Eeek Guns!

Shorty

Two Stroke
Oxblood...is that a Ruger LCP in the pic? You may already know that there's been a factory recall on this unit for a certain range of serial numbers. My daughter has to send hers off for a retrofit.

Shorty

Oxblood

750cc
Oxblood...is that a Ruger LCP in the pic? You may already know that there's been a factory recall on this unit for a certain range of serial numbers. My daughter has to send hers off for a retrofit.

Shorty

Yeah it's one of the recalled ones. Free mag extension for me!

--Oxblood

KingBear

Hooligan
I'm very glad the gun thread is back. I'm going to buy a rifle and maybe a taser this week.
Yes to the rifle, no to the taser. Tasers are fine for cops because they have extensive training plus all kinds of backup gear on their Bat Belt, including a sidearm. If they miss with the taser or the taser doesn't work they can instantly escalate to the next level of force. They also have radios and other officers for backup.

You probably won't have those options, and if you're in a situation which calls for this sort of defensive action your mind won't work that way. Given the choice under code orange or red conditions you probably would and should go for the gun.

thruxiegirl

TT Racer
Yes to the rifle, no to the taser. Tasers are fine for cops because they have extensive training plus all kinds of backup gear on their Bat Belt, including a sidearm. If they miss with the taser or the taser doesn't work they can instantly escalate to the next level of force. They also have radios and other officers for backup.

You probably won't have those options, and if you're in a situation which calls for this sort of defensive action your mind won't work that way. Given the choice under code orange or red conditions you probably would and should go for the gun.

Ya but then I have to drag them in my house and put a weapon in there hand, blah, blah. To many rules to be the good guy. I figure zap them and tie them up for the cops, and kick them in the balls a few times. He, He.

Paddyboy30

Two Stroke
this weekend!

For those in driving distance from the Philadelphia area, the Valley Forge Gun Show is back in town this weekend!!! and for the first time this year, I don't have to put on my uniform and spend the whole weekend at Fort Dix!!!!! YEAH!!!!!

Anyways, I previously wrote I was looking at picking up the Ruger NRA Mini-14, but I just read about another rifle, the Kel-Tec SU-16C. Has anyone had any experience with them? They look really handy with the under-folding stock, and ability to take a pistol grip and collapsable stock, along with AR mags and AR flash hiders. Anyone? Anyone??

Attachments

• 800px-Kel-Tec_SU-16C_folded.jpg
    800px-Kel-Tec_SU-16C_folded.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 0
  • SU16-PistolGrip-SideExtendedA.jpg
    SU16-PistolGrip-SideExtendedA.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 0

thruxiegirl

TT Racer
For those in driving distance from the Philadelphia area, the Valley Forge Gun Show is back in town this weekend!!! and for the first time this year, I don't have to put on my uniform and spend the whole weekend at Fort Dix!!!!! YEAH!!!!!

Anyways, I previously wrote I was looking at picking up the Ruger NRA Mini-14, but I just read about another rifle, the Kel-Tec SU-16C. Has anyone had any experience with them? They look really handy with the under-folding stock, and ability to take a pistol grip and collapsable stock, along with AR mags and AR flash hiders. Anyone? Anyone??

What? Are you going to shoot a gang of deer?

Oxblood

750cc

That looks bad ass I may have to wait on the ar-180b.
keltec_su16_C.jpg

--Oxblood

Paddyboy30

Two Stroke
What? Are you going to shoot a gang of deer?

hahaha only if there coming right for me!

nah..just figured I'd pick something like that up while it's still legal. For deer, I've got my .270 Savage 110.

By the way, I'd love getting a Kimber .45! That's a great choice. And sorry about your dog! Best of luck with that one Thruxie!

thruxiegirl

TT Racer
hahaha only if there coming right for me!

nah..just figured I'd pick something like that up while it's still legal. For deer, I've got my .270 Savage 110.

By the way, I'd love getting a Kimber .45! That's a great choice. And sorry about your dog! Best of luck with that one Thruxie!

My dogs are fine. Thanks

Most of the clubs around here are not accepting new members or priced like a Country Club. Unless you know someone with land it is hard to find a range to shoot at lately.

Paddyboy30

Two Stroke
Suburban Philly isn't really a great place to shoot long guns either. I'm asking around about some local clubs that have rifle ranges, since the only public ranges around are handguns only. I'd probably get in some kind of trouble if I even tried to fire an air gun in the back yard LOL If only I could talk my gf into moving out to Montana or something :)

JEnfield

Street Tracker
Paddy Hedge and myself will be at Valley Forge this weekend on Sat. I bet the dealers jack the prices sky high this weekend trying to get the fear purchase . I work part time in a gun shop here in Delaware and the biggest problem we are having is getting ammo everyone is sold out of normal shit. Thruxie we have a 600 meter range you can take a vaction and come shot my 82a1.

Jimmy

thruxiegirl

TT Racer
Paddy Hedge and myself will be at Valley Forge this weekend on Sat. I bet the dealers jack the prices sky high this weekend trying to get the fear purchase . I work part time in a gun shop here in Delaware and the biggest problem we are having is getting ammo everyone is sold out of normal shit. Thruxie we have a 600 meter range you can take a vaction and come shot my 82a1.

Jimmy

That would be awesome.

Gretsch

Rocker
Oh what the hell. Last time I did this a bunch of people got pissed and one even quit but, what can I say. I like guns. This is a dated pic as I now have another AR and a Walther PPS .40. Next up is reloading equipment. Anyone have a good recommendation for reloading equipment? I'm a total n00b so I've got a book but I still need EVERYTHING else. It's that or ammo hording is going to put me out of house and home. I also need a good cheap bench. If anyone knows where I can pick the bench up that would be greatly appreciated too.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 0

Goin-Commando

Street Tracker
Quote:
"Next up is reloading equipment. Anyone have a good recommendation for reloading equipment? I'm a total n00b so I've got a book but I still need EVERYTHING else. It's that or ammo hording is going to put me out of house and home. I also need a good cheap bench. If anyone knows where I can pick the bench up that would be greatly appreciated too."

Sears, I got my bench from Sears, has a nice heavy top, 4 large drawers and a cabinet(I think it was $250 bucks).
Look into the Lee reloading equipment= inexpensive and pretty good quality. I have a mix-match of stuff, a single stage press and dies for the .223 so far.

We haven't saved the shell/cases after every time we go, but this is some what I have saved:

cases.jpg

From left to right:
45 ACP= I used to have a Springfield Arms 45, didn't really like it.
45 Long Colt= for the Judge, I do like this one
357 Magnum= used these in the Ruger SP101, didn't really care for those either
38 Special= used in the SP101, love them/ very accurate
9mm luger= in case you can't tell, we really like shooting those
380 Auto= the 3 lonely cases at the bottom left, we really hate that gun. I keep it in the garage.

Last edited:

geolpilot

Street Tracker
Consider just reloading the expensive stuff like .357 and .44 magnum. 9mm, 38 special, and .223 are cheap enough, that it hardly pays to go to the work of reloading it. I use a progressive press that will hold 6 dies, enough for two calibers. A powder measure that will drop the same charge every time is very nice to have. If you are a beginner, or maybe experienced, I think that it is a very good idea to choose a powder that will fill the case over half full. That way, if you do a stupid and dump two charges, it will obvious as the case will be completely full with excess powder spilled. If you use a powder that will fill the case less than half full, you might not notice a double charge, until you get the big KABOOM.

Paddyboy30

Two Stroke

Jimmy

Where in Delaware is your range? Rifle ranges are hard to come by in my area. My girlfriend lives just on the PA side of the border though. I might have to wear my Triumph t-shirt so you guys can spot me hahahaha Since I haven't heard back from anyone else, do you have any experience on the SU-16C? I spied one of their message boards and everyone there was pretty enthusiastic about the rifle. One even took a PL-16 .223 pistol that has the SU's action and a 10" (appx) barrel, filled out all the BAFTE paperwork to put an AR type shoulder stock on it to make a really nice short barrel rifle...man that was sweet, but I don't know if it's worth the effort to satisfy the feds

drlapo

Hooligan
I'm trying to buy an SKS for my son for Christmats but none are now available due to the "panic"
there were hndreds at the gun show in October for $200

JEnfield

Street Tracker
Ivar is correct single stage to start. Progressive press can get you into bad habits. I started loading with Lee hand reloaders 25 years ago and thought there has to be a better way then hitting a loaded round with a mallet LOL. I have two Dillion 1050s and one Lee classic and a RCBS rock chucker. I wouldn't think twice about buying a lee kit $150 dollars cheaper then RCBS to get started and then as time goes along and you get better replace pieces as you need to. Paddy I live just outside of Milford 3/4s down the 100 mile state and to answer your question I am not a pray and spray type of person the only Kel Tec similar to that one would jam its ass off but I think it was the cheap plastic clips they make. Doc SKS are going for $400 plus for China made and alittle less for soviet block guns. I would think of the ideal firearm for security and sporting needs and be caliber specific on my purchases and then buy up as much ammo (or for the reloader componets) as I could get.

Jimmy