Polished swingarm

Flaco

750cc
Hey Allin.....you all are great......I now have more options that I can think about. So now to make some calls and figure out the best and most cost effective way. It would be fun to end up with a slightly lighter are with a polished finish to pick up the engine for 225.....
More later.
LMT
Hello LMT...
I just bought a used swing arm off of craigs list list for $50 that I am going to Jet-Hot coat in the Extreme Sterling for $100...
Went to thier shop in Tempe and talked w/ them. Ask for Cathy, she's cool...
I would love an aluminum swing arm to reduce weight, no dead presidents for it now, however this will do in the mean time for bling...
Plus I can always sell it for $200 and still make a profit as the OEM cost is $557.00...
Chrome no!... Not on my bike, and as far as rattle can spray paint, no way!
Jet-Hot at 1700 degree's and can polish out minor scatches!
Hear me now and believe me later!
Allin...

Flaco

750cc
nohawk,
LMT will probably beat me to it as I am out of dead presidents at this time.

I'm looking forward to it though as it will be a quick swap as I have two swing arms now...

Hey LMT! Make sure you send them a swing arm that has no scratches.
Do you have two?
I'm just concerned that if you send them the one you started wire grinding it wont look, take as good as if you sent them a stock one. They strip and polish prior to coating. The smoother, the better finish.

Keep me / us posted.
It will be a few months before I do my spare one...

5 day turn around, not including shipping two way...

I'll drive mine up to Tempe from Tucson on a Monday and they will have it done by Friday afternoon...

Carry on mate!

Flaco

750cc
nohawk,
LMT will probably beat me to it as I am out of dead presidents at this time.
Well maybe not...
I'm tearing into her this weekend, delivering the parts after work Monday to Tempe then back to pick them up Friday after work...
Will probably just throw the headers back on as it's a ride weekend...
I'll post pic's when the swing arm is on...

Hello LMT...
I just bought a used swing arm off of craigs list list for $50 that I am going to Jet-Hot coat in the Extreme Sterling for $100...

Different countries, different terminology.
Extreme Sterling, is that as in the colour of silver?
Jet-Hot coat, is that the same as baked powder coating?
It sounds like a good project.

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
I have a JMC aluminum swingarm that I'm going to be selling soon.. It came off my street tracker, which I'm also going to be selling soon.

For those who haven't felt the difference in weight in a stock swingarm vs a JMC aluminum swingarm, the weight savings is remarkable.

StreetTracker060209-2.jpg

Flaco

750cc
Damn!

If you don't latch on to it, then I will!
Does that make me third in line...
Or a dollar short and a day late?

I think they are around 7 pounds lighter!

Flaco

750cc
When you sell the bike and if your going to replace the stock rims then I got first dibs on the EXCEL's!!!

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
Ok, lads.. here's the deal.. The swingarm is coming off my Street Tracker, along with the Excels, so I can price the Street Tracker where it will sell.

The Excels have already been installed on my '07 T100, and the stock wheels and new Dunlop GT501s off the '07 have been put on the Street Tracker - along with the original/stock swingarm.

I have a new Norton 961 SE on order, and I simply need the money in order to prevent me from digging (too far) into my savings to buy it.

I'm going to PM you fellas in order of your requests for info above. I'm not going to give the swingarm away, since we all know what they cost, but I will price it reasonably.

Stay tuned.