I'll show you mine if you'll show me your's! PICTURE THREAD

2Monkeys

Street Tracker
Nice one LMT! Looks to me like it could use some custom side covers, but it is truly one of the most unique Bonnie's out there. I gotta agree with Flaco the D9 dash is amazing.

Looking very good. It's a lot of green for my taste, but that black seat really makes it look more balanced than the brown/cream seat did.

What's the story on the gauges? Where'd you get them?

You know I like a 2-1 exhaust, and my exhaust is very similar to yours, but I bet 2-2 highpipes would really show off the lack of the lower frame rails, and visually gain you lots of ground clearance.

I just noticed that you have 2 steering dampers; the knob on the steering neck, and the hydraulic damper mounted to the fork. Why both of them? Just for looks?

badda_bing

Two Stroke
Newest better pics
d5c8686f.jpg

6335c8c3.jpg

4b26cf2e.jpg

I try and only take pics of the right side. That single sided swing arm is just plain sexy!

strokerlmt

idea
Looking very good. It's a lot of green for my taste, but that black seat really makes it look more balanced than the brown/cream seat did.

What's the story on the gauges? Where'd you get them?

You know I like a 2-1 exhaust, and my exhaust is very similar to yours, but I bet 2-2 highpipes would really show off the lack of the lower frame rails, and visually gain you lots of ground clearance.

You and Seth are 100% correct. Way to much green and I am playing with some copper ideas but open to suggestions about accent color and what pieces.
The gauge innards are stock. I have an email that shows how to take the stock gauges apart. You have to gently pry the chrome ring off. Then I took the stock face off, on the speedo figured out where 25/35/55/65 and 100 mph were and I put a white dot on the face for each. On the tach, I can tell now where and what rpm is by sound so I just put a red dot where the 9000 mark is. screwed on the new face plates and put the gauges back together. They work great and look very retro and no ratio shit to figure out.
I really like your 2 to 2 high idea, that would slim the bike down a lottttt.
I got the Ace damper for the RAF bike and liked it so much I put it on my bike. Now I am playing with both to see which works best. I think the Ace will replace the external damper because it is so much clearner...
Later
LMT

Last edited:

koifarm

Hooligan
It's one of those pictures that just simply "Clicks" with you, just something undefinable that makes it rock, beautiful pic to whoever made it.

Dave

Street Tracker
Thanks everyone! That was one of those pics that I didn't really appreciate until I downloaded it from the camera. I took more pics from other angles that day, but that one gets all the comments from people for artistic quality.

Savantjk

Street Tracker
Finally painted the seat pan. Will go to the painters with tank whenever I get some $$. Need to work something out with the gaiters.
moto_0896.jpg

Savantjk

Street Tracker
Thanks guys!

Jer...grt looking bike.....just a thought ....what is going on with the gaiters?
LMT
Fork brace is for the f3 front end so it isn't made for gaiters..so it's pushing them up not allowing them to settle and they get that unevenly bunched look. Need to figure something out to shorten them or see how it looks without them. But that would be the only chrome part on my bike.. everything is black or has that aluminum look.