Eeek Guns!

Bob80220

Scooter
Here is my latest acquisition to keep me warm and fuzzy when I'm out on the road this year...

SpringfieldArmoryMicro-Compact45cal005.jpg

koifarm

Hooligan
Here is my latest acquisition to keep me warm and fuzzy when I'm out on the road this year...

SpringfieldArmoryMicro-Compact45cal005.jpg

Dad gum Bob, that's a sweet lil thang....I like the full length grips, my Millenium pro .45 is a little short in the handle. Always did like the 1911's and have shot them for years, had a nice match grade for those meets and did well with it.
Ever hear what they tell em in the military? If someone's shooting at you with a stock 1911, just stand still, they will never hit ya....I can verify that is a true statement....

Texas94fs

Hooligan
I've shot one of those micros. VERY nice little guns but very snappy for me. It also seems that a shorter handle does a lot more for concealment rather than just a shortened barrel

Oxblood

750cc
Got a few goodies for the SKS and spent and a whole bunch of hours hand rubbing the stock with oil. Haven't decided if I'm gonna finish up with some beeswax yet, more of an experiment to see how it would come out.

AS%20%281%20of%201%29-3.JPG

koifarm

Hooligan
Got a few goodies for the SKS and spent and a whole bunch of hours hand rubbing the stock with oil. Haven't decided if I'm gonna finish up with some beeswax yet, more of an experiment to see how it would come out.

AS%20%281%20of%201%29-3.JPG

Have to admit those SKS's are pretty handy. If you can get a nice bananna clip for em they will do just fine. Mine shoots well, never has jammed and just keeps chugging away...one hint, watch closely what ammo you run through it, some of that soviet stuff and a few other European ammos have a caustic gunpowder and will damage the barrel if not cleaned after use.
Nice job on the weapon though, looks great! You can find nice hollow point ammo here and there, maybe on Dixie Gun Works I seem to remember.

simpson

TT Racer
I have a WWII 1911 .45

Apparently it is a Colt mfg gun. It is in good shape and the barrel is good.

Can you guys give me a ballpark on what it is worth?

I don't know anything about guns.

-simpson

Clarke

Scooter
Simpson, prices are all over the map depending on % of finish, serial number, was it an army, navy, marine issue, and on and on. Also if there was any documentation, or a confirmed story with the pistol, etc. There were 1,643,000 plus made just by Colt alone refered to as WW2 Military variation (I think). I recommend "Blue Book of Gun Values" by S P Fjestad. It can point you in the right direction, and it is a nice book to have anyway. The book is a big help for serial number searches for year made.

Bob80220

Scooter
My Twins...

Got an itch the other day at the range so I paired up my Springfield micro 45 with an EMP 9 mm....

SpringfieldArmory003.jpg

Bob80220

Scooter
Now there's a thought Gretsch...hahaha Been having fun at the range running ammo thru them breaking them in. A few glitches in the beginning, to be expected, with different rounds of personal defense ammo. Feeds ball with no problem... They seem to like the Hornady Critical Defense just fine. Cleaned them up yesterday and off to the range tomorrow and Friday....

Bob

dscott3509

Two Stroke
Finally decided to quit talking about it and signed up for the local handgun safety class. I asked what they recommended for me to use for the class, since I've never fired anything, and they signed me up for a Glock 17, a 9 mm (maybe that's redundant, but I don't know anything, gotta start somewhere). Class is in a couple of weeks, we will shoot about 200 rounds, and they say it will suffice for concealed license, but they recommend taking the concealed-specific class. This class is about 9 hours and focuses on safety and technique.

I took the TX concealed handgun class a few weeks ago, also with a Glock 17. It was very informative. 9 hours is a long time, but my class ran 13 hours.

Bob80220

Scooter
You will enjoy shooting the 9 mm...they are fun to shoot no doubt. Taking the additional class after you meet the requirements for your CCW is a very good idea for sure. Then find a good, safe, shooting range and practice...practice...practice.

Bob

dscott3509

Two Stroke
I have the public safety range just a couple miles from my house, and I can go there. That's where the class is. I want to start with basic safety first, see if (well, how much) I enjoy it.