I'll show you mine if you'll show me your's! PICTURE THREAD

Bob80220

Scooter
Re: After A Year Of Searching....

I had been on the search for a nice unrestored, unmolested, classic Bonneville since early last year. Looked at many and passed on all until yesterday...here are some pictures of my 1968 Bonneville T120R.

Bob

1968BonnevilleT120R001.jpg

1968BonnevilleT120R005.jpg

1968BonnevilleT120R006.jpg

1968BonnevilleT120R007.jpg

1968BonnevilleT120R008.jpg

msc66

Two Stroke
I had been on the search for a nice unrestored, unmolested, classic Bonneville since early last year. Looked at many and passed on all until yesterday...here are some pictures of my 1968 Bonneville T120R.

Bob

Wow, I would love to have that. It would be perfect next to my scarlet and silver '01.

mark66

TT Racer
Looks like it just left the show room. That's one beautiful bike. Now here's the address to ship it to.......

Bob80220

Scooter
wow.....sweat looking 68....very nice find......
LMT
If I may ask how much ????

I had looked at this bike last summer and the seller was asking $8,500.00...I continued my search, looked at and passed on a number of classic Bonnevilles this past year. I discovered on Wednesday I still had the sellers number so I gave him a call to see if by chance he still had it...he did. He said he was going to relist in for $8,000.00. I asked if he would hold off until I could come see it again Friday morning and he agreed...I went there with a pickup truck and cash in hand...offered $6,000.00 and bought it for $6,500.00. I feel I acquired this Bonneville for a fair price..seller and buyer were happy and still talking after she was loaded onto the pickup.

Bob

koifarm

Hooligan
I had looked at this bike last summer and the seller was asking $8,500.00...I continued my search, looked at and passed on a number of classic Bonnevilles this past year. I discovered on Wednesday I still had the sellers number so I gave him a call to see if by chance he still had it...he did. He said he was going to relist in for $8,000.00. I asked if he would hold off until I could come see it again Friday morning and he agreed...I went there with a pickup truck and cash in hand...offered $6,000.00 and bought it for $6,500.00. I feel I acquired this Bonneville for a fair price..seller and buyer were happy and still talking after she was loaded onto the pickup.

Bob

A very good buy for you. Quite often if the seller senses you are a classic bike lover and he feels like you're going to take care of his baby in a manner which he finds acceptable, he will bend a bit for you.
I'd guarantee if some young pup or anyone who showed up and acted like an irresponsible reckless buyer the price would be a lot more or maybe even a declined sale.
You did well....congrats it's a gorgeous bike and well preserved.
koi

Bob80220

Scooter
I agree 100% with what you are saying Koi...I presented myself as who and what I am. A lover of the classics and not someone who was trying to steal a bike and resell it on Ebay, etc. I brought my Brit friend, who has a shop here, and all he works on are vintage Brit bikes. That helped as well as he knows these bikes inside and out. As I said, seller and buyer parted company happy and no remorse on either side of the transaction...

Bob

pepper

Street Tracker

Bob

Brotha, that's one sweet machine you got there.

strokerlmt

I agree 100% with what you are saying Koi...I presented myself as who and what I am. A lover of the classics and not someone who was trying to steal a bike and resell it on Ebay, etc. I brought my Brit friend, who has a shop here, and all he works on are vintage Brit bikes. That helped as well as he knows these bikes inside and out. As I said, seller and buyer parted company happy and no remorse on either side of the transaction...

Bob

Bob....."press on".....that is a very nice bike and purchase and IMHO worth every cent you paid. I with you and Koi. It is not always about the bottom line. If I had the $$$ I would be asking your mate if he had another one is as great shape. Enjoy the piss out of a fine ride. If its what you want and makes you warm and fuzzy "its a deal".
LMT