yeah ... a bit of progress on my CB750

I like it - but yours is def bad-ass, how can you top black?

Couple of quick questions for ya -

Is that a mid-70's Goldwing fork? (dual disc)

Also I was considering a steering dampener - worth it? I hear lots about fork stability on the stock 750's in corners.

Finally, what should I expect in the way of handling? My only true comparison would be the Bonnie.

Thanks man! :headbang2:

Bonafide

NBR founder
Is that a mid-70's Goldwing fork? (dual disc)

I assume they are - they were on the bike when I bought it and no one has been able to tell me exactly what they are. I was lucky to have found a CB that someone had put money in already and got tired with it. It had some pretty cool parts on it when I got it, rear sets, clip ons (custom triple tree), cafe seat, the front brakes/forks, etc ... the main problem, it was cobbled. A shade-tree mechanic with shade-tree abilities. The wiring was a mess. there was no rear brake master cyl or any way to attach one. That headlight was a joke. I was actually scared the ride the thing .. and didnt.

Photo_012408_001.jpg

Also I was considering a steering dampener - worth it? I hear lots about fork stability on the stock 750's in corners.

yeah, not so much but I'm not pushing it really hard in the corners yet - and it goes fast enough for what I want it to do already. it was suggested to me to add one, but I doubt I'll be thrashing this thing thru some curves like I do a Bonnie. oh .. I do have a fork brace on it - not sure if you can see it in the pics.

Finally, what should I expect in the way of handling? My only true comparison would be the Bonnie.

Truthfully, it feels like a 30 yr old version of a Bonnie to me. It handles and stops nice enough for what it is. I doubt you will have any issues with it on that part.

Thanks for the info!

I'm def gonna have to see it in person when I get mine finished up. I decree a ride or meet up. Maybe for once you guys come see the band - first round on us.

(by the way, smilies section - perfecto! - hahaha what is that a monkey?)
Classic...

How many bikes you have now?

Bonafide

NBR founder
shit ... I'd have to find what I did with the camera and it's power pack stuff. havent thought about it in a while.

Inexperienced riders on sport bikes ... the last bike I passed in that video, I believe, is your old Bonnie Black.

Cool - I hope he's is being safe, I gave him my armored Triumph Jacket and extra HJC Helmet in the deal. My clock hit 10K on the trip up to his place in Woodstock - it was a weird feeling handing over the keys.... couldn't have asked for a nicer guy tho.

Lesson learned, never sell a bike! :stupid:

Bonafide

NBR founder
Me and Thrux-tonup rode The Loop (Suches, Ga) and then some today - nothing like a Weds motorcycle day. Me on the CB750 and him on his Thruxton. I had a BLAST! Running up US129 to Blood Mtn ... I think I saw Elvis at the 1000ft mark.

018_1-1.jpg

cb750_july09_2.jpg

TWOs_july09.jpg

cb750_july09.jpg

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
The tires and the lines of the tank and seat really work visually and the whole bike has nice lines. You succeeded in the look

But what I want to know is - how does it go? How is the handlng? Does it keep up with the Thrux or is it faster?

Bonafide

NBR founder
But what I want to know is - how does it go? How is the handlng? Does it keep up with the Thrux or is it faster?

It handles great, but the bike has been lowered and JCW said I was getting VERY close to touching the engine cases while going up US129. It's NOT faster than a Triumph Twin - not even close - maybe the top speed, but not how it gets there. The reason would be it has no torque when compared to the Thruxton. You have to keep the rpms wrapped up sky-high in order to keep some umph while coming up off an apex.

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
That was a blast - we'll have to get out there mid week a few times a month. I was surprised how stable the CB tracked through the twisties. It sounds like a formula ford racer with the pipe set-up - cackling on the down shits, smooth and loud on the pipe. You could hear it behind you even with ear plugs. Actually for some weird reason I could hear you better behind me than in front.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Thats what I thought. Before I bought my Bonneville I was looking for a CB750 to Cafe. I rode a couple and was pretty surprised that the low end power was so weak. Thats actually what finally made me go for the Bonneville. I guess I am getting old but I didn't want to scream around the town at 10k rpms. actually out on the mountains thats sounds like fun..just wring its neck on the exit ....but now that I have the Bonny as my main bike, its just a matter of time before I get an old CB off CL...

Last edited: