I'll show you mine if you'll show me your's! PICTURE THREAD

here's a pic I snapped today. You've all heard the Blue Bonnet is the official state flower of Texas, well starting today my bike is the official Black Bonnie of Texas!

modsvsrockersmarch2009057.jpg

L Train

Scooter
Here's Mine

Man, I've been admiring everyone's bikes for so long, but my lazy arse hasn't gone out and taken any pics of my own. So here goes one of mine.

IMG_4838.jpg

Cheers!

Oxblood

750cc
I took these three while out on ride ride today. I made a quick stop by a buddy's shop and took advantage of a quick shoot with his mom's Caddy.

032909bikelandscape.jpg

032909bikelandscape2.jpg

032909bikelandscape3.jpg

--Oxblood

Last edited:

Nick Morey

Rocker
Always liked the look of those Avon Distanzias. How do the handle in turns and rain? Do they ride smooth? Have never seen a report on them. Only know the are a dual purpose tire.

Oxblood

750cc
Always liked the look of those Avon Distanzias. How do the handle in turns and rain? Do they ride smooth? Have never seen a report on them. Only know the are a dual purpose tire.

I like everything about them except I don't feel they stop very well. Never noticed any vibration although when I first got them they seemed to "fall" into turns for lack of a better description. Maybe because they were a little taller than stock tires? Now on the stopping issue I feel like I barely hit the brakes and they slide especially when wet.

--Oxblood

tchef

Scooter
kframe, awesome pic!! I am not a knee dragger,but I admire those with the talent do do so.:brit_tit:
Here is mine after the new pipes.
AUT_7807.jpg

Nick Morey

Rocker
Here is mine after the new pipes.
AUT_7807.jpg

tchef, I like what you did to the bottom front forks. Did you just remove powder coating and polish or put on a clearcoat or something? what kind of metal is under the powder coating steel or aluminum?

tchef

Scooter
tchef, I like what you did to the bottom front forks. Did you just remove powder coating and polish or put on a clearcoat or something? what kind of metal is under the powder coating steel or aluminum?
It's aluminum.I got some heavy duty stripper, sanded from 300 grit to 1500. I have an old 1hp grinder turned into a buffer.Started with tripoli rouge then finished with white rouge.You can do it w/o buffer too, get some blue magic or mothers. I didn't clear coat, not good. Just hit it with polish once in a while.It took about 4 hrs plus removal and reinstall:beer:

Nick Morey

Rocker
thanks for the info tchef. I see you have some of D9's work on there as well, just ordered the aluminum gauge cups. Have also ordered new front springs when they come in I may be putting some elbow grease on those front forks as well. :cheers:

tchef

Scooter
TChef,

Aussie flag mate....so ex pat are ya?

Cheers mate,

Bret.....:australia:
My mum is from Sydney she was a war bride.We relocated to Oz in 1955.Lived in a town called Lismore for a few years then back to the states.In the 50's living in Lismore was like the states in the early 1900's!No modern conveniences IE no TV no washing machine etc.Bob :australia

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Sorry for the double post, but...

.. I'm sorta proud of this pic. :) Howard County, Maryland, 4/25/09. Great ride!!

nice day for a ride.jpg