Being a rider.. fact or fiction

strokerlmt

This is a good thread.....makes you think......One of the very unique things about NBR is that you are a part of a group if you may, but because of the way Dude set this up we all maintain our individuality. I am NOTTTT a group person but the camaraderie I have found here is unique. The Dude is pretty quiet but Steve, Seth, Wobbly, Sal, Nick, Bluejay, coop, nohawk anddd evennnnn Jeffffff +++++++++.....you all know the people....make this a great place. Not like da otha site.....you are definitely a member of a grp jockeying for position ova there. I ride more and more for the quiet (yes there is a quiet, white noise, ) for me I don't want radio communication, music , cell phone....I just want to ride. And obviously the wind, senses....you have to be on your game even at my fucking age......man oh man June is lookin like an eye opening month for me, and with a modified engine you have that wonderful pull and power sensation....
Bottom line this is a place for "riders"
LMT

I guess biker does conjure up the patch boys. But you can call me biker or rider. Ride as much alone as with others. I ride with a patch outfit sometimes so then wear leather vest for rallys etc. But mostly just wear what I want to wear. Agree totally with Coop and kev, if ride and enjoy thats what counts. And if unfortunate enough not to be able to anymore but miss it. Then yr still a biker / rider in my books.

AceT100

Rocker
I haven't ridden my Bonnie in a YEAR due to a very sick wife & then hurting myself at work & being unable to ride....

But, I am still a biker....

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
I haven't ridden my Bonnie in a YEAR due to a very sick wife & then hurting myself at work & being unable to ride....

But, I am still a biker....

Well no use in letting a bike sit and rot. Ill go ride for you if you want. :motorbike2:

We should install the lowbrow customs hard tail and make you a sweet bobber.

Otherwise,
That is possibly the best picture I've ever seen on this forum.
:c

That's drawing a long bow, but thanks.
There are many people who ride every day regardless of the weather, this was our work garage, most of our staff also rode their own bikes to and from work. We also had a Post Office ride club on weekends.

03-KWworkbikeshed4.jpg

wobblygong

Street Tracker
What's in a name?
Nothing really. Just a way human beings are able to identify each other.

Personally, I refer to members of OMCGs (Outlaw Motor Cycle Groups), the self-named 1% ers, as "Bikies".
All others, I refer to as "Bikers".
In a conversation, it's economy of speech. Everyone knows who you're talking about.
I am speaking as a former Australian cop who had considerable contact with "Bikies"... members of OMCGs such as the "Nomads", "Gypsy Jokers" and the "Gladiators". Most of these guys were decent guys who just loved their machines. Unfortunately, some of their members were involved in criminal activity and they tainted the rest.

I consider myself a "biker" who likes to ride either solo or with a small group. I/we don't wear patches but I don't begrudge those that wear an identifying motif on their T's or jacket. I'm a surfer as well and I think the surfing fraternity invented branded T's. Whatever floats your boat.

Oh, and Kevin. Dig the "tash" man. Very 70's. Sometimes described as a "womb-broom" I believe.

I wholeheartedly agree with LMT in his summation of the NBR group. For me, I have made friends through this forum who will be my friends for the rest of my days. Some I've met and some I have yet to meet but friends nevertheless.

Last edited:
I'm just a young guy who likes fast machines. Motorcycles are the fastest machines for the money. I also like that 19 year old scene chicks love my bike. Or, I used to, before I got married.

Am I a "biker"? Nah. But I also paint, and I'm not a "painter".

Know what I mean? I'm just a guy who likes and does shit.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I love riding my bike and have loved it for the past 36 years, since I have thrown my leg over one at six years old. When I'm riding I am loving everything. When I am not riding then I think about riding. I have my magazines so that I can look at bikes when I am taking a crap. When I am socked with several feet of snow and ice, then I will go out and clean something on my bike just to get my hands on her. I like bikes, I think about bikes, I like riding bikes...this makes me a biker. Like every thing else, I guess there are good and bad connotations that comes with that but it doesn't change the fact how biking is a part of me and started at such a young age. I was a biker on my first bike, to racing moto, to having having a crap road bike I wrenched on more than I rode it and to now, a great running and sounding Bonnie. Different classifications for names when at the end of the day you are referring to the same exact thing is crap. I'm a biker.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
I guess since I'm so far from being a Hell's Angels bearass chaps HD "biker" that I didn't even think of the different connotations of the terms "biker" and "rider". To me when I posted... I guess they both mean "motorcyclist".

"squid", on the other hand... :)

We also had a Post Office ride club on weekends
We still do Kev as well as postie bike races at Orange. As can see I ride every day to work and then get on the gem of a bike.

Attachments

• Image017.jpg
    Image017.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 0

monty

Street Tracker
Like you, Music, I ride on a daily basis. Nothing like a swift run to work to focus. Trouble is at the end of the day I find I can't ride directly home and meander. looking for interesting roads.
Oh! we have something in common as well.

Attachments

• Bonnie April10 002.jpg
    Bonnie April10 002.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 0
It is a great colour eh Monty. I have actually purchased the Jubilee kit, But cant see me ever fitting it. Probably better to keep anyway.

triumph-jubilee-kit-2002.jpg

I use to ride the same colour scarlet 69 model (not mine) and just had to have this one, tho was torn between centennial

I am actually what they call a relief postie, so I actually get paid kim's and excess travel as they send me all over the place. Know exactly what you mean re meandering lol

Last edited:
I love riding my bike and have loved it for the past 36 years, since I have thrown my leg over one at six years old. When I'm riding I am loving everything. When I am not riding then I think about riding. I have my magazines so that I can look at bikes when I am taking a crap. When I am socked with several feet of snow and ice, then I will go out and clean something on my bike just to get my hands on her. I like bikes, I think about bikes, I like riding bikes...this makes me a biker. Like every thing else, I guess there are good and bad connotations that comes with that but it doesn't change the fact how biking is a part of me and started at such a young age. I was a biker on my first bike, to racing moto, to having having a crap road bike I wrenched on more than I rode it and to now, a great running and sounding Bonnie. Different classifications for names when at the end of the day you are referring to the same exact thing is crap. I'm a biker.
ever in Sydney have a place mate and a bike! can relate to all

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
ever in Sydney have a place mate and a bike! can relate to all

Thanks bro, I really appreciate that. Be careful, if you give me too many excuses to venture out to your country and I will probably show up on your doorstep! :lol: Likewise, you ever find yourself up in northern Japan then makes sure to drop me a line and I will do likewise. I have ridden my Bonnie over a pretty good portion of the world and it still blows me away that at the end of it all, we all have more in common than we do difference and that doesn't matter where we call home. I haven't had the fortune of making it to Australia...YET, but hopefully that can materialize for me one day.

Well welcome anytime and that goes to all on this site. Dont think there is any I dont like including someone with more tech info than most that i call dick head (yer yr welcome to), japan may be on cards for me also one day. I was gonna meet Pikey in june but lost contact with him? I will be there on 20th, thailand that is, but not sure if Pikey and his shop is anymore. But thats Thailand for you.