Bonnie or T100

Motley

750cc
20150512_075031_zpsdww45ttw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm going to look at a similar '14 T100 this weekend.

I think the diameter of the front wheel plays a large part in how the bikes feel on the road. The 19" front of the T100 feels a lot slower to turn in than my 18" Thruxton. I'd imagine the 17" front of the mag wheel Bonnie would feel quicker again than the Thruxton.

dr_cerebro

Two Stroke
I'm going to look at a similar '14 T100 this weekend.

I think the diameter of the front wheel plays a large part in how the bikes feel on the road. The 19" front of the T100 feels a lot slower to turn in than my 18" Thruxton. I'd imagine the 17" front of the mag wheel Bonnie would feel quicker again than the Thruxton.

Exactly. The 17'' on the Mag Wheel Bonnie, makes it more maneuverable. I liked that bike very much. And it is more suitable for customizations than the T100, and the Thruxton.

Motley

750cc
Well, the '13 Thruxton was everything it ought to be, considering the low mileage. It had spewed a lot of oil over the bottom of the motor though. I suspect I know where it was leaking from, as my '05 did the same. You'd think Triumph could have fixed that over eight years. Anyway, the bike was lovely, I'd love to take it home, but I couldn't get the price down to what I thought might be more reasonable, and didn't want to insult the seller by pushing too far, so I walked away.

D9

Vendor
Thanks for the update... always interesting to hear how or if a deal goes down.

I remember buying my T100, think it was fall of 2004, bike was a year old... drove to Chicago,
paid the owner $4500 cash, drove it back down south in a u-haul trailer... haven't been that excited for many moons.

Last edited:

Mark

750cc
People are very different in the way they buy bikes. I stand there tied in knots mentally, while another guy just walks in and says I'll take the red one.

dr_cerebro

Two Stroke
People are very different in the way they buy bikes. I stand there tied in knots mentally, while another guy just walks in and says I'll take the red one.

Well, that is true. I read many comments, reviews, comparisons, and when satisfied, I just walk in and say "I'll take the red one".

strokerlmt

In 2003 I was going through a mid life crisis. I wanted a 1969 Bonneville from my college days. I called Kari at his Triumph dealership in the Bay Area to see if he knew where I could find one. We spoke for an hour about riding, motorcycles and what I was really looking for. I purchased my T100, it was a blue and white back then, over the phone and Kari put it on his trailer and drove it 4 hours south to my home that day. Everything else is history now.
LMT

Last edited:

Motley

750cc
Well, I did it. I'm gonna buy the '14 T100. I put some money down and will go back with the rest to pick up the bike later next week.

It looks just like dr_cerebro's bike. The thing is in pristine condition with only 5000km on the clock. I think I'm gonna like this bike much more than the Yam FZ09.

One of the new T120 bikes would have been nice, but I'll be damned if I'm paying car prices for a motorcycle. Triumph priced me out of that market.

I know I'll get many years of enjoyment out of this '14 T100, as I have with my '05 Thruxton.

As I drove away from the sellers house I said to SWMBO..."damnit, I forgot to take a pic!"

This is from the trader ad...

Last edited:

Motley

750cc
You are right. My mistake......

Not a mistake, and we're all entitled to an opinion. I just think that each of these machines can equally be customised to whatever we desire. Change out a few bits and pieces and they're all essentially the same machine. The beauty about 'em is that they're a blank canvas.

dr_cerebro

Two Stroke
Well, I did it. I'm gonna buy the '14 T100. I put some money down and will go back with the rest to pick up the bike later next week.

It looks just like dr_cerebro's bike. The thing is in pristine condition with only 5000km on the clock. I think I'm gonna like this bike much more than the Yam FZ09.

One of the new T120 bikes would have been nice, but I'll be damned if I'm paying car prices for a motorcycle. Triumph priced me out of that market.

I know I'll get many years of enjoyment out of this '14 T100, as I have with my '05 Thruxton.

As I drove away from the sellers house I said to SWMBO..."damnit, I forgot to take a pic!"

This is from the trader ad...

Congratulations !!!
I'm glad that you found the right bike for you.
I'm very pleased with mine, but I think is time to buy better tires.
Enjoy your new bike.
Did you pick a name for her?

Motley

750cc
Thanks. I'm gonna get it in the morning (Saturday), but he weather is supposed to be lousy. I've still got to get it plated.

I just picked up a used tank in this color scheme to see how it'll look on the Scrambler. I need to do some minor repair to pull a small dent, but I got a killer deal on it that I couldn't pass up. This will be an extra tank that I can have re-sprayed if I find I want to try a different color.

Motley

750cc
What....not enough chrome on it for you? :)

Lovely machine. The paint work makes me envious and wanting a more classic look than my bastardized thruxton....

Not chrome plate...license plate. :rolleyes: I've gotta comment on the chrome on the chain guard, it's very cheap and dull looking. I wonder if the Triumph accessory chrome plated chain guard looks quite this bad.

Although red isn't my favourite colour, the paint on the tank really pops, they did a nice job with that.

I just picked up a used tank in this color scheme to see how it'll look on the Scrambler. I need to do some minor repair to pull a small dent, but I got a killer deal on it that I couldn't pass up. This will be an extra tank that I can have re-sprayed if I find I want to try a different color.

I'm thinking this paint scheme wouldn't really suit the Scrambler. The Scrambler needs something more monotone, out-doorsy, and rugged looking.