tattoos!

Skeeter

Rocker
so i just got a tattoo fro Bryan from THE BOUNCING SOULS!!

awesome dude and he rides a bike, a lot. a harley but hes cool as all hell

IMG_0185.jpg

Ootnaboot

Scooter
It's nothing too elaborate, but it's my first tattoo thus far (which is located on my left deltoid). This is right after we were done.

So what does it sat, you ask? I am and always have been a huge fan (read: nut, dork, geek, etc.) of The Lord of the Rings. It says "Law pain i reviar mistar aen" which is Sindarin (the language of the Grey Elves that Tolkien created) for "Not all those who wander are lost." It's one of my favorite sayings from one of my favorite poems:

"The Riddle of Strider"

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king
(from The Fellowship of the Ring, "Strider")

(Note: the poem first shows up in a letter Gandalf writes to Frodo regarding Strider, aka Aragorn). Yeah, I know I'm a Tolkien dork. But what better for a Tolkien dork than an Elvish tattoo!

n1187809859_80477_5798.jpg

Gretsch

Rocker
So I made an appointment to get more done on the shoulder tat. I'm going to have him bring it over onto my chest and back.

pics of some of my tattoos, The first is my hands. I'm a dumb ass and got them done at the same time so there nice and puffy. Then some of my leg,neck and sleeve's.
phone pics 016.JPG001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg

If knee caps are anything like elbows, There gunna suck. My friend told me there not that bad, just right below the knee hurts like hell. I think all tattoos hurt just some a lot worse(neck:mad2:)then others. The worse part is healing for me.

rodburner

Rocker
Jacob,this is 2010. If you wanted to shave your legs,we would have understood.You didn't need to prove your machismo to US.:C

rodburner

Rocker
Mine prefers the shade provided by my nostrils and ears. grrr
Anyway,a great collection you've gotten so far. I only have my 2 little ones,to my wife,but I'm on the lookout for the "spark" that will give me the push down that more elaborate road.I don't care for 'random' tats. I like the story telling kind a bit more,no matter how whimsical the presentation. Good job.
Picture1423.jpg

Gretsch

Rocker
Rod. I agree with you about tattoos with a meaning. Maybe that's why it took me 37 years to get my first.

P.S. Yours is one of the best tattoo I've seen in a long time.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
I don't see the point to having tattoos without some meaning, quirky or not. I don't think there is a single detail or small part of my half sleeve that doesn't have meaning. I'm all for its your body do what you want with it but I just can't find randomness and permanence mixed being a good thing. Ah maybe I'm just old fashioned that way, but the good new is I go back in july to half a half sleeve done on the other arm!

I agree with all of you. Tattoos have to have a meaning in why you got it. All mine tell a story of what I was going threw and have special meaning to me. The one on my neck of the harp is my favorite. Its for my mom, and she plays the harp. We didn't speak for 10 years. I'll be here all day if I told you about all of them. Rod Im glad your wife was with you when you got it. I'm sorry for your loss.

Last edited:

msc66

Two Stroke
Interesting. I don't think any of mine have meaning. Purely aesthetic. I just like the way they look.

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
I don't see the point to having tattoos without some meaning, quirky or not. I don't think there is a single detail or small part of my half sleeve that doesn't have meaning. I'm all for its your body do what you want with it but I just can't find randomness and permanence mixed being a good thing. Ah maybe I'm just old fashioned that way, but the good new is I go back in july to half a half sleeve done on the other arm!

I agree. I can remember why, and during what time in my life I got my ink done. If if you piece them all together you can get a picture of where I came from, went (going) through, and probably where I'll be heading.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
I agree. I can remember why, and during what time in my life I got my ink done. If if you piece them all together you can get a picture of where I came from, went (going) through, and probably where I'll be heading.

I do think you described it perfectly. I put much thought into all the pieces of my work and come up with a rough idea and leave it to my artist to put idea to paper and then skin. It's almost a personification of self in art.

MSC, all that matters is that you are happy with your ink, screw what anyone else including us crazies here think if you are happy with it. To each his own.