"Fixing" the 2009 Bonneville T100 50th Anniversary model

drlapo

Hooligan
let's hope the anniversary Bonnie holds its value better than the Centenial T100 and all those 100 year anniversary Harleys

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
let's hope the anniversary Bonnie holds its value better than the Centenial T100 and all those 100 year anniversary Harleys

Not so fast.. I paid $7700 for my '02 CE bike in April '02. I sold it 3 years later for just a tad bit less (to a friend). I bought another ('03) CE T100 in '06, and sold it two weeks ago for a tidy sum. I've seen '02 CE T100s go for $8500 on ebay. I've also seen 'em go for a lot less.

Triumph didn't produce 306,000 100th anniversay bikes like the lads in Milwaukee did.. so I'd say our purchases will likely hold their value.

drlapo

Hooligan
agreed, HD flooded the market with their annivesary stuff
but the again I can get more for my 85 BMW now than I paid for it in 85
and my 79 T140 is worth 3 x what I paid for it new

Xchoppers

Two Stroke
Have you seen the framed/matted '59 and '09 Bonnie print from Triumph? It's signed and numbered by John Bloor. My dealer picked up two - I bought one at a slight discount (which was a good thing because they ain't cheap).

I figure having as much limited edition swag to go along with the bike can only make it that much more valuable somewhere down the road.

Mind if I ask what your dealer let yours go for?
I forget how much my dealer quoted me but, as I recall, it was out of line...

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
Mind if I ask what your dealer let yours go for?
I forget how much my dealer quoted me but, as I recall, it was out of line...

I'd prefer not to say, but I will say it was at a substantial savings - enough so that I went ahead and bought it. MSRP from Triumph is $399.95 - which is way high, but not all that high when you consider that it comes framed and matted (a good quality frame/matt can easily set you back $200-250).

It's a quality piece.

hbj74

Scooter
I have #133. I also considered putting my Bonnie away for investment but, as you have, I've reconsidered. I have 4 other late model street bikes but the urge to ride the Bonneville was just too strong. I made some ramps so I can ride it in and out my front door though so I can keep the bike in our media room. Keeping it inside gives me the incentive to keep it in pristine condition. I've owned it since Sept. and have only ridden it 600 (very fun) miles. In comparison, I bought my Rocket III this last April and have ridden it 6,000 miles. In the same time I've ridden my other bikes about 3,000 miles.
I'm very fortunate to have a wife that appreciates our bikes and loves riding on the back. We've been married 40 years and she's been riding with me 43 years.

Day-3---b.jpg

I've made additional, simple to undo changes since this photo was taken:

12-20-08-a.jpg

I must say, seeing some of the mods you're made to your Bonnie has inspired me to copy a few of them.
I installed a Monza filler cap today.
A 150 rear tire, tank badges and removing reflectors is next.

Mods so far:

Corbin seat
Progressive 418 shocks
chrome chain guard
1.25" Gen-Mar risers
Norman Hyde Togas
Richer fuel map uploaded
Kuryakyn blue dot tri bar headlamp
Monza fuel filler

Not all of my mods. have been made to make it appear more vintage. I also wanted to make it more comfortable and fun to ride.
I'm 60 and this bike makes me feel like a kid again. :D

Love the look of the corbin seat, did you come up with that yourself or where can we get them from, I'd love to have one:worthy:
Cheers Haydn

Hollywood

Scooter
Don't original 59 Bonnies sell in the same $$ range as the new anniversary bikes? I'm curious as to why someone who already has a modern bonnie chose the Anniversary 59 bike over an actual 59 Bonnie? Other than EFI, and paint is it any different than the 01-08 bikes? Just curious.

Ride those suckers!!!

Triumph-Bonnie-T120-1959.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Xchoppers

Two Stroke
Don't original 59 Bonnies sell in the same $$ range as the new anniversary bikes? I'm curious as to why someone who already has a modern bonnie chose the Anniversary 59 bike over an actual 59 Bonnie? Other than EFI, and paint is it any different than the 01-08 bikes? Just curious.

Ride those suckers!!!

1959 was the first year of production for the Bonneville and good quality originals are quite rare.
A properly restored 1959 Bonneville will cost in the neighborhood of $25,000 to $35,000.
I've looked into it.
I'm in the process of purchasing a matching numbers '67 Bonnie right now which I will restore.

Xchoppers

Two Stroke
Love the look of the corbin seat, did you come up with that yourself or where can we get them from, I'd love to have one:worthy:
Cheers Haydn

Thanks.
It was my idea.
I rode down to Corbin in Hollister, Ca. and had it made.
It's VERY comfortable which I can't say for the original seat.

MOSES

750cc
[/QUOTE]

I'd give a nut for that one ! :p Hell... I'll give em both.

Well throw in a vintage side car, Great Escape style.

Very nice bikes :brit_tit:

Xchoppers

Two Stroke
Here's an updated photo of my "shire" I took today with the new signed, limited edition art work Triumph put out.

2-1-2009b.jpg

D9

Vendor
X... that's a damn cool place to park the bike! Talk about a place of honor...

Well done! :headbang2:

Xchoppers

Two Stroke
Probably means it's not the worst thing he's ever brought home. :D

laughing-smiley1.gif
Yeah, that's probably true but the truth also is, she loves looking at it almost as much as I do. It helps to have a wife that thourally appreciates hot rods and motorcycles. She started riding with me on the back of my 305cc Honda Superhawk back in high school. That was 1964. She loved riding then and still loves it now, 45 years later... One thing that helps is I've never crashed with her ;)

uk59

Scooter
Here is a FIX FOR GAS TANKS WITHOUT THE SCREW BOSS for the CLASSIC metal badges. I carried the badge to a shop specializing in auto and truck conversions where they suggested spray on adhesive for the rubber gasket and to apply two sided auto accessory tape to the rubber gasket while the adhesive is still moist. Let it dry for at least 24 hours and then apply silicone [not so thick that it ozzes out between the badge and gasket] to the back side of the badge and press into the gasket. Move the badge/ gasket around on a clean gas tank to find a position on the contour with maximum surface coverage. Take a soft lead pencil and trace the badge/ gasket so you will know the exact position to mount after removing the cover strip on the two sided auto tape. Push the badge onto the gas tank where you traced it's image. Take a portable hair dryer and heat the badge evenly to soften the adhesive on the two sided tape and get a good bond to the tank. Press hard and let it set up. I have had mine on four months now and they are still tight.

Attachments

• LS_NEWHEAD_TOGA1.jpg
    LS_NEWHEAD_TOGA1.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 0

azgsa

Scooter
Great looking Bonnie. It's served as inspiration for doing the retro thing to my 06 creamsicle. Was going to install the obligatory Lucas tail, but now going with the replica early type you used, and decided to dive in to Mr. Retro and do a slicer up front. Just not sure what to do with the turn signals. Looking at the early Bonnies I see they didn't have them then, thinking about keeping them off all together and just using hand signals when appropriate. May do some small ones like yours, I'll see when the tail comes in and I remove all the signals and ride it around for a while like that.

Thanks!

em_dot

Street Tracker
Both are beautiful bikes!

You mentioned Mecatwin earlier (regarding you indicators). Would you school a Brother on how to get those guys to respond to email or more importantly how you ordered from them. I'd love one of there rear fenders, but they don't answer my emails.

The rear fender I'm talking about is in this pic.
BonnevilleTTR.jpg

koifarm

Hooligan
scoped

They actually market endoscopes for automotive use but I'm not going to buy one for the few times I would use it.
As I recall, they're around $400.00.
Not really as much as I would have thought...

Check Harbor Freight, I think they have one for a tad over $200 in there.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=91565
$199

Oh, Ned,
+10 on everything everyone said....it's beauty, interesting about the paint line....they should pay more attention to detail