The Indian 111

drlapo

Hooligan
looks to be a good engine but they will probably put it in another heavy weight posser bike
how about another Sport Scout??

drlapo

Hooligan
sweet ride
I had a 1983 850 LeMans so I'm partial to the V7 special
I already have a 50HP twin, 1985 BMW R80, so I don't need another

If I were making that engine I would try my hardest not to emphasize that it's a spruced up 100 year old technological marvel.

KingBear

Hooligan
Very cool animation. I'm confident Polaris will do a better job with the Indian marque than Stellican did. The writing was on the wall for Stellican /Indian when they chose to run their "champagne campaign."

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
If I were making that engine I would try my hardest not to emphasize that it's a spruced up 100 year old technological marvel.

+1

Another "lifestyle" motor in the making that equates into high dollars for a pushrod, tappet valve motor. I want to be inmpressed but it seems to be more "choices" cut from the same cloth...

drlapo

Hooligan
enough of this crap: where is Triumph's single???
maybe they will make a 47hp twin instead to meet the Euro restrictions
500? 650?

KingBear

Hooligan
I don't see the draw to 100 year old engine design, unless it's in a 100 year old bike.
I may be wrong, but I believe it is the Indian marque that is 100+ years old, not the particular bike or engine design itself. They simply incorporate some historical design elements to give it a nostalgic appeal. I enjoy a sense of history and nostalgia myself, which is a large part of what initially attracted me to the Bonneville.

But that's just me.