Eeek Guns!

geolpilot

Street Tracker
I like the Remington Golden Sabre rounds in .380. They are hollowpoint with a brass jacket and rounded, much like a FMJ round, so they feed well.

Clarke

Scooter
Sweatmachine, That is so cool that you will have you your Grandfathers revolver! Something like that is priceless IMO.

KingBear

Hooligan
I think the Glock and the XD are both shitty, but the Glock is probably the less shitty of the two. Not by much, but just slightly. I would never want to own either of them.

As small pistols go, the Seecamp Geolpilot refers to is the absolute king of the pocket pistols. They make a .380 the same size as their original .32 cal. I've been to their little shop and it's amazing the pride they take in the detail and quality of their guns, discarding anything that isn't just right, everything hand fitted.

And yeah, I'm a gun snob.

Sweatmachine, That is so cool that you will have you your Grandfathers revolver! Something like that is priceless IMO.

yeah it's pretty damn cool. I have his truck too :)

He had many, many guns. He was big into S&W revolvers and probably had 20+. My dad and uncle have all his guns now. One day they'll be mine. They aren't going anywhere. He carried a .38 in his boot until he died. He was a very special guy.

Hey great news! I met my dad for lunch today and he gave me a Glock 17 (full size 9mm)! Also gave me 2x 17 round magazines. Thanks Dad!

He had bought the gun a few years back, fired about 75 rounds through it, then stuck it in the safe. I just ordered 500 rounds of 9mm and I'm looking forward to taking this baby to the range.

geolpilot

Street Tracker
I put thousands of rounds through a Glock 19. Be careful though, the safety on the trigger is no safety at all.

Gretsch

Rocker
I put thousands of rounds through a Glock 19. Be careful though, the safety on the trigger is no safety at all.

Here's the safety:

Gun safety rule #3 Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target [and you are ready to shoot].

In a stress situation I don't want to have to worry about f&#king around with anything but pulling the trigger.

ivar

TT Racer
Here's the safety:

Gun safety rule #3 Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target [and you are ready to shoot].

In a stress situation I don't want to have to worry about f&#king around with anything but pulling the trigger.

+1..

Clarke

Scooter
Sweat,
If you want any of the 31 round magazines, get one soon. They are going up in price since the Arizona shooting. I just bought one the day after the shooting at OMB supply, 45.00 w/shipping. The one I purchased a few months back was only @ 30.00.

Gretsch

Rocker
Sweat,
If you want any of the 31 round magazines, get one soon. They are going up in price since the Arizona shooting. I just bought one the day after the shooting at OMB supply, 45.00 w/shipping. The one I purchased a few months back was only @ 30.00.

Thanks for the heads up on that! Just placed an order for a bunch of them from OMB based on this update.

drlapo

Hooligan
I just ordered a new shotgun for my birthday: SKB 85TTR unsingle trap combo with hi grade wood. 34" single, 32" double
I just had my 20 year old Perazzi reconditioned so its good for another 20 years but what the hell everyone needs a back up competition gun
I going to cash in a CD earning .4% interest to pay for it, the gun will depreciate less than the $

btw, a good friend of mine runs a gun parts and tactical gear website. Hope it's ok to link it here:

www.jabtac.com

He and his brother, both longtime friends of mine, run it from a small warehouse here in Austin. They are the only 2 employees. They have great service and fast shipping.

Bonafide

NBR founder
Someone's been drinking the kool-aide while preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse. :screwy:

And while you're out buying wooden pallets of 9mm Jeff, dont forget The Rules ...

1. Cardio
2. The Double Tap
3. Beware of Bathrooms
4. Wear Seat Belts
5. No Attachments
6. The “Skillet”
7. Travel Light
8. Get a Kick Ass Partner
9. With your Bare Hands
10. Don’t Swing Low
11. Use Your Foot
12. Bounty Paper Towels
13. Shake it Off
14. Always carry a change of underwear
15. Bowling Ball
16. Opportunity Knocks
17. Don’t be a hero
18. Limber Up
19. Break it Up
20. It’s a marathon, not a sprint, unless it’s a sprint, then sprint
21. Avoid Strip Clubs
22. When in doubt Know your way out
23. Zipplock
24. Use your thumbs
25. Shoot First
26. A little sun screen never hurt anybody
27. Incoming!
28. Double-Knot your Shoes
29. The Buddy System
30. Pack your stain stick
31. Check the back seat
32. Enjoy the little things
33. Swiss army Knife

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Man hedge, we gotta get you a job. . . .all that time sittin and thinking ha ha ha. I do agree though, start stocking up on ammo. I wouldn't get case after case as how are you going to transport all of it? Unless you have a secure place to hide and store it that wont be found.

I'd say the ammo the particular 40's were running is the issue, I've put over 1500 rounds through mine and haven't had a single jam. Of course the .40 isn't ideal for home defense or self defense, too fast, but wtih proper configurations it can certain be more than adequate