Official "Bonneville Seat" thread

Bonafide

NBR founder
I've had more than a few seats on just about every Bonnie (and Thrux) we've owned. Figured, why not have a thread showing the seemingly endless number of seats you can put on our bikes.

If you have one yourself, please post it.

Here's old Blue, Scott's 2003 T100 with a Norman Hyde seat I recently picked up.

Scott's TT special with a Corbin Gunfighter and Ol Blue with a stock seat modified with a vintage cover on it.

My 06 silver Bonnie with a MAS race seat.

GF's Bonnie Black with a Corbin Gunfighter.

My 06 with Opal/Tang body work .. with a Thruxton seat/cowl.

snapped this one year at Barber's vintage m/c days. It's a Corbin Smuggler - brown saddle.

Attachments

Gretsch

Rocker
This thread is about seats...and it's a sticky... So I guess that would make this a "Sticky Seat" thread?!?

:gas:

gcrider

Street Tracker
Here's a pic of my Scram with the stock seat reworked by Sargent. I had 1/2" of the stock foam removed and 1-1/2" of their SuperCell foam added for a total height increase of 1" while maintaining as much of the stock appearance as possible. It sure FEELS different than stock though. The Sargent seat feels MUCH better. I had the stock top-to-bottom taper maintained as height was added, so the top is slightly narrower now. Better feel between the legs for sure. The new foam is comfortable but firm.

Bonafide

NBR founder
How comfortable is the MAS seat?
the seat itself is very comfortable. The only reason I stopped using it was it's such a low profile, that it caused my old paratrooper knees to fold up into a jockey-like position and I couldnt stand the pain from it after a couple hours.

If you're vertically challenged, it's going to be a nice option for getting a much lower seat height.

airspro

Scooter
First post ,

Thought I might add this , only found out today .

The Triumph King and Queen seat is about 1 inch shorter than the Stock Scrambler 900 seat that came on my 2007 . Was wondering why me and my misses didn't have as much room . Only today after switching back to the stock seat did I find out the reason or differance between the two .

I plan on sending out my stock seat for some added "spaceage" foam this site is chating up http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

Another Seat Option

G'day all from Adelaide South Australia.
I must say this is a great site, thank you all for the educational posts.
I am new to posting so I hope this works. The photos are of my 2006 T100,as you can see slightly modified. The seat is from VD Classic in France, a little hard but nice shape & quality. They are a little difficult to deal with so be very clear on what you are ordering, easier if you speak French. Most of you will notice the other mods on the bike.
I am going to try starting up an ACE CAFE type club here in Adelaide, so if you live in Adelaide and are reading this get on your bike!

Attachments