I'll show you mine if you'll show me your's! PICTURE THREAD

cafenoir900

VENDOR
Made it...

'06 Bonnie motor, chassis made from Reynolds 631, BST wheels, single side swinging arm... handles just wonderfully. Just added two new APT Smartcarbs, and I think I'm gonna' like 'em.

Attachments

• bm1.jpg
    bm1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 0
  • bm2.jpg
    bm2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 0
  • bm3.jpg
    bm3.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 0
  • bm4.jpg
    bm4.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 0

cafenoir900

VENDOR
APT Smartcarbs... made by American Performance Technologies are a single circuit carburetor that are used mainly on competition dirt bikes at this time. They are a little hard to get right now, because the company that makes them have too many orders, and have had some production delays. They are incredibly easy to set up and initial indications are that they keep the promise of better power, increased mileage, and decreased emissions. www.powerapt.com ... check it out.

Roger

Street Tracker
Very nice setup cafenoir. I would be interested in a set of those carbs. Might just look into that. Which tank is that and do you get interference with the clip-ons?

cafenoir900

VENDOR
Most of the bike including the tank was built in my basement. Since I had nearly complete control of the process, I built it to avoid tank and bar interference.

cafenoir900

VENDOR
I used the new 38mm cast body Smartcarbs. Very reasonable price of $375 each, considering the cost and complexity of, say, FCRs. Be prepared to wait, as the carbs are backlogged, and orders are being filled a bit slowly... be patient if you want 'em. they are worth it. Note that the installation is fairly straight forward for a stock Bonneville... they will fit, but may require some modification to the rubber manifold adapters. The major complication is in the cable setup. You will get rid of the push-pull throttle cables, and use only the pull side off the twist grip. You must get a cable splitter to run cables to the carbs. The TPS can be abandoned, or you can link a third cable to actuate the TPS (there's a little bit of work here). I'll post a photo of what I did. Since I am using a programmable CDI, I thought it would be worth having the TPS input to the box.

cafenoir900

VENDOR
Cable setup for Smartcarbs

This shows the cable splitter on the right (aluminum round thing), with the two throttle cables going to the carbs, and the center cable going to the TPS rig. On a stock Bonneville frame there is more room to work with than my frame.

Attachments

• thrt.jpg
    thrt.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 0

cafenoir900

VENDOR
Yeah that looks great man, nice job. What I find more intriguing than your choice of carbs, is the fact that you used a Reynolds 631 chassis :crazy::bug:
http://themanifold.me/2013/12/23/
Well done indeed.

I used to build custom bicycles, and preferred to use Reynolds 531 and 753. When I found that Reynolds were making a motorcycle specific tubing of 631, it was a natural choice for me. When it comes to high strength steels and drawn tubing, Reynolds know what they're up to. It is a superior product in all ways.

strokerlmt

'06 Bonnie motor, chassis made from Reynolds 631, BST wheels, single side swinging arm... handles just wonderfully. Just added two new APT Smartcarbs, and I think I'm gonna' like 'em.

Wow beautiful bike….great job……if I may and hopefully do not offend….in my opinion if you carried the white from the tank to under the seat to the back of the frame you will have some sweat continuity….seems like the eye stops suddenly/sharply at the black under the seat….
Best
LMT

Brylcreem

Scooter
Hi all loving all the great bike pics on here so decided I would share a few of mine,
here is my 2005 Bonneville 790 in Goodwood Green, had her 18 months and use her everyday .. almost.

Attachments

• user7568_pic1462_1395071971.jpg
    user7568_pic1462_1395071971.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 5
  • user7568_pic1463_1395071971.jpg
    user7568_pic1463_1395071971.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 5
  • user7568_pic1461_1395071971.jpg
    user7568_pic1461_1395071971.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

JimT100

Scooter
Just right....not overdone

Isle of Vashon. Seattle's Vintage Motorcycle Enthusiasts yearly event.

RudeBoyVashonCornerpurchased_zps498fccdd.jpg

Last edited: