hows everybodys week going.

phil

Street Tracker
I need to vent some were , so here I go.

1. Sunday, had my lil girl birthday party with ice cream cake and all, sunday nite I lose my keys for my bike. Early that day I was grinding and got a piece of metal in my eye from grinding a small frame that I was building. I though I got it out... Monday I went to work and noticed that my eye was swelling up. Tuesday I went to doct, and They took out the small piece with the eye kit( a pin and some freezing), and the rest of day wasn't to bad.. weds, went good, Thursday was payday, and Friday went pretty normal. Saturday I was grinding again to finish my frame I was building and I took about an quarter inch or skin of my index finger, I lost grip of the grinder after it decided to kick, I tried to grab it before it hit my leg.?? (not A good idea):eeek: I ended up grabbing the part that was spinning.
When I went into the house and showed my wife and I told her at least I was wearing my safety glassed. So I'll wait to see what Sunday brings. Thanks for letting me get this stuff off my chest guys.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Jesus...doesn't sound you had the best of weeks for yourself. At least you are still in tact and as the saying goes...there's always next week. Sounds like it started off great though; how old is your daughter? I think I am the biggest kid in the house when the time rolls around for my son's birthday.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
tuesday I get my biggest internet purchase (a TV) delivered, I put it together and it's dead as a doornail. I call the manufacturer, get a repair order, take it to a repair facility (Geek Squak) only to be informed that they don't work ones that size, it has to be a home service call. I tote the thing home, set up a service call for the next day. I wait for almost the whole day with nobody showing up. I call.. OH sorry, it's the next day. OK, the next day the guy comes, confirms it's dead. By this time the vibes are so bad I decide to return it. Next thing, I shop locally for a TV, as I buy that, I'm told that the #2 TV on dish isn't HiDef. Well I'm a bit miffed but what the hell the 20+ year old TV I've been using is all snowy and I'm sure it's almost dead so no biggie. I hook up the new TV and WHAT THE HELL????? it's picture is snowy too. I call up Dish, they have me check connections etc. Nothing works. I set up a service call for Monday.

During all this time I'm having an old deck torn out (put my foot thru it last week) and replaced with a concrete patio slab. I set the appointment for the Dish guy on Monday as the guys were going to pour the slab This past Friday. All day Friday I'm home, #1 to wait for the UPS guy to pick up the dead TV and #2 to watch the guy pour the slab. UPS shows up at 6 in the evening. Concrete guy never show up. I get a call and the boss man says they were there but I wasn't. BULLSHIT! I was thinking (I'm a nice guy and don't like confrontation) Sooooo, Monday the lawn guys will be here, the concrete will be poured and the Dish guy will be here.

A big Monday for the household. My dog Max will be beside himself He'll want to play fetch and I've gotta keep him penned in. My other dog Kiddo will just bark a bit and go hide.

That was my week.

Last edited:

rodburner

Rocker
Phil, I keep a chunk of very strong rare earth type magnet stuck to the door of my breaker panel in the garage.Several times now,I've been able pull metal chips out of my eye balls or surrounding areas,if their not too deeply embedded or I haven't rubbed them in yet. I wear safety glasses and ear muffs when cutting,grinding or drilling,but metal dust WILL find a way into your eyes. A co-conspirator with steady hands is required, but it's at least worth a try before going to the doctor. It will also embed itself into the window glass of your cars and wreck them,so I have to use care in aiming the sparks.

T-boy

Rocker
Saturday I was grinding again to finish my frame I was building and I took about an quarter inch or skin of my index finger, I lost grip of the grinder after it decided to kick, I tried to grab it before it hit my leg.?? (not A good idea):eeek: I ended up grabbing the part that was spinning.

phil...look at the bright side...at least you weren't using a chainsaw. Hopefully next week will go better for you.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Sounds about like my week.

finished an 8 day work week on friday, had to work 3 times with missing partners on the floor, thursday was going home from work when my truck caught on fire, found out the ecu that burned up is over 500 bucks. Had bbq and beer yesterday.

kinky stunt

Street Tracker
Phil,
Ouch.

I roast coffee for a living and I just got back from the eye doctor myself.
As coffee is roasted into the dark depths of Italian and French Roasts, little pieces of flying shrapnel are likely to break from the 400 plus degree beans.
Every once in a while, one will hit me in the face. There was a faint sizzle when the chunk hit my eye and fused to the soft tissue.
That's how I found myself sitting infront of the Ophthamologist while she poked me in the eye with a forceps.

I've tried wearing safety goggles which I find impair my ability to detect nuances of color so critical to the perfect roast I don't know if it's the glare or the steam from my sweaty head or what, I just don't like 'em. I think I just learned to like 'em.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Phil,
Ouch.

I roast coffee for a living and I just got back from the eye doctor myself.
As coffee is roasted into the dark depths of Italian and French Roasts, little pieces of flying shrapnel are likely to break from the 400 plus degree beans.
Every once in a while, one will hit me in the face. There was a faint sizzle when the chunk hit my eye and fused to the soft tissue.
That's how I found myself sitting infront of the Ophthamologist while she poked me in the eye with a forceps.

I've tried wearing safety goggles which I find impair my ability to detect nuances of color so critical to the perfect roast I don't know if it's the glare or the steam from my sweaty head or what, I just don't like 'em. I think I just learned to like 'em.

Who do you work for? I just had some kona this morning and am going to enjoy some jamaica blue mountain tomorrow. Also have some awesome costa rican coffee here at the house. You don't listen to the pops to decide when the coffee is done?

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I used to call people who have those latin roast blah blah blah coffee drinks Coffee Snobs, until I tasted a few cups of non-Folger stuff. Crap!!! it IS better coffee.

Sigh!! Now I'm what I used to poke fun at.. a Coffee Snob.

Doesn't change all the activity around this house on Monday though.j

phil

Street Tracker
Jesus...doesn't sound you had the best of weeks for yourself. At least you are still in tact and as the saying goes...there's always next week. Sounds like it started off great though; how old is your daughter? I think I am the biggest kid in the house when the time rolls around for my son's birthday.

She's only 2 , We had a pretty good time. Its was our first "birthday party" were I think she sorta knew what was happeing. lol

mark66

TT Racer
Man you guys make me feel great. Nothing happened to me last week as it was hot and humid and I made sure I wasn't doin' anything! Of course I'm retired now so paid my dues with all that shit a while ago. Just went out for early morning rides. Course I may get hit hard from the wife as she is still working and then I'll have something to add to these disaster tales of you guys!!!!!!!!!!!

kinky stunt

Street Tracker
Who do you work for? I just had some kona this morning and am going to enjoy some jamaica blue mountain tomorrow. Also have some awesome costa rican coffee here at the house. You don't listen to the pops to decide when the coffee is done?

I roast for Peet's Coffee.
All the senses come into play, not just hearing the beans pop. Deep roasting gives the beans a certain look as the oils come to the surface and a certain aroma when they reach their sweet spot. The true test of course is in the cup.
Sorry to hijack, maybe we need a coffee thread Tex:headbang2:

rodburner

Rocker
My week was fine,but pretty warm temps.The weekend went downhill a bit,with word that Jeri's mom died this morning,at home in Florida.Needless to say [then why do we say it?],her sister and brother are beside themselves,losing their dad,sister and mom in a 27 month span. I'll miss her too. She was always good to me. Rest in peace,Joyce.

rodburner

Rocker
Thanks.I wish I didn't have to such a downer all the time. How about this..
My roses and blueberries are doing GREAT with the record cold and rain in June and record heat in July. Ahhh,that's better..

Nick Morey

Rocker
My week was fine,but pretty warm temps.The weekend went downhill a bit,with word that Jeri's mom died this morning,at home in Florida.Needless to say [then why do we say it?],her sister and brother are beside themselves,losing their dad,sister and mom in a 27 month span. I'll miss her too. She was always good to me. Rest in peace,Joyce.

I am sorry to hear that also Steve, it seems the list of family and friends just grows smaller & smaller as we get older. You've surely have had more than your share of loss in the past year or so. God bless.

Last edited: