Official "Bonneville Seat" thread

ANAKIE

moped
Just got it a couple of days ago and love it. Good quality and perfect fit.
newseat5.jpg

newseat4.jpg

newseat6.jpg
Dear Yellowrubiu,
I like the seat - comfy or flat arse?. I also like your front air deflector. Where did you get it please?

yellowrubiu

Street Tracker
Dear Yellowrubiu,
I like the seat - comfy or flat arse?. I also like your front air deflector. Where did you get it please?

The Dart Flyscreen I got directly from Dart through their website.

The seat is comfy. I only had a chance to ride it for a few months before putting the bike away for the winter but in the few months I rode it, it felt very good. I got it from Burtonbikebits - scroll down to the Triumph Hinckley Bonneville Seats section.

KingBear

Hooligan
I have the Dart Flyscreen and I like the way it looks and what little deflection it provides, but it doesn't have the same racy look with my stock handlebars as it does with the lowered bars and outboard mirrors. Very nice!

The seat is comfy. I only had a chance to ride it for a few months before putting the bike away for the winter but in the few months I rode it, it felt very good. I got it from Burtonbikebits - scroll down to the Triumph Hinckley Bonneville Seats section.

Yellow - How long did it take for you to receive the seat? Was it special order or was it in stock and ready to ship when you placed your order?

I'm thinking of getting one myself but want to make sure that it's not going to be months before it arrives.

Cheers,

yellowrubiu

Street Tracker
Yellow - How long did it take for you to receive the seat? Was it special order or was it in stock and ready to ship when you placed your order?

I'm thinking of getting one myself but want to make sure that it's not going to be months before it arrives.

Cheers,

About a week or week and a half.

For those considering this seat be aware that it requires that you move the hooks that hold it to the frame just behind the battery box, from the stock seat to the new one. You can always get an extra set of those from your dealer or BikeBandit if you want to keep the stock seat intact.

klink

Two Stroke
Yellow, I notice that you are running the extended seat bolts. I can't tell in the pic if those bolts are making any contact with the leather. In the past I have seen where bolts used create an indentation in the leather. Was curious if you had run into that with that particular seat. I am getting a quote now from Burton and I do like the seat.

Just got my quote back from Burton. $347 and change includes shipping to the states. Out of stock on that particular model but taking orders for new run starting next week. Bit more than I want to pay right now.

Last edited:

yellowrubiu

Street Tracker
Klink, the extended bolts do make contact with the vinyl (unless something has changed recently and they're now made in leather).

BTW, that quote is about $45 less than what I paid :up: one of the benefits of the pound not being as strong these days.

klink

Two Stroke
Thanks Yellow, yea I knew vinyl just used to saying leather is all. Still mulling it over. Just did the paint touch-up on mine and it turned out okay so I might stick with it for awhile. Never was happy with the way those aftermarket bolts caused the indentations so I still use the stock bolts.

schnabba

Two Stroke
newbonneville has shorter versions of the same bolt that don't make contact with the seat. Same price, but doesn't rub on the seat.

fender

Street Tracker
Yellow, have you had a chance to get much seat time on the seat yet? It looks great just wondering bout the comfort side of things.

yellowrubiu

Street Tracker
I rode it for about 3 or 4 months before I put it away for the winter. During this time the seat was very comfortable, absolutely no complaints at all. My only concern is that the foam might be a little on the soft side and could sag over time as I put more time on it but only time will tell.

I'm hoping to get her back on the road as the weather continues to improve here in the northeast over the next couple of weeks. Last week we had beautiful weather but I've been consumed with a project to redo my den from the ground up and no time to ride.

henrys

Street Tracker
I'm wanting to get a "solo" seat for my bonnie. Does anyone have pictures or know the difference between the "solo" seat A9700134 and the "gel touring" seat A9700135? They are both about the same price...

taw1126

Scooter
I just ordered that same Burton seat for my Scrambler...I really, really hope that it ends my quest for comfort and an authentic/original look.

Though it wasn't indicated on their website, Burton offers a gel option on these seats...another £55 for the riders area, and £95 for the rider & pillion. An additional £9 shipping cost for the gel options due to additional weight.

That was too much $ (or £) for me. I figured I can get gel done here in the US later, for less money, if I want it. At today's exchange rate the cost for seat & shipping was $345.