Eeek Guns!

KingBear

Hooligan
Is this the face of Old Scratcher I see, as though the ghost of Christmas past (minus the Christmas)?

Last edited:

Gretsch

Rocker
I think you may have missed the point so I will try to explain again,

I was not trying to put driving by your military & guns necessarily together, mealy pointing out the arrogance & willful damage & the look at us mentality, which seems to be most prevalent from my experience, with gun toting folk.

not all that dissimilar, to when somebody wears a uniform, any uniform for that matter, they grow 2 meters taller or they think they do ! :shh:

I guess also most of you gun happy guys, perhaps have never really used them in action or for that matter witnessed their destruction to a human, or you wouldn't be so cocky about carrying them ! IMO

anyway sorry to interupt your games, cheers, :yawn:

Oh thanks for clearing that up. Allow my to rephrase my position.

A) Nobody gives a shit how you feel about US domestic gun policy.

B) Nobody gives a shit how you feel about US foreign policy.

C) You make no case for your opinion of gun ownership and "arrogance", "willful damage", or "us mentality". Your statements are the epitome of arrogance.

Last edited:

koifarm

Hooligan
Awright then!

Oh thanks for clearing that up. Allow my to rephrase my position.

A) Nobody gives a shit how you feel about US domestic gun policy.

B) Nobody gives a shit how you feel about US foreign policy.

C) You make no case for your opinion of gun ownership and "arrogance", "willful damage", or "us mentality". Your statements are the epitome of arrogance.

Bump, Ditto.....

ssjones

750cc
The folks I know who carry, well, you never know they carry. I think that's the intent. I guess it could be different in an open carry state.

ivar

TT Racer
well, I'm not from the US, but I love guns and love to shoot - and have great respect for the damage an astray bullet can do.

And some of my favorite quotes:
"An armed society is an polite society" R. Heinlein
"if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns" (can't remember the originator)
"With great power comes great responsibility" (Spiderman)

KingBear

Hooligan
Check out the cover article in this month's Harper's Magazine. The article is entitled "Happiness is a Worn Gun, My Concealed Weapon and Me" by Dan Baum. I especially like the opening scenario: In the 1943 noir thriller The Fallen Sparrow, John Garfield asks the police inspector whether his permit to carry a gun is still valid. “Good for a year,” the cop says wearily. “Why did you want to carry a gun?” “To shoot people with, sweetheart!” Now THAT'S a good quote!

loxpump

Rocker
I think you call this open carry.
pistol.jpg

Skeeter

Rocker
thats awesome!!!! looks neat on there

tonight i put a deposit on a mossburg 500 shotgun. pick it up on friday. im excited. gonna put the little pistol grip on it. make it a zombie gun like this

gun.png

Kirkus51

Hooligan
What the Hell?

Guns are a fun recreational thing in the U.S. of A.

They're also in the hands of bad men. ... everywhere.

Isn't this thread is supposed to stay clear of political stuff?

ivar

TT Racer
Looks like I'll be getting a new gun in the collection, a Marlin Guide gun in the hard-hitting 450 Marlin. (basically a belted 45-70, loaded to modern pressures) Will be nice for punching holes in hungry polar bears
photo_1895G.jpg

fishonline

Scooter
thank goodness we Aussies live in a country where we don't need to have guns in our pockets or under the bed !!

but it would be good to live in a country where if I wanted to, I could have a gun (or a few) without spending half my leisure time filling out paperwork so I could enjoy a sport (IPSC shooting was good while I had the time).

it would be good to ride without a helmet if I chose to..

Australia is a wonderful place (the best!) and I don't intend moving....but I wish we would harden the fuck up a bit and go out and enjoy life instead of being so fucking politically correct all the time. We have what we have because of a shit load of blokes carrying and using 303s

sorry about the rave.......

loxpump

Rocker
Have that exact gun except in shorty 5-shot version under the wife's side of the bed with 000 Buck. It is the last line of defense. That said, the perp first has to get past early warning system (110lbs German Shepherd who has free patrol of entire home at night but normally chooses to sleep at the foot of our bed), then has to get past my HK45 nightstand protection, and if perp gets me and Cyrus down . . . well then perp has to get past wife with 000 buckshot from Mossberg cruiser because she's not going to get out of bed and fish out her 9mm. If perp gets past all that he or they can have whatever they want! :worthy:

And if you had called 911 at the very beginning of trouble, they would be there in 15 to 20 minutes...maybe. Just in time to write up their report.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
nothing like dogs yapping if they're small or barking if they're big to deter nighttime incursions.

Nothing like the sound of jacking a round into a 12 gauge at midnight for any robber to crap his pants.

Last edited:
nothing like dogs yapping if they're small or barking if they're big to deter nighttime incursions.

Nothing like the sound of jacking a round into a 12 gauge at midnight for any robber to crap his pants.

+1 on that. I've a 60lb gamebred American Pit Bull Terrier who has free run of the outside of the house and only barks if he perceives a threat.

In the extremely unlikely event some scumbag gets past him, there's a Remington 870 by the bed with an empty chamber and 4 in the mag. Sleep well - I do...... ;)

Cheers,

Pikey.

Skeeter

Rocker
Have that exact gun except in shorty 5-shot version under the wife's side of the bed with 000 Buck. It is the last line of defense. That said, the perp first has to get past early warning system (110lbs German Shepherd who has free patrol of entire home at night but normally chooses to sleep at the foot of our bed), then has to get past my HK45 nightstand protection, and if perp gets me and Cyrus down . . . well then perp has to get past wife with 000 buckshot from Mossberg cruiser because she's not going to get out of bed and fish out her 9mm. If perp gets past all that he or they can have whatever they want! :worthy:

ahaha yea! like i written on her i have a .38 S&W and a .380 ruger. the little ruger is always in my pocket but since im movin to az and will have an apartment i was lookin for soemthing with a little more scare and punch than a toy lookin gun. looove the ruger lpc but i need a good home defense gun. plus this mossberg was $175 with a scope and 2 barrels. the deal is like a sore dick, i cant beat it. already have the pistol grip on its way in the mail.

KingBear

Hooligan
Pump shotgun for home defense = tits bueno. Anyone remember the old 13" Ithaca Stakeout. Oh yeah!

400px-Ithaca_m37sawedoff.jpg

Last edited:

geolpilot

Street Tracker
In the case of the Mossberg, install an 18 inch cylinder bore slug barrel with the rifle sights mounted on it. It is pretty accurate shooting slugs that way and still does a fine job with buckshot or anything else up close.

geolpilot

Street Tracker
If you miss with a handgun at a distance that you would actually need to shoot someone, you will probably miss with the Judge too.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
yea. just get a short semi auto 12 gauge and some number 7 birdshot perfect for home defense. Oh and practice practice practice. Shot placement is king.