
my brother just go the new bell 500 in silver metal flake. sweet heltmet. still makes me look like a space man tho. has a rad liner in it

thought the same and bought the 'burnt orange', liking it so for.The silver was a little too flashy.

The Arai will sit until the weather cools!