Eeek Guns!

Jeff the 835 is a total different animal then a 500 and if you can find a used barrel cheap dont worry about cutting it .

I'll see what happens with this gunbroker auction. There's an 835 barrel going for $79 + $12 shipping, not too bad I guess. Then I'd cut it down, but I'd rather have a dedicated home defense shotgun. Hell, a Mossberg 500 Persuader is under $300 and it's ready to go. Not too bad.

Hopefully I'll never need it but it's nice to have a cannon at the ready. I'd much rather be armed with a 12ga than a pistol.

ricky

Street Tracker
I... I just can't hold back anymore.
Lookie at what I picked up today. :woot:
This is only the second one I've seen in two years.
M96%20Rifle%20New%20Sights.jpg

Gretsch

Rocker
Nice M96 Ricky! All my cash is going to .223, .40, .45, and maybe reloading equipment for the time being. I was thinking that my next gun will be either the M96, XCR, FAL, M1-A, or an AK. I really like the M96! Used by the SEAL teams right?

Here's the XCR

XCR_Fiixed.jpg

ricky

Street Tracker
I really like the M96! Used by the SEAL teams right?
I think so but not 100% certain. Those guys tend to keep quite on what they use.
I do believe that the XCR series is geared more toward LEO's.
GWforLEJan09.jpg

mikenva

Rocker
Dont take this wrong but i dont understand sending big bucks on some of the uto rifles that some of you do,when you could have a good custom bolt gun that will hit what you shoot at.Most good factory varmit rilfes shoot 2 or 3 times better then the autos do.Heck my deer rifle will out shoot all of them any day.

JEnfield

Street Tracker
I would agree Mike but every now and then I like to take My HK 91 out and let it eat. I can be odd I like revolvers and shot them well . I carry a j frame smith almost all of the time it goes before the 32c Glock for carry due to size. I love 700 remingtons only after I replace about everything other then the reciever LOL. I am building a M77 Ruger in .257 Roberts for my Duaghter for Christmas but God I love belt feed ammo at the Gun show yesterday they had a full auto M60 I was feeling all warm and fuzzy but $32,000 was out of my budget.

Jimmy

mikenva

Rocker
yea if i was to buy a auto it would be a m60 buddy of mine let me shoot his .Thats real fire power and its heavy enough to hit something with.REM sure arent what they use to be as far as stock rifles go but they still have the best action on a bolt gun after you true them up alittle.I had a few 40xbr rifles over the years made back when mike walker was running the custom shop .They where the best factory guns ever built.That old man knew his stuff .When i shp my first ibs nat. bench rest match back in the 80s .I saw these to old men carrying all there loading stuff and helped them ,I taked to the 2 of them for a hour or so when i walked away i though them old guys know some shit .I get back to where i got my loading stuff and my buddy says I didnt know you knew mike and ferris .That was mike walker and ferris pindell.I spent many hours talking to them old men and learned a lot from them.I allso met bill davis (mr m16)he was a buddy of theres to.Between them 3 most of the shit we know today was started by them.

ricky

Street Tracker
Dont take this wrong but i dont understand sending big bucks on some of the uto rifles that some of you do,when you could have a good custom bolt gun that will hit what you shoot at.Most good factory varmit rilfes shoot 2 or 3 times better then the autos do.Heck my deer rifle will out shoot all of them any day.

No biggie, I even have a couple of Henry Golden/Yellow Boy's lever actions.
I like to mix it up.

JEnfield

Street Tracker
I dont get upset I dont mind if you have a pellet rifle or a machine gun doesn't matter to me. I like shooting, reloading and just plan working on guns and oh yeah riding my triumph motorcycle. Yes I know plenty of people with my condition and the first step is to admit you have a problem LOL.

Jimmy

mikenva

Rocker
lol jimmy I use have the gun problem bad I just burned out on it a little . I turned it into work and then it wasnt fun anymore.I use to make and sell hand swedged bench rest bullets it wore me out.shooting is a great sport as long as you keep it just for fun.For about 10 years I was on the road shooting matches.would shoot 4 or 5 days a week got to be like another job,Alot of work and money.had alot of fun met alot of nice people.I never met many gun people that i didnt like what ever type of shooting they did.

JEnfield

Street Tracker
Not bad Old Man when you want to get together . My dad told me when I started shooting NRA youth that you spend your whole life learning how to hit the target and then you get old and cant see the fuckin target. I am getting to that point now peep sights are starting to turn to scopes and bigger power every year.

Jimmy

JEnfield

Street Tracker
Yeah I know ain't life a bitch. I have to get glasses soon I need fuckin hearing aids now from all the muzzle blasts before I started wearing ear protection HUH.

Jimmy

Paddyboy30

Two Stroke
Guess I missed you guys at the show! I was on a mission to find that Kel-Tec I was talking about, but they didn't have the version of it I wanted. I ended walking out with a nice 2x2x2 ammo pouch for my Dick Special, a sweet sling for my shotgun, and an application for a local shooting club. Oh, and a couple cards from dealers who said they could get me the rifle I'm looking for. They did have some cheap scopes there that looked half decent for the money...but I'm not too sure about the NcStar name...from what I've heard, they're not really known for quality

Oxblood

750cc
So I took three shots with my 2 week old mossberg and the hand guard breaks, whoohoo warranty work time. Not very reassuring as my home defense gun but everyon makes a lemon occaisonally. On the other hand my new cheap ass Rock Island 1911 ate every kind of cheap ass .45 ammo I could find and flawlessly cycled 200 rounds without a single malfunction. After all of my plastic guns the steel of a 1911 feels pretty good. I didn't want to spend a 1000+ bucks on a 1911 I'm going to leave in the car and ride around in my damp saddlebags so this RIA fit the bill perfectly and I am very happy with it so far.

--Oxblood

So I took three shots with my 2 week old mossberg and the hand guard breaks, whoohoo warranty work time.

same thing happened on my mossberg. I had them send me a black plastic hand guard and stock to replace the cheapass wood it came with, now it's a black gun! Looks much better.

cynr1023

TT Racer
So; No Shit. I just bought my first handgun. I went with a hi-point 40 S&W. Brand new, in the box, out the door; $135.00. I just found out that they opened a "gun shop" inside the base PX here at Fort Hood. The prices seem to be comparable and the upside is that there is no tax. I'll post pictures and a review when I get back to GA and get it to a range.

drlapo

Hooligan
I have 4 Mossberg 12 ga guns and all have been problem free for 20+ years
my Perazzi, on the other hand, was built in 1967 and has between 5,000 and 10,000 rounds through it every year since and its been rebuilt once