Classic fins on new bonnie headers

coopv2

Street Tracker
next you guys will try putting old school rocker covers on there

wait, what are they called? this isn't the harley forum...

Whats that got to do with the price of fish,:)
Did you end up ordering your D&D pipes?
Want to sell me your stock headers? They have to be cheap right? I know you haven't cleaned them for 2 years.. :)

Last edited:

coopv2

Street Tracker
Thanks LMT, think i got my large ones from them guys, and your right they seen to have a nice looking smaller clamp.

sportyone

Street Tracker
classic fins

as I said. . . watch this space !! :)

well here they are, BSA exhaust fins, all fitted up & looking cool !

no problem fitting either, when cut in half they fasten up real tight just like a scaffold clamp, all tight with some to spare too !

check out the fotos guys :headbang2:

as you can see, I split the ring and nipped up the base just like a scaffold clamp with a s/s bolt, very neat, 10mins work.
I couldn't wait to fit them, did it straight away as soon as I received them, may take them off to clean & polish up a bit, as being cast aluminum they should clean up well. :wave:

Attachments

• IRP_0180A.jpg
    IRP_0180A.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IRP_0184A.jpg
    IRP_0184A.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IRP_0185A.jpg
    IRP_0185A.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

sportyone

Street Tracker
Looks great, good work!

thanks Seth,

now I have to go and take more fotos of my machine again as I have recently fitted the Thrux mini bars & bar end mirrors on your suggestion, with 1/2"
Spacer Jim's spacers to clear the tank and save my thumbs plus a Thrux jell seat . . . .wow finally comfort, can ride aaaaall day !
might even fit an air horn if I can find a spot for the blower ?

so now what with the retro fins, it's ready for some new fotos !!!
:woot:

Last edited:

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
I couldn't wait to fit them, did it straight away as soon as I received them, may take them off to clean & polish up a bit, as being cast aluminum they should clean up well.

Very nice.. If you haven't already done so, when you take 'em back off to clean 'em up, could you post a couple pics of how you bolted the top (cut) portion together. I'm clueless.. :flag: Thanks

coopv2

Street Tracker
Very nice.. If you haven't already done so, when you take 'em back off to clean 'em up, could you post a couple pics of how you bolted the top (cut) portion together. I'm clueless.. :flag: Thanks

No bolt on the top cut from what was mentioned earlier, as sportyone said they are a neat fit with only the bottom bolt. But I agree with Carlos and think a small hole out back of the cut with some safety wire thru both halves in case the bolt vibrates loose.
I would like to see black engine paint and shaved fins, but thats just me.
Love the cool clutch arm cover also.
I also have another style of clamp coming from India, should be in this week.
Will update with pics when done

sportyone

Street Tracker

that's fine,

but they fit not unlike a scaffold clamp, nipped up at the bottom bolt only and they fit so snugg perfect, a little high temp. loctite on the bolt and they'll be sitting enjoying the ride just fine !
been for a few rides at full running temp & they are doing good !

as you can see from the foto, the bolt does all the holding, and see I haven't even tightened it total, not required to be over tentioned as they do nothing but sit watch the klms go by ! :wave:
cheers

:cheer:

Attachments

• IRP_0003.jpg
    IRP_0003.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 0

coopv2

Street Tracker
By the way, it seemed like a good idea to make the top cut further towards the inside (not at 180*) that way the cut is not so visible.

coopv2

Street Tracker
Found these on fleabay in india, vintageconnexions if you want to search for it, cheap as, and fast shipping. Also found them in a USA online store if you want to check em out.
http://store.royalenfieldusa.com/aftermarket-parts-accessories/exhaust/alloy-exhaust-clamp-for-350
ANYWAY.... got myself 2 pair to mess around with. one on the right is how they come. one on the left is after i sanded and reshaped the fins ready for a coat of black. just going to cut opposite the cut thats already there and fit as they lay on the table.
Like these better than the others I fitted earlier.
assembly.jpg

Hey Coop, any chance of a part No. off your invoice from "vintageconnexions"? When I look at the ebay store all they show are 350 & 500 Enfield fins and they look different to yours.