Is Thunderbird a dirty word here??

Xchoppers

Two Stroke
I just reset all permissions in that folder so everyone should be able to see all photos of my Thunderbird.

Thanks,
Grant

strokerlmt

Now that's what I am talking about

The short's look great. Starting to make the bike look a little smaller....less imposing.

Nice pics....

LMT

Xchoppers

Two Stroke
Thanks guys
icon10.gif

Next I'm gonna change the bars and risers.

Photos to follow...

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
8-24-09aw.jpg

Amazing the difference with the short pipes. Very pleasing, especially how the pipe ends right where the rear shock ends. I think they make the swingarm look longer and the rear fender stands out more.

strokerlmt

Steelwheels.....that is the whole idea. For some of us it is taking a great solid bike and molding it to personal taste while possibly improving performance and look..........
To each his own.......and thank goodness we are all different
LMT

Xchoppers

Two Stroke
Custom cruisers are all about how you change them to make them your own.
I'm easily bored by stock bikes, :yawn: unless they are 30+ years old.
I enjoy and appreciate lots of custom bikes I would never own myself.
Clip on's are much too uncomfortable for me anymore but I rode tens of thousands of miles with them when I was younger.
I still think they look cool.
I never wanted ape hangers but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate them on the right bike.
If you like what you have done and you actually get on the thing and ride it then that's cool.
Some people can't appreciate anything unless it's their own personal bike and they can take credit for it.
That attitude is pretty insecure, in my opinion. :rolleyes:

By the way, I rode my T'Bird over 130 miles today and I'm lovin' it!
I've ridden it 600 miles in the last 2 weeks (and I don't commute).

Last edited:
After lookin at a tbird I figured it would prob be better to get a used America or speedmaster. throw in a 904 kit and then customize it how ya like. That'd be cheaper and more personalized than a tbird. Now I just gotta find a used bike.....

Plenty of GREAT deals out there on relatively new TBA/Speedmasters due to this economy (crying while selling). I bought my TBA'08 new last year, really wish I had waited - I could have spent 1/2 the money on a bike with 10k or less miles.

Last edited:

deluxe

moped
Custom cruisers are all about how you change them to make them your own.
I'm easily bored by stock bikes, :yawn: unless they are 30+ years old.
I enjoy and appreciate lots of custom bikes I would never own myself.
Clip on's are much too uncomfortable for me anymore but I rode tens of thousands of miles with them when I was younger.
I still think they look cool.
I never wanted ape hangers but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate them on the right bike.
If you like what you have done and you actually get on the thing and ride it then that's cool.
Some people can't appreciate anything unless it's their own personal bike and they can take credit for it.
That attitude is pretty insecure, in my opinion. :rolleyes:

By the way, I rode my T'Bird over 130 miles today and I'm lovin' it!
I've ridden it 600 miles in the last 2 weeks (and I don't commute).

I haven't seen the Thunderbird in person (looked at a Bonnie today at the dealership - they didn't have a Bird) and have to ask how you like the riding position.

It seems in photos the pegs are quite far forward. I would have to wonder if floorboards would be more comfortable. What would you think assuming you don't mind floorboards, or is the riding position more than comfortable?

Xchoppers

Two Stroke
I haven't seen the Thunderbird in person (looked at a Bonnie today at the dealership - they didn't have a Bird) and have to ask how you like the riding position.

It seems in photos the pegs are quite far forward. I would have to wonder if floorboards would be more comfortable. What would you think assuming you don't mind floorboards, or is the riding position more than comfortable?
I've ridden it a little over 800 miles now and find the footpeg position ideal for my 5' 11" frame. Small Kuryakyn Iso Boards like we offer would be a nice addition. I have them on my Rocket III and VTX 1800. Iso Boards allow moving your feet for a variety of positions which is nice on longer rides. I find myself resting my heels on the stock pegs and stretching out now. This bike to be one of the nicest handling and most comfortable of any I've owned. By the way, the stock seat is an all day rider
icon10.gif

strokerlmt

The drag bars look really good.....not sure about the risers. I find myself staring at that HUGE Vtwin ..............
Strokerlmt