Eeek Guns!

Oxblood

750cc
Since the old gun threads are gone heres a new one :eeek:

Picked up a Mossberg 500 Persuader today, man am I psyched to go shoot this thing. I also noticed I seem to have an addiction to plastic guns...

IMG_4180.JPG

Next on the list is the Remington 700 SPS then a AR-180b.

--Oxblood

REVOLT

Street Tracker
Hell Yeah!!

I bought a S&W 500 yesterday...I'm mounting it to my handlebars...I'll use it to send warning shots across the hoods of cars/trucks when they get too close!! I'm stoked to use it!! It's only a 5 shooter!!

ssjones

750cc
Santa also dropped off a firearm at my house this week. Picked up a Ruger SP101/357. Can't wait to blow up some cans. Wife says I can't fire it until after Christmas......

koifarm

Hooligan
The 357 is a very versatile cartridge for sure, it, and the .44 mag were legal for hunting game in Arizona back in the 60's and I carried a Ruger Blackhawk with a 7 inch barrel carried in a shoulder holster. I managed a few deer, a few Javelina's and quite a few feral burro's. The burros were declared as fair game by the Arizona Dept of Nat. Res. due to an overabundance of them in many locations. The group of us who hunted together made the most delicious pemmican and jerkey out of the critters which we used on camping, hunting and fishing trips.
Of course trajectory wise they would drop but if you got used to the drop you could shoot amazingly accurate with them. Not much good over 100 yards though but that never was a problem.
In close quarters and for self defense the 357 has great knockdown capabilities in hollow point or Hydra Shock rounds, very near that of a .40 or even a .45.

KingBear

Hooligan
The .357 Magnum is the leading "one shot stopper" of all time, if you believe in that sort of statistical analysis (which I do). The top performing round for the .357 is the Remington 125gr JHP. That's what I carry in my 2" SP101, and I feel very safe and cozy with it.

R

rndtaylor

I have shot and collected 357's for 20 years, and continue to believe they are the best all around cartridge.

I have had a mossberg 500 under the bed for many years, just waiting........

I have only pulled it once in anticipation of using it, but simply racking it was enough to make the little punks run.

schnabba

Two Stroke
the review ends up stating that the preferred cartridge for home defense would be the 45 Long Colt. I could think of better guns that use the same cartridge!

thruxiegirl

TT Racer
Wow! I want one for approaching trespassers on my property.

Since the old gun threads are gone heres a new one :eeek:

Picked up a Mossberg 500 Persuader today, man am I psyched to go shoot this thing. I also noticed I seem to have an addiction to plastic guns...

IMG_4180.JPG

Next on the list is the Remington 700 SPS then a AR-180b.

--Oxblood

schnabba

Two Stroke
Heck Ya. Like a Kimber.

that's a .45 ACP - the 45 long colt is an older cartridge design... still a VERY good choice!

Now, you need to find something that shoots that .460 cartridge....

Left to Right:
.460 S&W Magnum, .454 Casull, .44 Magnum, .45ACP, .22LR (NOTE: the 45 long colt is almost exactly the same dimensions as a 44 magnum - case length and overall length).

Cartridge_comparison1.jpg

Even more fun - Left to right:

3 in 12 ga magnum shotgun shell (for comparison), size "AA" battery (for comparison), .454 Casull, .45 Winchester Magnum, .44 Remington Magnum, .357 Magnum, .38 Special, .45 ACP, .38 Super, 9 mm Luger, .32 ACP, .22 LR

800px-Comparitive_handgun_rounds.jpg

I have a mossberg 835, similar to the 500 except it shoots up to 3-1/2" shells and the barrel has a slightly larger diameter. I've been wanting a 500 persuader for home duty, but I've also been thinking about just picking up another barrel for my 835...decisions decisions.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I just got a judge. Made sense to me, being able to chamber a 410 shell with shot. You're bound to hit something. Good varmit/snake gun. There's a fox in the neighbor's yard and my dogs would make a decent meal for the damned fox.

Go to the Taurus website and you'll see a video of it being shot.

Goin-Commando

Street Tracker
Cool

Cool it's back. I was goin to start this up again after I took some pictures at the range last friday, but it was shitty weather then= :c Oxblood

My girl uses the Ruger SP101 for her carry gun with 38s in it. I bought her the groovy purse and a special tank bag w/ holster.

pistolies2.jpg

The boxotruth be damned, I like the Judge and have fired it enough to find it a formidable enough weapon for home defense. I have it loaded with heavy bird shot so I'm not as likely to hit one of my kids in the other rooms (maybe the bird shot wont penatrate the walls across the hall from my room).
At a distance comparable to the inside of my house the 000 Buck leaves a nice triangle of 3 holes each the same size as a 9mm.
I also like the 45 Long Colts, this thing is not too shabby as far as accuracy with those. The size, the weight and the design of the grip make this gun kind of easy to shoot (managable recoil). I may make this my carry gun when I get my permit.

pistolies.jpg

Last edited: