Long 1st gear

evil knievel

Scooter
Some friends

The first pic is Rons bonnie.He and his dad are good riders.His bike has held up very good in this terain. Next is the most important picture!! This is my girl friend Lanna. She is an excellent rider. The fellow beside the big Quad is Timmy.He's kinda a big brother to us. The next pic is some of the dangerous riding places. The winter pic was taken at Steves farm in Alberta last winter. Hope you guys enjoy them.

Attachments

• triufforum.jpg
    triufforum.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 0
  • triumph bikeforum.jpg
    triumph bikeforum.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 0
  • forumtri.jpg
    forumtri.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 0
  • triumph bikefrom.jpg
    triumph bikefrom.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 0
  • triump4orum3.jpg
    triump4orum3.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 0

T-boy

Rocker
evil: I don't think everyone is dissing you here, but if you go back and read your posts you're always trying to coax-want might be a better word-more speed, power, or off road capabilities out of your bike because your friends are always "beating" you. The Bonnies are a great all around street motorcycle. Are they the best in any one area? No. I've had more cyclists pull up next to me at a stop light and say, "man, you've got a great lookin' bike". That to me says it all. Do you love/enjoy riding your bike? If so, then be happy with what you have. Otherwise you should sell it and buy something that will top your friends. Friendly advice...no disrespect intended.

RoyNC

Street Tracker
Well it is nice to see that there are fellow young guns who are into Bonnies and the Brit bike scene. Thank God not everone under 30 rides a sport bike. We may not have the years of experience as most folks who love these bikes, but we definitely appreciate these bikes and want to do more with them as we have not yet started the age decline.

The OP seems to live in a part of the planet that has tons of different riding options. If picking up a used dual sport or trail bike is not an option then you will definitely want to get decent suspension, add a skid plate, consider higher bars and definitely try different gears. I started on a Bonnie and switched to a Scrambler because I tried one on a trip once and fell in love with how it handles fire roads and other back road terrain. I believe it has something to do with the 270 degree motor that has lower end torque. It is snappy off the line but tops off quicker than the Bonnie 360 motor. Good luck brother. Ride hard and smart and be safe.

ivar

TT Racer
evil, have to agree that you might have bought the wrong bike - shoulda bought the scrambler instead :lol:
to see what the scrambler can do: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141616
Myself I consider the Bonnie a true all-round bike - this year I've done 3 days at the track, several 500 mile days with luggage - and had fun on gravel roads and tracks.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I have no idea how old your are Evil, but I can relate. Way back when every bike I had was on the road and off the road.....including a dress hardtail Harley we high centered. My street bikes got dumped on dirt more often than I could tell you. When I finally bought a bike for off road I tried to take it up to a fire lookout station. Got it stuck in the boulders big time and gave up off roading after that.

All I can say is there's a class out there called adventure bikes. If I were to be interested in taking the superslab to a nice fireroad I knew about, I'd be doing it on a used R80GS or a Kaw dualsport.

Since I don't do dirt, Im happy as a clam with my Bonnie.

If you're in BC you've got one hell of a lot of great scenery to see and you know by now you might not have the best ride for you to do see the sights.

evil knievel

Scooter
For all that must know..I just turned 17,...on sept 11 "egads" For a while my birthday was always getting over-shadowed by the 9-11 disaster.Gotta go..Lanna is waiting for me.:cheer:

For all that must know..I just turned 17,...on sept 11 "egads" For a while my birthday was always getting over-shadowed by the 9-11 disaster.Gotta go..Lanna is waiting for me.:cheer:

Congrats...now have a :beer: (or soda...2 more years till you can) , get some birthday :brit_tit: and :sheephqr:

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
Evil, I assume that you want more power to go really fast down these sandy trails, so I suggest a Hayabusa with dirt bike tires and a meter and a half of suspension travel :gsxr:

Evil, You might ought to really consider giving MTV and XiBit a call asking for their help and letting the guys from GAS, "PIMP YOUR RIDE, DAMN RIGHT BOY! (rap music playing in mind's eye):rocks::T:lol::bug::rock::hj:

Bonniebret

Rocker
Evil, You might ought to really consider giving MTV and XiBit a call asking for their help and letting the guys from GAS, "PIMP YOUR RIDE, DAMN RIGHT BOY! (rap music playing in mind's eye):rocks::T:lol::bug::rock::hj:

That's messed up. We'll call it tough love.

Leedsharlequin

Two Stroke
Hi guys. I went out back road riding with a couple of friends. The trails were easy going until we hit a bad patch of sand. The other 2 bikes weaved and powered through it, but I bogged down and with the really tall first gear that these bikes have,..it had it very hard to get out without a lot of clutch dragging or rear wheel tire spinning. Why have these bikes such a long first gear ? My buddies are in 3rd and I'm still in 1st. I think thats part of the reason my buddies are always getting the jump on me.I feel that this bike would certainly do better with more apropriate gearing. Any one else find the gearing spaced kinda odd ?

For street riding no, for offroad riding yes. Get a bigger rear sprocket and Dual Purpose tires for your offroad riding, or a Scrambler:poke: