new Norton v New Bonneville

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Yeaaaa, its almost like comparing the ducati gt1000 to the bike. DuH you get what you pay for, however in this case you get more with the bonnie for less price. You could build a nortonesque bonnie for the same price as the norton. Either way, both are tits bikes, but when i go down on the track itll be cheaper to fix the thrux than a norton

sanjuro

Two Stroke
Those new Nortons are sweet. Obviously not a fair comparison, and let's be honest, they are right in saying the Bonnie is anemic and sanitized. How many of us have upgraded the exhaust, suspension, brakes, got rid of the air injection, airbox elimination, etc... Why do we do these things? Because Triumph put out a bike with lots of unrealized potential.

Now if it were to be a fair comparison with a Bonnie that's been upped to 961cc, dual front brakes, beefier suspension, and all the other bells and whistles, how do you honestly think the price would compare?

I look forward to expanding my collection to include a Norton and CB1100, I just have to find where all my money went first...

monty

Street Tracker
Just to clarify a small point.

I ride a bonnie and do not eat hot dogs. Bike pictured just back from the cafe this morning.

Monty.

Attachments

• Bonnie April10 001.jpg
    Bonnie April10 001.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Shit Monty! It's sunny in Wales? I'd a thunk what with all that volcanic ash in the sky Sunny days would be at a premium.

monty

Street Tracker
Shit Monty! It's sunny in Wales? I'd a thunk what with all that volcanic ash in the sky Sunny days would be at a premium.

Yep 18 degrees today. Gardening in a t shirt and may well have burnt myself!
Looks like summer is here. We intend to make the most of it as come June July August I'll be in my waterproofs.

Monty.

Littlejoe

Scooter
I'd have to agree with just about everyone else here, not a totally valid comparison. The Norton is a sweet bike, but at that price, we could add the Ohlins, Brembos etc to the Bonnie and still have money left over.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I don't know whats wrong with me, but watching out for cracks, vinyl pavement stripes, homicidal SUV's , police, potholes, deer, makes me think I don't give a damn what my top speed is. It goes, fast enough to get into deep trouble in seconds.

I'm thinking I have enough power. Better tires and shocks, yeah I could use those.

Rhodie

Street Tracker
Sadly a p*ss-poor attempt at a review.
We learnt little about the comparison between the bikes,
when they had the opportunity to do so.
Their 'pithy' comparison comparing the the Bonnie to a savloy was pathetic.:chair:
If anyone in the UK can scan their published report I'm sure many would appreciate it.
As someone said previously they are comparing two different level of bikes -nout wrong with that mind you-
as they are of interest to the same market, price permitting.