a few questions ???

patrick67

Scooter
My speedo is in kilometres :( we used to have both but for some reason
they went metric only over here..... so for me gallons and mph does not mean a whole lot. by the way what is a good RPM for long runs for constant cruising..........

koifarm

Hooligan
Im on a stock 07 Bonneville and get on reserve somewhere in the 115-125 miles on a tank, average when reserve goes on. Never have run the reserve out but it doesn't matter to me. I'll look for a gas pump at 100 miles. I think the last mileage was about what BlueJ's was, 43-45 and I'm a conservative driver with very little "Vroom Vroom" driving....lol....
One of these days I'll carry a gallon and run reserve out just to see....

patrick67

Scooter
one more question, I noticed 4 bolts between the 2 frame bars at the front.

Now my question is I would like to install forward pegs for longer runs since I like riding down in the States.

but nothing exist from triumph for my T100
any suggestions ??? aftermarket ? anyone built his own ?

I was thinking using a few of those bolts in the front and use some
rear pegs that would fold when not in use and I would paint the bar black just
like the frame.

drlapo

Hooligan
My speedo is in kilometres :( we used to have both but for some reason
they went metric only over here..... so for me gallons and mph does not mean a whole lot. by the way what is a good RPM for long runs for constant cruising..........

BMW used to recommend that you cruise at 75% of redline

KingBear

Hooligan
I'm sure it has a lot do do with riding styles - I'm happy cruising around at 6K RPMs and I really do get on the throttle, a lot. I'm probably running too rich but since Criswell got rid of their dyno I've yet to find one around here that I trust.
I'm sure you're right, I cruise at 3-4k so there you go. Most riders seem to agree that the Bonnie performs best at higher revs, I'm just too sedate for that.

Deano

Two Stroke
what is a good distance speed without causing damage ( cruising )[/QUOTE]

Hey, just a mention regarding running in, if your bike is still new. Like the rest have said, vary the revs etc, but something I was told was, if you run the thing in too slow, your bike will always be a slow bike. Dont be too scared to get the revs up there, without going too crazy. If you find that speed limit is an issue, run it at higher rpm's in 4th gear. I ran mine in at about 120-130km and now it goes straight to that as its crusing speed. These are tuff motors.

strokerlmt

PSSS I have an advantage. I have a hand made Norman Hyde tank which holds an additional gallon + a little over the stock tank. No reserve just a straight petcock. So I never pay attention to mileage. With my 2 riding buddies even with my engine and FCR carbs they need gas when I have a gallon left. I like to do the "Steve McQueen look".....stand flat footed....open the gas cap and swish the gas around.....oh ya I have enough to make the swiss border ;-)))........Lastly by 100-120 my ass, neck, back, wrists, and knees need a stretch.......sucks
LMT

Nick Morey

Rocker
no reserve switch here !!! my bike is injection.
so at 250 Km I will look for a gas station :)

Don't know why a fuel injected bike wouldn't have a reserve, I would think it's a tank thing not an engine thing (I could be wrong, not the first time). Are you sure? Regular tank on is petcock knob all the way counterclockwise, off is 90 degrees clockwise (1/2 way or horizontal), reserve is all the way clockwise...

Last edited:

Littlejoe

Scooter
No reserve valve on efi bikes, just a fuel light that pops on and off on when there's about 2 gallons left. When there's about a gallon left the light stays on. On longer trips with little or no traffic, two up and cruising between 65-75 I usually see about 50mpg. Commuting in the city alone I usually get about 43mpg.

This is on a fuel injected 09 Bonneville Black.

Nick Morey

Rocker
So is there a fuel pump in tank to keep a certain psi for injectors? Sad to see reserve go the way of kickstart. :(

Nick Morey

Rocker
That's great... as long as it keeps working.

(Don't mind me, I'm a bit old fashioned. :))

Last edited: