Is Thunderbird a dirty word here??

Xchoppers

Two Stroke
The drag bars look really good.....not sure about the risers. I find myself staring at that HUGE Vtwin ..............
Strokerlmt

Vtwin?
icon5.gif

What Vtwin?
icon5.gif

Large air cooled engines will soon be extinct just like the dinosaurs they are...

Have just saved all the pics you have posted here and played as a slide show on my pc. Looks really good, and was fun to see the slight changes. should try it

pepper

Street Tracker
Large air cooled engines will soon be extinct just like the dinosaurs they are...[/QUOTE]

OMG, you're not gonna start kicking that dead horse are ya? You and all the rest of us will be extinct long before large air cooled engines will be.

Xchoppers

Two Stroke
You don't like large engines?
You don't like horsepower?

That's fine for you but don't think you are in the majority.
Anyone that has ridden a bike that makes lots of power (more than 100hp) knows they are a lot more fun than one with less.

Air cooled engines are clearly outdated for anything larger than a small engine like in the Bonneville.
That's why even harley went to liquid cooling for the Vrod.
The rest of their bikes are all pigs and the Vrod can't keep up with other big Jap cruisers. I know 'cause I've raced them with some of my bikes and blown them away! Harley intended to revamp their whole line to liquid cooled engines when they came out with the Vrod but they weren't ready for the lack of acceptance from their neanderthal customers that demand "classic styling" over modern technology. That's why I pass them by on the freeways every day! If they try to run their HD's at modern day speeds for any distance they overheat!

Plain and simple, the E.P.A. won't put up with engines that pollute the atmosphere and the only currently available technology that allows big power production while maintaining low emissions is using close tolerance, liquid cooled engines.

Dead horse?
Your thinking is the dead horse.
Get ready to be put out to pasture...

Iceseven

750cc
I have to say that while riding with friends on Harley's fast and at times breaking 100+mph through the southwest in the summer I have never saw Harley's overheat or overheat at modern day speeds like mentioned.

Xchoppers

Two Stroke
Radiator is huge.....there must be a way to cut it in two and wrap each section around the front frame bars.
LMT
The radiator is small and well conceiled compared to a Rocket III.
A Rocket III blows away a T'Bird though...

There is no replacement for displacement.
icon12.gif

KingOfFleece

Street Tracker
Manuf. are going to have to jump thru hoops to meet the Euro noise standards soon-one of the many reasond air cooled large motors are going away. It'll be sooner as opposed to later. Not next week-but we'll all be alive to see it.

Xchoppers

Two Stroke
I have to say that while riding with friends on Harley's fast and at times breaking 100+mph through the southwest in the summer I have never saw Harley's overheat or overheat at modern day speeds like mentioned.
That makes 1 of us.
Everywhere we ride we see broke down harleys on the side of the road.
At any of the runs we go to it's guaranteed we will see at least 2 or 3 over heated HDs waiting to get into events.
Normal cruise speeds on the freeways here run 80-90mph but you seldom see harleys running that fast...

strokerlmt

Grant....my comment was that a nice mod would be to open up the front end with radiators wrapped around the front spares.
don't really like the looks of the rocket.....just personal
LMT

Xchoppers

Two Stroke
I'd never give mine up!
Grab a handfull and hang on, what a rush!
The Presidents club I ride with know it can keep up with our Bonnevilles on twisty roads too!