tattoos!

Hahahahaha, yeah, like a bitch. Although waking up in the morning and having the blood rush to my feet kinda sucked also.

Skeeter

Rocker
when bryan from the bouncing souls tat'ed my thigh a few months back, i walked around on it i guess too soon cause my leg swelled up really bad and hurt a lot. happened when i got one on my calf last summer, i went to work the next morn and ran around bein a server. that one the blood settled in my ankle and i had a kankle for a week. that one scared the heck outta me

rodburner

Rocker
When I got my first tattoo in Vegas,by Nick @ Precious Slut,he wrapped my arm in paper towels and taped them on,and explained why they don't allow plastic wrap in Nevada.It made sense to me. When I got the second one added,here in Wa. by Leo at Underworld Ink,he slapped the dreaded plastic wrap on it,saying it was ok for use here. The first one healed in about 5 days,the second,with far less needle work,took 3 WEEKS. What do you guys get applied?

Texas94fs

Hooligan
When I got my first tattoo in Vegas,by Nick @ Precious Slut,he wrapped my arm in paper towels and taped them on,and explained why they don't allow plastic wrap in Nevada.It made sense to me. When I got the second one added,here in Wa. by Leo at Underworld Ink,he slapped the dreaded plastic wrap on it,saying it was ok for use here. The first one healed in about 5 days,the second,with far less needle work,took 3 WEEKS. What do you guys get applied?

I leave mine uncovered, just wash it 2-3 times a day with unscented mild soap. Then if it gets too dry I put some A&D ointment on it. You don't want it to scab over, thats the key. mine usually take about a week to heal but maybe a little peeling towards the outside of the tattoo after that.

bdavanza

Street Tracker
Eucerin or Lubriderm several times a day is all I used and it healed up very well with very little itch.

Skeeter

Rocker
i keep the wrap on for 2 hours, then wash with mild soap. then put bacitracin or A&D on it for 3 days then switch to lubriderm. that stuff rules

...What do you guys get applied?

Steve,

My Tattooist in Auburn uses alcohol pads tapped on. Typically leave it on for a couple hours; then remove to let the injury air out. She highly opposes plastic wrap. She once told me the downfall of plastic wrap, but I can't seem to remember why right now. Just that it's bad.

BTW... Incase you're interested, the Seattle Tattoo expo is August 14th at the Seattle Center.

rodburner

Rocker
Steve,

My Tattooist in Auburn uses alcohol pads tapped on. Typically leave it on for a couple hours; then remove to let the injury air out. She highly opposes plastic wrap. She once told me the downfall of plastic wrap, but I can't seem to remember why right now. Just that it's bad.

BTW... Incase you're interested, the Seattle Tattoo expo is August 14th at the Seattle Center.

I was told by Nick,that the plastic wrap comes off the machine,coated with some sort of oil,to prevent the layers of the roll from sticking together.The plastic bandage keeps the contaminated blood/plasma/ink combo sealed,which could lead to irritation or infections. I took off the sterile bleached paper towel in LV after the prescribed 2 hours,washed it with the Dial liquid soap they gave me and applied the Eucerin they gave me. Little to no reddening,itching or discomfort. On the other hand,I took off the plastic wrap as soon as I got home,used the mentioned items,and still was bothered by it for weeks. I was told to avoid alcohol also,as it tended to dilute the colors a little before healing could occur. I also read that the plastic wrap became popular because it provided a window of sorts,so that the freshly cut person could show off to his "bro's",the new tat at big biker events like Sturgis.:chair:

Skeeter

Rocker
i seen the plastic wrap trick but every time its had a gauze pad or something under it. ive never had the plastic wrap tho. worst part of the tattoo sometimes is takin the tape off my hairy legs

Skeeter

Rocker
yeeaaa friday the 13th!

just got me a friday the 13th, 13 dollar tatoo. plus 7 dollar tip. cant beat a 20 dollar tattoo

Skeeter

Rocker
its on the front lower shin/ankle area of my leg. its a pretty good size for a 20 dolla tatt. ive good mad skinny ankles tho. it makes a good filler pices. im workin on a leg sleeve so...
13.png

Skeeter

Rocker
That's awesome for $13.

it was 13 dolalrs and then they asked for a 7 dollar tip. i gave the dude 30 bucks. he had to be close to my sweaty foot and i waited 3 hours to get it and it was 10pm when he got to me. i think some guys woulda said at 9 ok im done f all you. im ok with payin 30 bones, im a server so i know how 10 extra bucks goes a long way

rodburner

Rocker
Still a good deal. Not sure I would have had the patience for a 3 hour sit/wait,but sometimes it's all about bragging rights...
As for tips,always been a "servee". Jeri always went overboard if we were taken care of and I'm even worse lately. 25-35%,who gives a shit. "You" are doing something that would kill me,probably a kid or 3,rent and a car payment,for what,10-12 bucks an hour? I can't take it with me.I know this for a FACT. THANK YOU,Skeeter.

Skeeter

Rocker
dude im a server. i and tattoo artist make money off tips. im very thankfull when i get a good tip so i pay it forward and hope it comes back around. at applebees i get paid 2.18 an hour, plus tips. so people tip your servers. now mind you i wait tables AND work in a body shop full time

as for the 3 hour wait, it sucked but it was worth it. the shop was in an old like steel mill biuldin converted into offices and such so it was neat inside and we were talkin to people and havin fun so it was all good.