Eeek Guns!

Bob80220

Scooter
Select your weapon of choice for personal defense and continue to get instruction on technique...and practice...practice...practice. I am at the range 2 days a week. I want the confidence to know that I will have the proper skills to take what action is necessary if it should present itself. I don't doubt I will have the courage to use my weapon...I want to be confident a double tap will serve it's intended purpose...just sayin.

Bob

Bob80220

Scooter
Here are a few of many rules for a gunfight you might want to consider...

1. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.

2. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.

3. Have a back up plan, because the first one won't work.

4. The faster you finish the fight, the less you will get shot.

5. Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

6. You can't miss fast enough to win.

7. Do not attend a gun fight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with anything smaller than a "4."

JEnfield

Street Tracker
I carry a custom built 1911 commander model (worked). I have been tricking out 1911s since 1990 and just dont see any reason to shoot anything else.

Gretsch

Rocker
Here are a few of many rules for a gunfight you might want to consider...

1. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.

2. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.

3. Have a back up plan, because the first one won't work.

4. The faster you finish the fight, the less you will get shot.

5. Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

6. You can't miss fast enough to win.

7. Do not attend a gun fight with a handgun. If there's between a 0 and 1% chance you'll be in a gun fight have a pistol. If there is grater than a 1% chance, bring a rifle.

8. Any firearm you have in a gunfight will not be "enough gun".

9. The "right gun" is the one you have with you and that you shoot well.

My spin on it... :)

Last edited:

Oxblood

750cc
Oh noes! Zombie thread!

Good thing i just finished my "Zombie Hunter" AR 15 build.

1268475_10151680049587012_107238939_o.jpg

Demar

Two Stroke
Vepr 12

Going to shoot it for the first time this Saturday. :D My first evil black rifle!

VEPR12FSD_1.jpg

Last edited:

Oxblood

750cc
Going to shoot it for the first time this Saturday. :D My first evil black rifle!

VEPR12FSD_1.jpg

That's sweet! I'm going to take mine out Sunday. Finally got the barrel in last night. Pinned and welded the flash hider, now I'm ready to roll

drlapo

Hooligan
we are too stupid here in the peoples republic of connecticut to own unappealing guns
Ct the constipation state: our politicians are full of shit

KingBear

Hooligan
Motorcycles and guns - today we saw an unfortunate example of too much of the first and not enough of the second. These motherfuckers deserved to get run over, and shot, and jailed, and ass fucked by lifers.

range-rover-runs-over-bikers-1.jpg

range-rover-runs-over-bikers-2.jpg

Welcome to New York. Please check your right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness at the city limits. The only thing which is allowed to be pursued is you!

Demar

Two Stroke
These motherfuckers deserved to get run over, and shot, and jailed, and ass fucked by lifers.

The guy, Cruz, who purposely slowed down in front of the car caused the whole thing. Maybe the guy in the car flipped him off but Cruz's actions caused the whole episode. I don't blame the guy in the car at all for what he did. Those bikers were zooming in and out on both sides of him. Cruz should not have been where he was. I don't blame the driver for getting out of there when they were slashing his tires.

LOTS of stupid on display by too many riders.

strokerlmt

I don't ride with big groups, my reasons, to much going on around me. The guy that slowed down is an asshole and gives normal riders a bad rap. It must have been horrible for the wife and the baby having all these revving around your car. I can see the driver wanting to get away. The bike group created this issue in my opinion, the reaction to pull the driver from his car through his broken in window then to cut his face up with a knife is simply unfathomably.
LMT

Oxblood

750cc
Project Time!

Back before the new 10 round mag law in Colorado I bough some mags for my "Project Ridiculous" SKS. Unfortunately all I could find at the time was FDE. After some research I found bicycle guys are having good luck with fabric dye.

So three done, 1 to go:

1382240_10151693175492012_1229219717_n.jpg

Following directions on the dye:

1374230_10151693175562012_407003813_n.jpg

Getting set up:

1374107_10151693175527012_602603302_n.jpg

Pre Dye:

1382930_10151693175657012_207805249_n.jpg

Post dye:

1384057_10151693175697012_694641209_n.jpg

One big happy family:

1383837_10151693175717012_1090416374_n.jpg

Now I didn't bring the dye to a full boil because I didn't know what the temps would do the polymer. I'll keep you updated on durability of the finish and the post treated mags. I also wouldn't do this on a weapon I planned on using for defense, but for all it's worth the mags are now a perfect match.