Eeek Guns!

Paddyboy30

Two Stroke
Thanks man....I'm definitely not a spray guy either...every bullet has a lawyer on it! hahahaha but it's looks like a nice compact and handy carbine, and if the only problem was the cheap mag, it takes STANAG (I think that's how it's spelled) magazines, so any AR style mag should fit...I hear MagPul makes really good mags. Besides, from what little I've seen, the majority of stoppages can be traced back to poor magazines in both handguns and rifles. Is that your experience too?

JEnfield

Street Tracker
Yeah I get guns into the shop all the time it jams it will not cycle. I find 75% of the time its after market cheap mags or its so damn dirty you have to open the action by force. like I said I have only seen one KelTec and it wasn't the one your refering to. I wasn't saying you spray ammo dont take it wrong I am a bolt action person but prefer HK 91s to AR/AKs my personally favorite is a M1A1 springfield or M14 for you vets out there. Like Springfield puts in thier adds Bring Enough Gun. Let me know if you get one maybe I can get ya to come down in the spring and see for myself how it works.

Jimmy

drlapo

Hooligan
i reload around 5000 to 10000 12 ga rounds per year but shot is now $37 for 25 pounds!
it is cheaper to buy loaded shells on sale at Dick's or on line
I bought 20 cases of Dionisis 12 ga 2 3/4 dram 1 1/8 , 7 1/2 for $36 per case
when i last bought shot it was $11/25lbs!

JEnfield

Street Tracker
Yeah ain't that some shit the price of metals fell with the stock market but the price of bullets and lead hasn't budged. I shoot 5 stand with my 410 and a damn box of Remington Nitro 8s is like $16 ouch went back to the K80 in 12ga at $4.99 a box.

Paddyboy30

Two Stroke
I hear you on the bring enough gun issue! While I'm not a huge fan of the 223, there's not really a compact lightweight handy .308 out there, and the closest I know of is the Springfield SOCOM (droooooolllllll, or as Tim the tool man would say, OH-OH-OH-OH-OH-OH), but we're looking at $2000 ballpark for that gun, and maybe $600 for the Kel-Tec, and I'm on a cheap beer budget lol I like bolt guns too, but for a plinking gun that can serve very well in the defense role, I'm liking either a Ruger Mini, or the Kel-Tec.....I've handled the Rugers and like the ergonomics, and hope to find a Kel-Tec this weekend to handle, and then I'll make up my mind, and let you know! Thanks!

JEnfield

Street Tracker
Dude get up with me at the show it would be cool to meet someone new and Hedge should be around also. I will look out for anyone wearing a triumph shirt LOL.

Jimmy

Paddyboy30

Two Stroke
Sounds good. I should be there Saturday afternoon....I'm all of about 5'6" so it'll probably be easy to overlook me! I'll probably be wearing one of my US Navy hats too

Paddyboy30

Two Stroke
Hey, does anyone have any experience with Yukon laser sights? I saw this on OpticsPlanet, and it looks pretty decent, and very nice for the cost:

I'd REALLY like the Lasermax Unimax green, but it's much more than I can afford. I was also looking at maybe doing an Insight M6X light/laser combo, but I do really like the brighter green laser.

Attachments

• ba5e_1_39365_1.JPG
    ba5e_1_39365_1.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 0

BobM

Two Stroke
drlapo
where are you located, I have a couple SKS, I'd be willing to part with one if your close.
E-mail me.

I think I'm going to pick up another Mossberg 12ga pump this weekend (already have an 835, but it's for hunting = long barrel). I'm hoping for a 590 (8+1 capacity) but I might settle for a 500 persuader.

Oxblood

750cc
Got my christmas bonus today so its off for a 1911 for me. I'm going to break my black plastic gun buying trend!

--Oxblood

Paddyboy30

Two Stroke
Nice choice Ox!
Can't wait to get a 1911 myself, but since they're not hi-cap handguns, I'm not too worried about waiting another year or so, so that I can afford a nice Kimber

geolpilot

Street Tracker
Hey Jeff, why not just get another barrel. I have an 18 inch barrel for mine and a second 18 inch barrel with sights. I bought it from that big catalog gun parts company. They are also online. Name might be gun parts, I don't remember, but they have a lot of stuff. You can change the barrel in nothing flat.

here is a search link on numrich gun parts. Lots of barrels.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/search_beta.asp

Category: Mossberg
Model: 12 GAUGE BARRELS
Item #49720 - Barrel Assembly* $90.85 Out of Stock
Item #806130 - Barrel, 12 Ga. $49.65
Item #799460 - Barrel, 12 Ga.* $45.45
Item #385990B - Barrel, 12 Ga., 18'', 2 3/4'' Chamber, Cylinder Bore, Bead Sight, Blue $59.10
Item #386010B - Barrel, 12 Ga., 20'', 2 3/4'' Chamber, Cylinder Bore, Bead Sight, Blue $59.10
Item #386000B - Barrel, 12 Ga., 20'', 2 3/4'' Chamber, Slug, Rifle Sights, Parkerized $59.10
Item #955080 - Barrel, 12 Ga., 24" Trophy Slugster Accu-Choke $99.00
Item #702790 - Barrel, 12 Ga., 24'', Rifled Slug - Original, 2 3/4 Or 3". Blue w/ Rifle Sights* $182.35 Out of Stock
Item #702800 - Barrel, 12 Ga., 28'', Vent Rib, 2-3/4 Or 3" Shells - Original Accu Set* $187.85 Out of Stock
Item #726090A - Barrel, 12 Ga., Budget, Slug, 18-1/2'', 2-3/4'' & 3'' Chamber. $28.35 Out of Stock
Item #799450 - Barrel, 12 Ga., C-Lect Choke $45.45
Item #40280 - Barrel, 12 Ga., C-Lect Choke $49.65
Item #806220 - Barrel, 12 Ga., Full Choke $49.65
Item #706580 - Barrel, 12 Ga., Parkerized $130.50
Item #804110 - Barrel, 38'', Full Choke $55.10 Out of Stock
Item #594250-02 - Folding Stock, Forend & Barrel, 2-3/4'' Chamber, 18'', Ready To Install. Blue. $153.25 Out of Stock

Last edited:

mikenva

Rocker
Yeah I get guns into the shop all the time it jams it will not cycle. I find 75% of the time its after market cheap mags or its so damn dirty you have to open the action by force. like I said I have only seen one KelTec and it wasn't the one your refering to. I wasn't saying you spray ammo dont take it wrong I am a bolt action person but prefer HK 91s to AR/AKs my personally favorite is a M1A1 springfield or M14 for you vets out there. Like Springfield puts in thier adds Bring Enough Gun. Let me know if you get one maybe I can get ya to come down in the spring and see for myself how it works.

Jimmy
BOLT GUNS RULE the rest just spray bullets lol.The right man with a good bolt gun you only need 1 shot.

Hey Jeff, why not just get another barrel.

I might do that. I'm "watching" one on gunbroker right now. I'll have to saw it off myself though. My shotgun is a Mossberg Model #835, not as common as the Model #500 and as far as I know the barrels are not interchangeable.

I want the barrel to be as short as is legal, what is that 18"?

geolpilot

Street Tracker
Jeff, You don't want to saw it off yourself. The choke won't be correct and I think that if you don't do it perfectly and then crown it, it will be a mess. That said, I did do that to a 12 in Honduras because I wanted to be able to use inside of a sailboat. I think that it has to be 18" from the bolt face to the end of the barrel, so make it a bit longer, or look it up. Get one from Mossberg with the rifle sights. It is shockingly accurate.

JEnfield

Street Tracker
Jeff the 835 is a total different animal then a 500 and if you can find a used barrel cheap dont worry about cutting it . Standard rule of thumb barrel is measured from begining of the chamber to the muzzle make it 18 1/2 and your good to go law says 18 but the half will not bother you get a 6/48 tap and a new bead done. Local they are sweet but keep the recoil spring in the butt stock clean or it will not cycle. I personally keep a 1917 Lefever Double barrel next to the bed I got it in the shop with a crease across the barrels 2 inches in from the muzzle it is 18 1/2 barrels now and twin loads of high brass #4s front door the bed room door 25 ft you do the math. Geo is right it will not have a choke at 18 1/2 you are into your forceing cone in the barrel and when the wad exits the forceing cone and then releases the shot it opens up at a super fast rate. In the middle of the night and you have to pull the trigger anything in a ten foot area of the gun is in need of alot of medical attention which is why they call it home security its better then ADT.

Jimmy

KingBear

Hooligan
According to federal law the minimum legal length of a shotgun barrel is 18", with a minimum overall firearm length of 26". State regulations may vary (may require a greater length but cannot allow less). Extended choke tubes do not usually count as part of the barrel length.

The barrel can be most easily and accurately measured using a dowel with a line at 18", running the dowel down the barrel until it contacts the breach face (with the action fully closed). This is the method the feds use.

Gretsch

Rocker

fixed:

sbe2CTApg12Ga.jpg