Eeek Guns!

Bonafide

NBR founder
Got a Ruger LCP for Christmas. Use it for a hideout. Very light, thin, compact. You'll forget it's on your person at times. I also have a Kel-tec P32, but wanted a .380 for a better choice of ammo. With the belt clip installed - you can hang them just about anywhere on your person. I call them my, 'get the fuck up off me' pistols.

Skeeter

Rocker
bonafide, the LCP is my daily carry. i carry it in my right front pocket in an uncle mikes pocket holster. its a nice little gun, nicer than keltec version with the 380. theres tons of stuff for the LCP on cheaperthandirt.com. i just bought 60 bucks worth of stuff includin a 10 bullet clip for the range and bigger figer grips for the bottom of the grip

Gretsch

Rocker
The LCP is a really nice size. The smallest pistol I have right now is a G26. The 26 isn't something you'll ever forget you have on your person but it's not a monster either. Some people dismiss the .380 as a poor defensive round but it's all about trade offs. The best weapon is the one you WILL carry. As an officers backup or a EDC for a CCW holder it's a good choice. I wish Glock would come out with a small single stack 9mm to compete with the Kahr PM9.

koifarm

Hooligan
Yepper, nothing like a spare carry to even the odds out when you need it. My daily deep carry is the Walther Model 8, that goes in the r/f pocket in a pocket holster, in addition it's the Millenium Pro .45 in a Don Hume right side OWB belt holster. That's winter time carry, in summer heat it's a Crossbreed Super Tuck IWB. Also have two mag pouches on the left side, one OWB and one IWB.
Been carrying so long I sometimes think I don't need to carry at all but by now it's like putting on underwear....
I sometimes think a lighter weapon might be more suitable for waist carry but by now it's second nature and when I think about changing weapons it's like Meh.....wtf....

Bonafide

NBR founder
bonafide, the LCP is my daily carry. i carry it in my right front pocket in an uncle mikes pocket holster. its a nice little gun, nicer than keltec version with the 380. theres tons of stuff for the LCP on cheaperthandirt.com. i just bought 60 bucks worth of stuff includin a 10 bullet clip for the range and bigger figer grips for the bottom of the grip

I've had my Kel-tec P32 for about 5 yrs now. It's been beat up a couple times but it's a tuff little gun. The LCP does look to be a bit better made, but I dont think it's a huge difference - it is slightly bigger than the Kel-tec. Bout the only accessory I need for the LCP is the belt clip (which has already been ordered). I already have an ankle holster when I dont clip in my belt-line.

koifarm

Hooligan
Been looking at those LCP's for a while now....need to go and rent one at the local range and put a few rounds downrange and see what it feels like. I do have some reservations about the Walther, it being .25 acp and am thinking the Ruger .380 would be a better choice.
I go back and forth on it. Having never had to use it in more than 40 years it's kinda one of those moot points.
But you know how it is with guns...you never have enough, kinda like Bud's motorcycle car and mini bike obsessions...

koifarm

Hooligan
Not a bad price on that one Bud, I'll have to check locally and see, sometimes the CC forums have a member sales area as well, although most of those guys want more than a new one, the added bonus of holsters, mags and accessories is a plus though, quite often you can get the package for the cost of a new weapon alone.

Clarke

Scooter
The Mrs. went all out one Christmas and picked up the Smith model 340sc snub for me. I love it for off duty. 12 oz. empty weight, .357 mag,"scandium" frame, hammerless. The first thing people ask me is "what about the recoil". It was not a problem. The black grips soak some of it up at the range when using 357s. The 38s out of it are not a problem. Under stressful shooting who is going to notice recoil anyway? You wont remember the sound, number of shots fired, etc., muchless the recoil.

Str8up

Scooter
Thankfully I've never had to do any "stressful shooting" but I do have a LCP as my daily carry weapon and love it. I use a Blackhawk size 2 pocket holster and carry it in my back pocket. Prints like a wallet and since a carry a money clip in my front pocket it works out perfectly.

Skeeter

Rocker
The LCP does look to be a bit better made, but I dont think it's a huge difference - it is slightly bigger than the Kel-tec..

LCP has a slide lock which is realy nice which the keltec doesnt have. plus it disassembles easly for cleaning. both guns look a lot alike tho

Bob80220

Scooter
I'm out today checking into a new S&W Compact for my CCW...looking at 9mm, .40, and the .45. They all appear to be on the same platform...I just need to figure out what would be best for my needs. Hopefully I will be able to fire them at the range...

Bob

Skeeter

Rocker
i also have a S&W stub nose air wieght .38 thats realy nice but a bit too big to carry conceled. ive made that into my snake gun for walkin around in AZ. got the bird shot in .38.

koifarm

Hooligan
Hah

HA! Same thing I told a friend when he asked that about my Bond Arms derringer that I keep loaded with a pair of 410 shotgun slugs.

:headbang2:

That should slow em down a tad....those .410 slugs are a nice chunk of persuasion.....but in a derringer....hooo boy! That's a handful.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
HA! Same thing I told a friend when he asked that about my Bond Arms derringer that I keep loaded with a pair of 410 shotgun slugs.

:headbang2:

Sheeit that reminds me of a buddy of mine that keeps a derringer with .45 long colts in it in the door of his car. Fuck that.