yeah ... a bit of progress on my CB750

Bonafide

NBR founder
HAWT DAYUM!!! Just got back from riding the SS. This sum-bitch is a whole bunch of coolness.

cb750_2_may09.jpg

Topher0268

Scooter
That is the sweetest cb70 I've ever seen ..... HANDS DOWN!!!!! :worthy:

Those lines are ..................... well ........... PERFECT!

koifarm

Hooligan
Cafe' to your hearts content Dude, what a sleek looking racer.....now you're ready for Hooters Bike Night.......

blkthrux

Two Stroke
You probably need someone to ride that Ducati for you now that you'll be spending so much time on the Honda.

D9

Vendor
That is the sweetest cb70 I've ever seen ..... HANDS DOWN!!!!! :worthy:

Those lines are ..................... well ........... PERFECT!

+1...

Seen it demonstrated yet again...Bud's got the "vision thing" in spades.

:headbang2:

Bonafide

NBR founder
that is awesome, how's the power/handling?

The power is about the same as a Bonnie. It revs higher - not so much TQ down low, but it screams up top. Besides the updated ignition and open exhaust-no airbox-rejetted carbs, it's a stock in the performance dept.

Me and GF did about 50 miles today, just getting out and putting some more shake down miles on it. It runs out quite nice. The brakes squeak (LOUD) - and they squeaked with the old rotors. Think I'll see if new pads will eliminate the squealin.

Video - nothing exciting, just idling in the garage.

Bud, that is a classy ride. You done good. Looks like every part has been touched up or refinished, nothing left out or half-assed.

Where'd you get the controls?

Bonafide

NBR founder
Bud, that is a classy ride. You done good. Looks like every part has been touched up or refinished, nothing left out or half-assed.

nah ... the engine never left the frame. didnt do anything to it except change the oil. it you look at the (ebay) headlight and some other smaller parts, I left them untouched so it would leave some of the 30 yr patina intact - but I'm thinking I'll polish the forks ...

Where'd you get the controls?

From the gettin place. :headbang2:

Two Stroke
I really like the stripe and marque placement on the tank.

Over-all, the bike is "Most agreeable"!:thread:

Two Stroke
Oh, I lurk about in the shadows and dark recesses.

I just don't always have a lot to say.

In my minds eye, at least for now, my bike is perfect although some day a big bore kit needs to become a reality.

I've been getting good at pulling long and gorgeous 1st gear wheelies that are well ballanced. I need to get up the nerve to bang it into the next gear but the last time I pulled that I was on a dirt bike going about 50 mph when I flipped it going from 3rd to 4th gear and nearly ripped off my right butt check.

Maybe I shall just stick to lurking and simple 1st gear, old-man-wheelies.:cheers: