pueblo4-5-2010-140.jpg

pueblo4-5-2010-101.jpg

pueblo4-5-2010-139.jpg

pueblo4-5-2010-53.jpg

pueblo4-5-2010-40.jpg

Last edited:

Skeeter

Rocker
i just got a smith & weston air wieght stub nose a few weeks ago as a bday gift from my dad. nice gun. loud but a straight shot for a stubb nose

Gretsch

Rocker
What's a good first pistol to get?

You're going to get about 1000 different answers to that question. So, here's my opinion. Get a Glock 19. Very reliable and simple gun that goes bang every time. I've owned everything from a 44 revolver to 1911s to you name it. I've landed on Glock and I'm not going back.

That said, your best bet is to rent some different guns (or better yet borrow them from a gun nut buddy) and see what YOU shoot best. There is no right answer other than that.

I've fired a few of my grandfathers guns but that's really not a good baseline.

I think what I'd like is something powerful and compact. Having a large magazine isn't really important to me. Just a compact, low-maintenance pistol to practice at the range and keep in my house.

loxpump

Rocker
You're going to get about 1000 different answers to that question. So, here's my opinion. Get a Glock 19. Very reliable and simple gun that goes bang every time. I've owned everything from a 44 revolver to 1911s to you name it. I've landed on Glock and I'm not going back.

That said, your best bet is to rent some different guns (or better yet borrow them from a gun nut buddy) and see what YOU shoot best. There is no right answer other than that.

Great answer Gretsch. You can't beat a revolver for simplicity. But I'm an auto guy now. In fact one of my latest is a little 380 Ruger LCP that with the "double action only" function is basically a revolver disguised as an auto.

Gretsch

Rocker

I think what I'd like is something powerful and compact. Having a large magazine isn't really important to me. Just a compact, low-maintenance pistol to practice at the range and keep in my house.

Define powerful and compact.

If you carry often you'll find that you want the smallest gun you can pack...If you ever have to use it you'll find you want something along the lines of an M16 with a Beta C-Mag, a SAW, Ma-Deuce, grenades, or better yet an M1A1 Abrams Tank.

I'll put in another pitch for the Glock 19 here. It's compact, has more than enough capacity (15+1), and its VERY low maintenance. The 9mm is powerful enough with modern HP ammo (DPX is great) and the recoil is manageable for almost anyone.

If you want something smaller look at the G26. For more power you can go with G23 (40 cal). Want more powerful & more compact? The G27 is a subcompact 40 cal.

Did I mention I like Glocks?

geolpilot

Street Tracker
I carry all of the time, usually a kelTec P3AT and sometimes a Kahr PM9. Anything bigger and heavier just will get left at home. I like front pocket carry in a pocket holster as the gun is invisible. In a threatening situation, I can have my hand on the grip with the gun started out of the holster and it just looks like I am totally relaxed with my hand in my pocket.

innominate

Street Tracker

if you're gonna use it for home defense I would say get a Remington 870 with an 18 or 20 barrel and a mag extender.

Picture001.jpg

Last edited:

hs01jowe

Two Stroke
God, sometimes I wish I lived in a country where guns where allowed "the american way". It sure would be fun to go down to a range sometimes...

Skeeter

Rocker
God, sometimes I wish I lived in a country where guns where allowed "the american way". QUOTE]

well if it was up to a lot of the idoits in the white house we wouldnt have any guns so hopefully they will worry about other stuff and not about my guns.

Oxblood

750cc
yeah .380s been a bitch for over a year now but im starting to to see it at my local walmart on occasion. My wife carries the LCP and loves it. I don't have much experience with Taurus.

Skeeter

Rocker
ive got a smith and wesson air wieght stub nose, great gun just a bit big to carry all the time.. i really like the rugar. but its $300 bones

koifarm

Hooligan
.22's will piss em off and put their attention on you...a tricky caliber to work with....
Best bet is an airweight 38/357 revolver or semi auto, small and light...
My daily carry is an Inside the waist band Crossbreed holster.
http://crossbreedholsters.com/Holst...el/1/ProductID/1/Default.aspx?SortField=UnitC
With a Taurus Millenium Pro 145 .45 cal in it.
http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=39&category=Pistol&toggle=tp&breadcrumbseries=CC1

This rig tucks away at the 4 o'clock on the right side and a loose t-shirt covers it completely. It's like putting your wallet and keys in your pocket...I just wear it every day, all day....at night it lays on my nightstand. Is equipped with a lasermax sight.
Never had to use it in over 25 years but if I need to it's there. It's so much a part of my routine that I feel funnier if I don't carry, like to the beach or surf fishing.
Bottom line, if you're gonna carry at least carry something effective with some knockdown punch to it. I'd consider a .380 to be a minimum. A .22 like the Taurus would be dynamite for a deep carry secondary weapon though....
Oh, btw, I do have a Florida CC permit.

Last edited:

loxpump

Rocker
time to bring this thread back....
any one else havin a hard time gettin .380 ammo? i have a 38 and wanna get something smaller to carry. my s&w is a bit more noticable if its hangin off the hip and really like the ruger lpc but it comes in 380 but i also like the taurus .20 which is a 20 cal and its only 250 bucks
http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=80&category=Pistol&toggle=&breadcrumbseries=

I have the Ruger LCP and it's very nice. Can't beat it for size and weight. I haven't had too much problem getting 380 ammo but it was pricey at one time. That's starting to drop now thankfully.

This is kind of nice.
http://www.impactguns.com/store/736676033140.html

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
What do you all think is the best handgun to carry that will be able to handle a situation with wildlife when camping while at the same time, can still be realistically carried on your person while you are riding?