If you touch my junk...

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I have yet to be patted down at a airport. Is it for the greater good? I sure hope, and not some gov'tmental way to tighten it's "Big Brother is Watching (and touching) You" grip. If people really had a problem, there are always trains, cars, and boats.

Really? So the next time I head off on a deployment I can take a train, car or boat to the location? Here is a new flash...not all flights are used for recreation. As a matter of fact, there is a bigger demand for airlines to be used as a communting source on a daily basis. So to adopt a take it or leave it policy where people can go by boat, train or car if they don't like it is not realistic whatsoever. Using airways as a form of transportation is used just like other forms of transportation where people have no choice but to utilize it.

I don't get it...we can physically violate people over built up words out or fear like "safety" and "security." But to profile an individual is morally and constitutionally wrong? Give me a break. I don't get how so many people are willing to sacrifice individual liberties and REAL threats to all individuals in this country in the name of safety, but then we are so willing to walk the "moral" line and run away when a word like profiling is used. News flash...whether a military member, federal agent, law enforcement officer, admits it or not...they profile. They have to profile in order to do their jobs.

Prior to my last deployment, we had to go through training. This individual that we went to go see was a very highly trained and effective person at his job and his first comments were very clear:

The very first thing everyone is going to learn how to do is to profile each and every individual. Thankfully you are not in the USA because unless you develop yourself in how I am going to train you, then you are going to get killed. You see a native of this region, and he doesn't stink to high hell, he has bathed, he has nice, new white cotton on, then you better put a center dot in his forehead and ask questions later.

If you think the appropriate people aren't profiling already then you are kidding yourselves. They will never admit to it because of the ramifications they would face. It is NATURAL to profile individuals when you start talking security and combat measures.

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
Really? So the next time I head off on a deployment I can take a train, car or boat to the location? Here is a new flash...not all flights are used for recreation. As a matter of fact, there is a bigger demand for airlines to be used as a communting source on a daily basis. So to adopt a take it or leave it policy where people can go by boat, train or car if they don't like it is not realistic whatsoever. Using airways as a form of transportation is used just like other forms of transportation where people have no choice but to utilize it.

Hey Tang...I realize that these modes of transport aren't for everyone, and aren't always available, but there are options. Tongue in cheek as they say...

zmilin

Street Tracker
as I sit at SeaTac waiting for my flight today (one of over two dozen flights this year alone) I have no issue with the body scan, no issue with a pat down if they chose me.

Since I am choosing to fly I have no issue with those things. If I had issue with those things then I would not fly...but I do fly, a lot, so scan and pat away.

ON another note....I do think TSA is a bunch of tards and the monies for the body scanners would have been better spent on hiring good people instead of the same tards that were there before.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
To me it's question of degree and I understand why there's pat downs. I also think since it's out there in the news flights are safer. The one time I flew since 9-11 I didn't think once about my serrated pocket knife that I carried ever since I was an OTR driver to cut safety belts. Into the trash bin and patted down in my stocking feet.

I was more pissed about losing my $3.00 knife. Go figure.

So we're losing our personal freedoms a bit at a time. We're mostly guys here and I'm betting if you ask a Soccer Mom who is flying with her three kids to Grandma's house for Thanksgiving this same question you'll get an answer that's in line with what TSA's doing to keep flying safe, but I'm betting if kids are patted down she'd scream bloody murder. That's the problem isn't it? The normal everyday people are being treated the same way as criminals are. And even if it's a security measure, it still makes us a bit outraged to be treated like a criminal.

KingBear

Hooligan
I think a little civil disobedience is in order. I gave the TSA guy quite a bit of shit last time I went through the photo booth, and I think next time I'll opt for the pat-down so I can really make a scene. This is bad policy and it can be corrected.

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
It's pretty simple.. If you want to fly, you're either going to get scanned or get patted down until something better comes along. Otherwise, take the bus..

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Show me the bus route from Japan to Iraq and I'll take it...simple. Last time I had to go through that, I ended up having one of those dip-shits in a throat lock. This is beyond ridiculous...from people in uniform to a five years old child goes through this treatment. It is clearly a violation in a standard format and done so over a form of transportation that isn't even likely to be utilized like it was for 9/11. The buses and trains are a much softer target than the airlines. What then? Follow suit and give up your rights or find another form of transportation? How about everyone just starts walking/swimming now for their transportation...

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
There's another way to think about this. Shut your eyes. Think of Babes on Bikes (particularly that smokin hot asian cutie pie with the big boobies from a few weeks back, yum!). And when Fred the Fondling TSA Guy gets to you and grabs your junk, let out a moan of pleasure. I bet the first time someone creams on contact is the last time that TSA guy gets quite so intimate.

Just sayin.

ssjones

750cc
We're definitely in some weird times.

My last trip, I went thru three airports with my toiletries in a clear, zip, make-up type pouch. At the 3rd (Hartford), the TSA see the bag I pull out of my suitcase (no checked luggage, I travel lean) and says “you’ve done this before, that is smart”. My bags go thru and they stop to talk about my stuff. The TSA guy on the machine says “all items must be in a zip-lock bag”. I say "isn't that the same thing?". He says no, and asks if I have a zip-lock. I don’t. I say that bag has been on a dozen trips at least thru TSA security without question and all the items inside meet TSA fluid oz requirements. He says they can’t go, a zip lock bag must be used. At this point, I’m running a little late to get to my gate and I tell him “fine, just toss what isn’t OK and let me get my plane”. He chucks my shaving cream, toothpaste but I can keep my spare contact lens packs. I finally just say “thanks for not letting the plane blow-up”. I than figure I should just keep my mouth shut and catch my plane.

I haven’t flown since the new scanners have been in place, but will in early December. I'll probably just do the scan to keep the peace.

A buddy just send me this interesting experience from Penn Teller:
http://www.pennandteller.com/03/coolstuff/penniphile/roadpennfederalvip.html

normandy

Street Tracker
Last trip I took they wanted my toothpaste and shampoo cause they were not of the smaller type and even took my bottle of water. I got thru with a key fob knife but they grabbed that on the return flight.
The thing that pissed me off the most is ALL the staff involved at both airports were fucking terrorists (racially profiled). The east indians have all these and gov't office jobs in Canada cause of the hire a minority bullshit that went down in the 70's. Racial profiling is IMPOSSIBLE here and if they decide to tear us up, they can do it from the inside out.

Gretsch

Rocker
There's another way to think about this. Shut your eyes. Think of Babes on Bikes (particularly that smokin hot asian cutie pie with the big boobies from a few weeks back, yum!). And when Fred the Fondling TSA Guy gets to you and grabs your junk, let out a moan of pleasure. I bet the first time someone creams on contact is the last time that TSA guy gets quite so intimate.

Just sayin.

Now that's just fucking hilarious! I might ask them to nibble on my ear and call me a dirty girl too..... :banana:

Gretsch

Rocker
Interesting dilemma. Me personally..... I would not have an issue with it, and I have a small penis!

I can't wait for TSA to actually find someone who was wishing to do harm. Then perhaps people may look at it differently?

Times change and this is not Ben Franklin's era. We no longer sleep comfortable by leaving our front doors unlocked. I miss those days, but I don't want to be on the same plane as someone who decides to light their tampon bomb.

I'd venture to say that Ben's era was a LOT less secure and comfortable than modern day. We tend to romanticize the past through the looking-glass of time.

Also, with the current back scatter scanners a tampon bomb wouldn't be detected. Are we all ready for the full body cavity search? :sheephqr:

cali_rider

Scooter
I'm a million mile flyer, and I've had the full body x-ray, and "standard" pat-down, nothing on the inner thigh.

Personally, I'm not that sensative, I could care less. I do NOT feel humiliated or violated. The only part that I can't figure out is I am the wrong demographic, married aging white male... It is what it is...of course if they evolve to digital penetration, then I'll have a problem with it.....is that the first or second knuckle......doh!

ssjones

750cc
I'm a million mile flyer, and I've had the full body x-ray, and "standard" pat-down, nothing on the inner thigh.

Personally, I'm not that sensative, I could care less. I do NOT feel humiliated or violated. The only part that I can't figure out is I am the wrong demographic, married aging white male... It is what it is...of course if they evolve to digital penetration, then I'll have a problem with it.....is that the first or second knuckle......doh!
Hmm, you might be onto something. Maybe combine frequent male flyers with our annual prostrate check? <g>
I'm pretty much of the "if we don't blow up do what you need". At 50, I have no more dignity left, we're all just cattle in a tube anyways....

To be honest, I'm a lot more concerned over flight delays on the tarmac, that really invades my personal time and seems senseless. I say fix that issue first!

2Monkeys

Street Tracker
I try to fly out of small regional airports, where there is next to no security. Might cost abit more but is well worth it. I show up 45 minutes before my flight leaves, check in, walk thru the metal detectors, wait a minute or two, board and then voila off to the big airport. No pat downs, no scanners, so I'm probaly flying with terrorists, but then so is everyone else once they get into the system at Shenandoah Regional Airport, just in case you were wondering... service to IAD then the world.

ssjones

750cc
Providence RI (TF Green), the best small airport on the East Coast!
On the other hand, Hartford is where they gave me a rough time about my clear zip bag!
I try to fly out of small regional airports, where there is next to no security. Might cost abit more but is well worth it. I show up 45 minutes before my flight leaves, check in, walk thru the metal detectors, wait a minute or two, board and then voila off to the big airport. No pat downs, no scanners, so I'm probaly flying with terrorists, but then so is everyone else once they get into the system at Shenandoah Regional Airport, just in case you were wondering... service to IAD then the world.

KingBear

Hooligan
What I'm seeing a lot of here is "It doesn't happen to me so I don't care." Okay, just wait until you take a family vacation and it's your wife or 11-year-old daughter going through the see-through-the-clothes machine or getting the pat-down. See if you feel any differently. If you don't you're a moron.

ssjones

750cc
What I'm seeing a lot of here is "It doesn't happen to me so I don't care." Okay, just wait until you take a family vacation and it's your wife or 11-year-old daughter going through the see-through-the-clothes machine or getting the pat-down. See if you feel any differently. If you don't you're a moron.
Good point. I don't think my wife would be a problem, might be kind of hot...
But if I had a small daughter, that would be different.
My 27 yr old daughter flew today, got scanned twice, arrived home safely so I'm grateful for that.