harder compond tire

Skeeter

Rocker
im rockin perilli sport demons tires on my thrux, had the tires on for a year now and i need a new rear tire. with all the straight, non-twisty roads out here in AZ and the heat i think i need a harder compond tire. anyone know of a good tire that can handle the straight riding?

i know tires dont last long, but would a harder compound tire be better?

FoothillRyder

Two Stroke
im rockin perilli sport demons tires on my thrux, had the tires on for a year now and i need a new rear tire. with all the straight, non-twisty roads out here in AZ and the heat i think i need a harder compond tire. anyone know of a good tire that can handle the straight riding?

i know tires dont last long, but would a harder compound tire be better?

A harder compound tire should be better. Try Dunlop GT501's. I ran them on my Thrux for years. Lots of miles without losing much grip.

cynr1023

TT Racer
I had metzler lazertecs on mine an never had a problem, got around 10-11k with the rears and 1-1.5k more on the fronts. They were grippy enough for me.

Skeeter

Rocker
yea i deff didnt get 10K outta the sport demons. i didnt like the stock metzlers at all tho. the front tire was crackin from dry rottin at 6000 miles.

ivar

TT Racer
I found the GT501's to be a great tire for my bonnie, sticky and very stabe over grooves etc. But not as good for longevity as the Tourances I got on now.

For max mileage, Id give those Metzeler Marathon 880's a try

DIRK

750cc
michelin pilot activ. they are a bias front rear set up with correct sizing. good grip wet or dry and better tyre life that the other bias sets out there. never had any sliding issues with them all the way out to the edge.

I run dual-compound sport touring tires. I like the Pilot Road 2s. I run different wheels so I'm not sure if they're available in stock sizes.

simpson

TT Racer
GT501s here.
I ran the Avon Roadriders A26 and got 10k miles out of them, but was scared shitless more than once when I hit grooved pavement.

-simpson

Kappy

Two Stroke
Dubai is very similar to Arizona - 40 to 50 degrees Celsius and straight big highways. So far I ride the Metzeler as equipped originally - they seem to be pretty ok !

Kappy

Last edited:

Texas94fs

Hooligan
the ME 880s will last forever but if you do any sported ridin, make sure they get hot. I had lots of scares on em.

drlapo

Hooligan
Michelin 2CT
I have the Avon Roadriders on my Thruxton and they are great! but I don't know how durable they are yet

steamfitter

Two Stroke
i just put on avon azario-st's front and back. they are a sport touring tire (hence ST). they have a softer compound on the sides for grip in corners and hard compound in the center for straight ahead riding. since i work all the time, i mostly use the bike for commuting and i am very happy with the tires. miles ahead of the stock metzlers and much, much better handling. i went with 140's on the rear and 110 on the front (i have a t100). like sweat said, a dual compound is the way to go.-keith

em_dot

Street Tracker
I've been using Avon Azaro-STs for the past 15 months and love them. They are v-rated radials not bias-ply. Radials have a better contact patch than bias-ply. Radials don't come in stock size, but the following work just fine.

Front: 110/80VR-19

Rear: 140/80VR-17

So long as they make them I won't change.