Eeek Guns!

Oxblood

750cc
167702_500648177011_500297011_6433171_2434051_n.jpg

In Soviet Russia you don't shoot SKS, SKS shoots you!
Picked up a 1950 Tula, Russia SKS today, can't wait to take it out and run a few rounds through!

Last edited:

Gretsch

Rocker
167702_500648177011_500297011_6433171_2434051_n.jpg

In Soviet Russian you don't shoot SKS, SKS shoots you!
Picked up a 1950 Tula, Russia SKS today, can't wait to take it out and run a few rounds through!

NICE! I'd love to get my hands on a genuine Russian AK. They'll cost you an arm and a leg these days though.

Shorty

Two Stroke
If you want an original AK and don't mind spending a couple of hours doing some minor (legal) modifications check on a SAIGA 7.62. They are manufactured at the Izhmash factory where all the Russian AK's are manufactured for the Military. They're about $300 and are made of original AK parts and not reject (or demilitarized) parts like some of the other AK clones that are available. Check out their website.
http://www.izhmash.ru
They come sporterized for American import but for about an extra $150 they can be turned into the AK-103 which they are designed as since it shares the same platform and contains about 75% of the parts. Here's some before and after pics. As it is now, it is legal and 922r compliant, meaning that it has the required American made parts (stock,SAW pistol grip, trigger control group,hammer,etc.) to bring the total Russian count down from 16 to 10. This legally allows me to use 30 and 20 round Eastern Bloc magazines and I'm not limited to the 10 round mag it came with. Including the original purchase cost and tax, and not including the extra mags and scope I paid less than $500.
They are also availabe in .223, .308, 12 gauge semi auto shotgun, .410 and a couple other configurations.

Last edited:

Gretsch

Rocker
I put 200 rounds through the Glock 17 today. I'm taking the TX concealed handgun class tomorrow.

NICE PIECE! Love my G17. I could never CC that large of a weapon. I have enough problems not printing with a G19 and should probably carry a G26.

Last edited:
I just got out of the CHL class. It was informative and definitely worth taking. I aced the shooting part, but it was really easy. The only thing that sucked was the class is a state-mandated 10 hour minimum and my class ran almost 13 hours. It was a long, long, long day but overall I'm very glad to have taken it.

The instructor did a good job of keeping it entertaining and engaging the class, which made the long day very tolerable.

Interesting point I took away from the class:

We were asked what we had outside of our house (like in our yard or driveway) that was worth over $100,000 but not insured. I of course don't own anything worth that much, and anything like my car/truck/etc is insured. When asked why the $100,000 amount, the instructor said that's about the minimum of what we should expect to pay in legal fees if we shoot/injure/kill someone outside our house at night (even if the shooting is justified).

Today I received the 18.5" barrel I ordered for my Mossberg 835. I'm pretty stoked because up until 2 weeks ago I didn't know Mossberg offered a short tactical barrel for the 835. It cost $100 plus shipping which I thought was a very fair price. It'll shoot up to 3.5" shells and is cylinder bore which means that unlike the overbored factory barrel, I can shoot slugs with this new one.

KingBear

Hooligan
I recommend two books, both by Massad Ayoob - "The Truth About Self Protection" and "In the Gravest Extreme." It's been many years since I read them and some of the information may be somewhat outdated, but the general principles and philosophies are very sound. The first is about the overall principles of personal defense, from securing your home to dogs to use of force up to and including the use of firearms. The second, as the titles says, is devoted to the use of lethal force. They are thought-provoking and sobering books.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
My friend just sold all his guns and got just one. A Judge. Now we have even more in common. I like mine just fine. Great gun for a myopic who's a poor shot.

Attachments

• judge with rounds.JPG
    judge with rounds.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
After reading several reviews and shooting tests with the Judge I decided I didn't want one. It is a neat concept but I think that both the .410 and the .45LC ammo are limiting factors. As far as revolvers go, I'd rather have a S&W .357 than a Judge. That big ass cylinder is cool looking though. A friend of mine got one of the very first ones and eventually sold it.

drlapo

Hooligan
Today I received the 18.5" barrel I ordered for my Mossberg 835. I'm pretty stoked because up until 2 weeks ago I didn't know Mossberg offered a short tactical barrel for the 835. It cost $100 plus shipping which I thought was a very fair price. It'll shoot up to 3.5" shells and is cylinder bore which means that unlike the overbored factory barrel, I can shoot slugs with this new one.

a 12 pound tactical shotgun?? you can just use it as a club

Hedge

American Infidel
I recommend two books, both by Massad Ayoob - "The Truth About Self Protection" and "In the Gravest Extreme." It's been many years since I read them and some of the information may be somewhat outdated, but the general principles and philosophies are very sound. The first is about the overall principles of personal defense, from securing your home to dogs to use of force up to and including the use of firearms. The second, as the titles says, is devoted to the use of lethal force. They are thought-provoking and sobering books.

Quite arguably one of the leading authorities on self defense!