I'll show you mine if you'll show me your's! PICTURE THREAD

My Bonneville 09

picture.php

picture.php

Mods
Arrows 2/1 - baffle out
Anodised Skid Plate (post purchase)
Single Seat & Rack (although it will soon be "& cowl")
Powder Coated Wheels (post purchase)
Chrome Engine Kit (post purchase)
Rear Peg Elimination Kit (post purchase)
Knee Pads
Tank Pad (post purchase)
Anodised Brake Reservoir
Black Fly Screen (post purchase)
Black Sixty8 LHD City Bag
Black Sixty8 Tank Bag (not shown)
Scott Oiler - Hidden in LHD Side Panel

Plans for future mods ... ... ...

Non performance:
Respray post warranty period black two tone, gloss and matt with gold pinstriping and without model designation
Mount tank badges

Performance:
Ceramic Coating to headers/manifold
Upgrade rear shocks to Ohlins
Upgrade forks' internals

Last edited:

Kiwi

Two Stroke
mmmmm, I rather like that. I'm not generally a fan of the 17" mag wheel versions, but you've got that looking nice, maybe it's the black wheels. I'm pleased you're getting rid of the rack too - I like the single seat look but don't like the rack system that goes with it - it's the pan thing that mounts under the rack itself I don't like. I've only seen them in pics and not in the flesh, but it looks like a cheap, black painted, steel pressing. The gloss/matt black with gold pin stripe sounds cool too.

Mags and Rack

mmmmm, I rather like that. I'm not generally a fan of the 17" mag wheel versions, but you've got that looking nice, maybe it's the black wheels. I'm pleased you're getting rid of the rack too - I like the single seat look but don't like the rack system that goes with it - it's the pan thing that mounts under the rack itself I don't like. I've only seen them in pics and not in the flesh, but it looks like a cheap, black painted, steel pressing. The gloss/matt black with gold pin stripe sounds cool too.

In the UK the effect of the salt is a nightmare with the cast wheels hence the powder coating. I was taking over an hour just to clean the wheels. Like you, I think they are better in black.

I like the seat/rack combination but the construction of the cowl element is very flimsy making the rack not much more than cosmetic with a maximum weight limit of 5 kgs. The cowl is the weak link. So with a seat cowl I will store some tools, a gridlock and light cover. Ideally I would buy a Corbin Smuggler but the price is prohibitive.

Thanks for the comments - always welcome.

strokerlmt

Very nice bike. I really like the PCed wheels. I have always liked the way those headers turn and tuck under the engine going into the 2 inch pipe early. Looks very cool.
LMT

casper

Two Stroke
In the UK the effect of the salt is a nightmare with the cast wheels hence the powder coating. I was taking over an hour just to clean the wheels. Like you, I think they are better in black.

I like the seat/rack combination but the construction of the cowl element is very flimsy making the rack not much more than cosmetic with a maximum weight limit of 5 kgs. The cowl is the weak link. So with a seat cowl I will store some tools, a gridlock and light cover. Ideally I would buy a Corbin Smuggler but the price is prohibitive.

Thanks for the comments - always welcome.

There is a guy who made the rack much more heavy duty. Its a home made modification though.

Casper

mark66

TT Racer
Sweet new bike Boof.....I went the same route as you just did....I had an America, sold it and got an '07 Bonneville. Didn't get to ride it much as it was late in the year and winter set in around here but the few miles I was able to ride sure were nice. I like the riding style better than the America.
Enjoy the new bike.

My photographer mate has been at it again using me & the BB to build his portfolio - here's a few for you:

Eat yer heart out Marlon!

138.jpg

Being a fashion model is thirsty work....

167.jpg

Rockin' and rollin' round the ring road.

3074.jpg

Burning it up in da ghetto!

9101Large.jpg

Isn't she beautiful?

9061Large.jpg

Cheers,

Pikey.

Hey there "BIG STICK",great photos.

LOL Tezza!

Yep, my mate does this for a living and is using me as his test dummy with a view to offering a pro service for people wanting quality pics of their bikes. As you can see, he puts a bit more effort into it than just lining up the bike & rider and taking a few snaps!

Cheers,

Pikey.

Bonneville09er

Street Tracker
picture.php

picture.php

Mods
Arrows 2/1 - baffle out
Anodised Skid Plate (post purchase)
Single Seat & Rack (although it will soon be "& cowl")
Powder Coated Wheels (post purchase)
Chrome Engine Kit (post purchase)
Rear Peg Elimination Kit (post purchase)
Knee Pads
Tank Pad (post purchase)
Anodised Brake Reservoir
Black Fly Screen (post purchase)
Black Sixty8 LHD City Bag
Black Sixty8 Tank Bag (not shown)
Scott Oiler - Hidden in LHD Side Panel

Plans for future mods ... ... ...

Non performance:
Respray post warranty period black two tone, gloss and matt with gold pinstriping and without model designation
Mount tank badges

Performance:
Ceramic Coating to headers/manifold
Upgrade rear shocks to Ohlins
Upgrade forks' internals

THAT is a great looking bike! nice job