"Fixing" the 2009 Bonneville T100 50th Anniversary model

Neducati

Two Stroke
No, it's not broken, but it still needs to be fixed. Love the colors and the whole tribute to the '59 Bonneville, but it needs some attention to details. Here is what I've done so far: changed the tank badges, the shocks, the tail light, the indicators and stuck on fake center tank trim.

I'll be putting on Western bars and Beston GT grips (both of which came out after '59, but they will still look better than what's on the stock bike). Next will be powder coating the headlight bucket (but not the front ring) black to give it more of the '59 nacelle look, and maybe powder coat the front fender stays black too.

I want to put on Togas or something like that, but so far no one makes slip-ons that fit the new larger diameter headers.

077.jpg

074.jpg

072.jpg

075.jpg

sprocket42

Scooter
Good stuff

Excellent work there Mr Neducati, going/gone the same sort of way back to the 60's with my scrambler. :wave:

KingBear

Hooligan
Ned, don't look now but your reflectors fell off? You better go and find them on the road so you can put them back on! :eek:

Looks great!! :ride:

L Train

Scooter
Very nice. I love where you're taking it. What indicators are those? I'm looking for something similar for my black.

Cheers!

Neducati

Two Stroke
Thanks for the kind words, mates!

The indicators are the "Tracker" indicators from Mecatwin in France. I like their design and they have sturdy aluminum bodies, rather than plastic (like those supplied by Triumph). They come in either a brushed and clear coated or a black powedercoated finish. For the front ones, I disassembled the stock indicators, pulled off the two wires, and removed the wires from the Mecatwin indicators, so I could use the stock wiring and not have to get inside the headlight wiring (which is a rat's nest if you've ever been in there).

http://www.mecatwin.com/en/accessoires/triumph/bonneville/electricite.htm

I put the brushed ones on my Project '61 Bonnevile, and decided to try the black powder-coated ones on the Faux '59.

079.jpg

Neducati

Two Stroke
Ned, don't look now but your reflectors fell off? You better go and find them on the road so you can put them back on! :eek:

Looks great!! :ride:

I have a device that automatically rips them off of every bike that comes near my garage. But I save them so when I am thawed out and my reanimation is com . . plete, years from now and some museum wants to buy my bike for one hundred billion dollars and "restore" it to original condition, I'll have those lovely reflectors to give them.

That is a beauty! Did it come with a factory tach?

Yes Jimi, the 50th Anniversary model is a special version of the T100, so it has everything that comes standard on a T100, including the tach.

D9

Vendor
Gorgeous bikes Ned, great work on both of 'em... fantastic pics too,
especially the two together...