Carlisle PA bike fest

Hedge

American Infidel
Let me know what days yall are going to be there thinking about going.Would love to meet you guys.
Mike as it stands now - us CT boys are thinking of a soft Iron But there and back on Saturday the 26th. Now that could easily change to a Saturday stay over and Sunday skid-addle, but I would have to run it by the fellas. But the one thing you can count on is we are going to be there on Saturday the 26th. I'll keep adding information to this thread as we figure things out. I'm glad your coming.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
The 'Lass and I are heading up - we'd be happy to sniff out a couple of motel rooms in case some of the CT contingent wants to stay Saturday night... that would be more fun than not being able to enjoy the full experience.

Let us know!

Hedge

American Infidel
The 'Lass and I are heading up - we'd be happy to sniff out a couple of motel rooms in case some of the CT contingent wants to stay Saturday night... that would be more fun than not being able to enjoy the full experience.

Let us know!
Sniff away my man - it is sounding like a better way to experience the full party surrounding good friends! :)

TonUp

Street Tracker
I wish I could go!

Wishing you all a great and wonderful time. Take lots of pictures.

Ton Up!

Hedge

American Infidel
Tito - we had a meeting and took a vote and decided we would let you go so start packing! :D
"You wanna hug it out? Let's hug it out bitch!" Ari Gold

Hedge

American Infidel
In light of Tito's comment in another thread (about fudge), I've got to wonder what you meant, Hedge!!! :)
In light of your enlightenment and our new found knowledge the committee has decided to re-convene and put it to another vote . . . Stay Tuned!

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
They held a rally and nobody showed?

We've found a hotel in Carlisle - was gonna make multi-room reservations today but it looks like Hedge, et. al are bailing for Maine?

Hedge

American Infidel
I have no idea what I'm doing - I'm so easily manipulated! :D I've been known to hype everything up and be the first one to bail because the neighbor turned on his sprinkler!

Fr. Joe 07T100

Street Tracker
We've found a hotel in Carlisle - was gonna make multi-room reservations today but it looks like Hedge, et. al are bailing for Maine?

I'm confused: am I going to Maine or to Pa? I thought they were bailing on Maine and going to Pa, but is it vice versa?

MattRat

TT Racer
I am so confused !!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck it...I'm on vacation for the next 10 days. sort this out among yourselves and report back on the 14th...
:D

Hedge

American Infidel
I am so confused !!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck it...I'm on vacation for the next 10 days. sort this out among yourselves and report back on the 14th...
:D

Yes Boss - but please leave your Blackberry charged in case we need to make an important decision and need you to green-light our plan! :D

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Here's what I know...

.. I know that we cannot make it to Maine. We'd love to see the gang at Carlisle. Bonnielass is reserving some rooms today - I'm not sure how many, depends on the cancellation policy. Anyone of the out-of-town contingent that wants one, let us know!

Hedge

American Infidel
Let me know how much a room is for Saturday night. I'll probably go to neither and just stay home!

Last edited:

BonnieLass

Uncensored
Rat Rooms for Carlisle

After sifting through the often horrific reviews of Carlisle area hotels, I've settled on the Days Inn. I grabbed 3 smoking and 2 non-smoking rooms with 2 beds each for Friday and Saturday. (If you only want one night, that's fine too). Smoking rooms are on the 1st floor, our non-smoking rooms will be either across the lobby or directly above the smokers.

Hotel Details:
Days Inn Carlisle
135 rooms, 3 floors
Outdoor Pool
Onsite Pub
Free Breakfast buffet 6am-10am
Complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate 24hrs
Check-in 3pm, Check-out Noon
$93/night (add $10 each for a 3rd or 4th adult)

How to Reserve one of the Group's Rooms:
Call the Days Inn Carlisle at 717-258-4147
Ask for the "BonnieLass" group, code BOLA.
Let me know if we run out of rooms or need different types.

Group Reservation Deadline:
July 15th. After that any unreserved rooms become available to the rest of the world.

The Hedge Clause aka Cancellation Policy:
Cancel with at least 24 hrs notice and there's no charge. So, get off the fence and reserve a room! Less than 24 hrs and they'll ding you for one night.

Last edited:

BonnieLass

Uncensored
The Hedge Clause

For anyone who can't decide about going to Carlisle... see the info on our block of rooms.

(yes, this is just a blatant attempt to make sure that this thread is the one that appears on the front page of the forum, so bear with me!)

I am really leaning more towards Carlisle appose to the Maine run.
I am looking at a good 425 miles, 8 hours + just to get there.
850 miles round trip, that's a lot of miles for me , it would be the longest
trip on the bike I ever took.
If I do go for it I will be leaving Friday morning, stay Fri. and Sat. night
and leave Sunday Morning.
Then maybe make it to work on Monday?

This event looks like it is big, so we will have to figure out where we could all meet.
The biggest part of this for me is to meet every one.

Bill