I'll show you mine if you'll show me your's! PICTURE THREAD

RumRunner

Street Tracker
How did I do?....

Not half bad :beer: B+

Wrong 1. Lowered front end (I'm guess spring replacement) Actually the whole bike has been raised (for ground clearance) looks low with the headlight & gauges Lowered. But running F3 front Suspension
Correct 2. Speedo cups: Good old Thermos Cups
Correct 3. brake piss cup: BC
Correct 4. bars: Custom Clip Ons
Correct 5. grips: Gran Tourismo
Correct 6. mirrors: Napoleon (look a likes)
Correct 7. cruise control clip thingie: Go Cruise Cruise Control
Sort of 8. Headlight ears: Stock just powder Coated Wet Black
Correct 9. fork gators: Super Gaiters
Correct 10. front turn signals: Custom Powder Coated
Correct 11. fork brace: Super Brace
Correct 12. front brake disc: Wave Rotor
Wrong 13. cut front fender: Nope Stock fender just painted black (OE for 04 was Silver)
Correct 14. brake/clutch levers: Pazzo
Correct 15. ignition relocation: Home made Bracket
Correct 16. headers: TeK 2/1 Exhaust
Sort of 17. slip-on
Correct 18. frame sliders: LSL
Wrong 19. rectifier: Stock in the stock position
Correct 20. cam cover: Powder Coated Wet Black
Correct 21. alternator cover: Powder Coated Wet Black
Correct 22. sprocket cover: Custom : Powder Coated Wet Black
Correct 23. clutch cover: Powder Coated Wet Black
Correct 24. carbs: FCR
Correct 25. Airbox gutting: Removed
Correct 26. pegs: Some Fleabay thing for font, stock Powder Coated Rear
Correct 27. rear suspension: KYB's set up for my fat ass
Correct 28. chain: DID Gold
Correct 29. sprocket: SuperSprox
Correct 30. rear fender elimination: BC
Correct 31. rear light: BC Same as above
Correct 32. rear signals: Custom Powder Coated
Correct 33. seat: Corbin Smuggler
Correct 34. thumb screws for side panels: Can't remember where they came from
What? 35. clutch cable line: What is this?
Correct 36. upgraded brakes: Nissin 3-Piston Caliper, EBC Extreme Pads
Correct 37. steering dampener: Custom made
Correct 38. the cable guide thing with the rubber cover on the clutch cover (forget the "proper" name for that) :Clutch Cable Gaiter

OK off the top of my head:
- Tank Knee Pads
- Clocks 4 Bike Clock
- Home made front skid plate
- Removed the reflectors & other normal extras
- Horn located under battery box

Plus different size tires and engine stuff

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I didn't do too bad just going off two pictures! Did you paint the covers yourself or were they powder coated? I am wondering if you painted them, then did you have to use a certain due to the heat coming off of the two covers. I plan on doing the same thing to my covers this winter.

RumRunner

Street Tracker
I didn't do too bad just going off two pictures! Did you paint the covers yourself or were they powder coated? I am wondering if you painted them, then did you have to use a certain due to the heat coming off of the two covers. I plan on doing the same thing to my covers this winter.

Nope everything is Powder Coat for durability, and to get the look I wanted. I had painted some parts on my bike previously and they didn't hold up to wear and tear. My foot rubbed the paint off the heel guard, but in all fairness I may have to Powder Coat the frame over the winter since you can now see spots on frame where my boots have rubbed the coating off. I do have the advantage of having ThruxTonUp near by to do all of my Powder Coating :) I say go for the PC much nicer and tougher than paint. I purchased spare cases off fleabay and had John Powder Coat my stuff at his leisure so I had no down time.

Oh yea Black Powder Coated headlight bucket... I'm sure I'll think of my crap later :pick:

Just thought more... HID Headlight

Last edited:

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Nope everything is Powder Coat for durability, and to get the look I wanted. I had painted some parts on my bike previously and they didn't hold up to wear and tear. My foot rubbed the paint off the heel guard, but in all fairness I may have to Powder Coat the frame over the winter since you can now see spots on frame where my boots have rubbed the coating off. I do have the advantage of having ThruxTonUp near by to do all of my Powder Coating :) I say go for the PC much nicer and tougher than paint. I purchased spare cases off fleabay and had John Powder Coat my stuff at his leisure so I had no down time.

Oh yea Black Powder Coated headlight bucket... I'm sure I'll think of my crap later :pick:

Just thought more... HID Headlight

I was afraid that was the answer I was going to get from you. I don't know of a powder coater where I am at and was wanting to paint them myself but I don't want to do it if all I am going to get is cracked/chipped/spider webbed paint job. Shit!

JimmyR

Street Tracker
I just took some parts to a local powder coater here. I got some of the LSL alloy side cover "number plates" and I'm getting them coated a sort of silver metallic matt, as well as a shorty LSL front fender. I just made a little steel bracket for a new taillight too and both the bracket and the taillight casing are getting coated texture black. Eventually I will get the tank coated texture black - I absolutely love that stuff! It will match the engine.

Once that's all done I will post a pic or two.

RumRunner

Street Tracker
I was afraid that was the answer I was going to get from you. I don't know of a powder coater where I am at and was wanting to paint them myself but I don't want to do it if all I am going to get is cracked/chipped/spider webbed paint job. Shit!

I'm sure with proper prep painting would last better, but the PC just works so nice I don't think I'd ever go back. I'm sure there are some small powder coat shops are by you that you don't even know about. Google it.

monty

Street Tracker
Nice job Rum.

My Bonnie currently up on the bench. Some signs of ageing coming through now so a few jobs to do for me and my 9yr old lad to whom I have promised the Bonnie to when he is old enough.

May as well start looking after it now I feel.

Monty

slowgator

750cc
Nice job Rum.

My Bonnie currently up on the bench. Some signs of ageing coming through now so a few jobs to do for me and my 9yr old lad to whom I have promised the Bonnie to when he is old enough.

Monty

What a wonderful bonding experience for you and your son! Shades of "Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"! Good job Monty! He will be riding that Bonnie before you know it!:ride:

RumRunner

Street Tracker
Nice job Rum.

Monty

Monty,

Thanks she like me is a work in progress. As far as your deal goes, congrats... Make sure to take LOTS of pictures as you work on in bike with your boy, as those memories will last a lifetime.

Cheers,

RR

monty

Street Tracker
Thank you guys.

I don't see Tom as much as I would like and when we work on the bike it is just the two of us and we have such a laugh doing it. He really is my best friend and there is no one else I would have there instead.
The time flies by when we are together and as you say photos are all important.

I will keep you all posted when we start. If he is going to ride a bike he needs to know and understand how they work and what to do when they go wrong.

Monty

britman

Scooter
New Guy

I'm new to this forum so here is a shot of my Twin. A 2007 Scrammy which is a work in progress. Hopefully my Christmas "bling" list got filled so more mods should be on the way.......
shorties3.jpg

Here is the rest of herd. As you can tell I am a solo rider.....
Card2.jpg

Bongo111

Scooter
My 2005 T100 and a friend's 1979 T160 Trident, then my 1969 T100 Daytona.

Attachments

• SAM_0667.jpg
    SAM_0667.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1
  • SAM_0740.jpg
    SAM_0740.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_1148.jpg
    100_1148.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: