Official "Bonneville Seat" thread

2008 T100 with Thruxton seat:

IMG_0457.jpg

attachment.php

So what sort of price did that cost? I am looking at doing similar but just building up between front and pillion ridge.
Any chance of a larger pic for me to show upholsterer? As I may just do the same as you with my stock seat

hankmarx

750cc
attachment.php

So what sort of price did that cost? I am looking at doing similar but just building up between front and pillion ridge.
Any chance of a larger pic for me to show upholsterer? As I may just do the same as you with my stock seat

A friend of mine did it for 100$ He normaly does little solo seats for
choppers, he said he had never done a couch before. Shoot me a pm with your email address and I will try to send you a bigger pic.

Thanks for that hank. Yr Mate done a great job and thats an awesome pic!

attachment.php

Of track a bit i know but your dog is very similar to my red Healer
"Cobber" Could not find a pic when he was younger tho

Attachments

• hanksseatsm.jpg
    hanksseatsm.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Cobber.jpg
    Cobber.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
So are you having an orange seat

I would most def take that one jewel. But I am actually only stealing the design. I will probably just stay all black with additional 2" padding, if go that way.

Still also not sure whether i will just fill in, between front and pillion rise yet.

Similar to the one below, though may make front leather as should be able to only remove cover at front of seat. Or even see if this is possible.

CIMG1423.JPG

RoyalWedding81.jpg

Decisions Decisions.

Last edited:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Anybody fitted the ALCANTARA the velour seat to the 09 Bonne SE is it GEL or just stock with different material, need to get something a little more comfy for the longer rides, Advise and experience would be appreciated options seem limited hear in OZ..... Thanks guys Ben

looking for long ride comfort

I have 01 Bonnie and am looking for a longer ride more comfortable seat. Gel or something. Also I am long legged and want to raise the seat a few inches possibly and get a riser kit for the handle bars. Any thoughts?

Bonafide

NBR founder
I have 01 Bonnie and am looking for a longer ride more comfortable seat. Gel or something. Also I am long legged and want to raise the seat a few inches possibly and get a riser kit for the handle bars. Any thoughts?

I'm pretty local to you - you're welcome to sit on one of our Bonnevilles. Both have M bars/rear sets ... but tried just about every seat out there (exception is King/Queen). Couldnt see how a riser kit would help you unless you have unusually short arms with unusually long legs.

BTW - Freedom Powersports in Acworth/Kennesaw is now a Triumph dealer and RAT's nest. They have RAT meetings every 3rd Thursday of the month - 6 pm or so.

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
'01,
First off...pretty cool you have an '01 Hinkley with the good cams. :)
Seat comfort can be a bit elusive. Maybe you want a riser bar for other comfort reasons but what happens is...raise handlebar and back angle and now tailbone gets pounded more into the seat which can be less comfortable. So be careful what you wish for there. The Dude and others have gone to rearsets and M bars and this many times results in greater seat comfort because more pressure is on the hands and therefore less on the seat for your body weight. Installing rearsets is an expensive experiment tho. No good roadmap for finding what works best other than trial and error. Btw, I am long legged as well and find the stock T100 position works best for me. A side note is....and I have played with fit on a number of motorcycles is....I thought lowering the foot pegs on my T100 may bring me more comfort to my legs and hip flexors in particular....not unlike rearsets. What I found was with my legs stretched out a bit more, I couldn't hold up my torso as easily because my hips were rotated more forward. It wasn't as comfortable as the stock mid sets. You really have to experiment to find your best riding position which many times translates to better seat comfort.
Cheers.

Last edited:

Bigted

Two Stroke
Went with a classic Burton seat. Slightly higher yet shorter seat with the regulation 60's era chrome trim. Has a much nicer/authentic profile than the OEM slab. I gots ta have it.

Attachments

• Burton's Bike Bits Hincley Classic Seat.jpg
    Burton's Bike Bits Hincley Classic Seat.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

bonnxton

Scooter
seats seats seats

Looking at all these seats makes me think.
Has anyone had a go at shortening the actual seat pan and making a solo or 3/4 length seat? With maybe room for subtle, wee rack.
(I've had the Scrambler solo seat/rack but the seat is unfinished if you remove that plastic cowl thing)
Proportionately I think the Bonnie bench is a little too long.
Any craftsmen out there?

Dave

Remember the short lived Tiger Trails btw?

Attachments

• 17621_0_1_4_tr 7 t tiger trail_Image credits - waheedpix.jpg
    17621_0_1_4_tr 7 t tiger trail_Image credits - waheedpix.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Went with a classic Burton seat. Slightly higher yet shorter seat with the regulation 60's era chrome trim. Has a much nicer/authentic profile than the OEM slab. I gots ta have it.

I have the Burton seat and it looks great on the bike.. Gave it the look it should have had from the factory.. BUT.. The foam is too soft for long rides.. I do iron butt rides completing the BBG1500 in 24 hours.. I recently rode a 700 mile ride and I was in pain after about a 100 miles.. It felt like I was sitting on the seat pan after a while.. I will get the foam replaced at Sargent Seats. The stock seat is not too bad, but looks out of place on the bike.. I put 18K miles in 6 months on an 09 T100.. Great bike !!

Allen...... Rideaholic

Gretsch

Rocker

Let's see that puppy on the bike!

Bet it looks :brit_tit:

strokerlmt

This is the seat I'm using now. Its a Norman Hyde seat. It was a little stiff at first but right now it is very comfortable and I have some neck and back anddddd knee issues. I can do several hours in a day and I'm ok.
LMT

Attachments

• IMG_0971.jpg
    IMG_0971.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1