Dying breed?

tribear

Street Tracker
I LOVE BEER!
Fav's: Descuttes Black Butte Porter, Snake River Brewing Co's Stout.... Uh, pretty much any beer really. BUT! If you AZ boyz head to Bisbee, check out the new brewery/pub there. Sweet Baby Jesus, their stout is top notch. I sampled all of the others they had currently and they are all phenomenal as well.

GuyM

Street Tracker
I enjoy trying local brews when I travel. Some great stuff out there anymore.

Here in the Northwest, we've got little brew pubs all over the place.

Of course a guy has to be careful if he's on a bike...

TC_Dick

TT Racer
I thought it was just in my head that the last time I tried rolling rock it tasted different.. that's the second time a favorite beer of mine has been bought by a major company and turned to shit.

Henry Winehards Private Reserve was the first. That stuff was TASTY - now it's skunkier than Heineken.

We do get a pretty good Canadian beer here in the northwest, Kokanee. Pretty cheap, and pretty good. I think it's owned by Labatts or something..

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
I drink Budweiser, mostly because it's everywhere.

We do get a pretty good Canadian beer here in the northwest, Kokanee. Pretty cheap, and pretty good. I think it's owned by Labatts or something..

Both of these beers are made/owned by Labatts (Canada) and Anheuser-Busch (US) aka...AB/In-Bev, who in turned are owned by bankers in Belgium and Brazil, and who in turned just took my job of 12+ yrs away from under me and 142 others.

Everyone should try some micro brew. Some of it is crap. (just like the macros) but most of it is alot better. Most micro beers are made to order, therefore do not use preservatives to make the beer keep. If you have ever experienced a head-ache from drinking a beer to two (that does not include falling down, or morning after head-aches) it is most likely due to the chemicals that they out in it. Support your Mom and Pop shops and you should be pleasently surprised. Or, a better way of saying it...give the money to your neighbours (local economy) and NOT to some banker a world away.

Just had some Nickle Brook...awesome stuff.

loxpump

Rocker
Miller Lite, unless I'm trying to save up for a Bonnie mod, then it's Milwaukee's Best Lite the Beast. Half the price, and brewed by Miller anyway. And I live in Budweiser Country.

pepper

Street Tracker
Always interesting to read where folks think that tasty, craft beer made by a locally owned and owner-operated mom & pop brewery with nothing but barley, hops, water and yeast is "high fallutin' mega alcohol high end swill made for those with a delicate, educated palate"... and that macro brewed 'swill' that has more corn and rice than barley and is cranked out by the million-barrel batch in a push-button contract brewery owned by a multinational conglomerate is a "good old American beer good enough for America's greatest generation"...

Marketing ain't reality, folks.

Fuck marketing. What, ya think folks are too stupid to know what the fuck is up with their beer? Differant strokes man. I've lived in europe (I could walk to the Bitburger Pils brewery) and the far east as well and I've drank many a beer and hit many a brewhouse and curb between 'em both. We've several mom and pops in town (I do get the occasional growler to go) and I've washed a lot of carboys and bottles from my own little stove top operation. What I'm finding more and more is that they're always big and heavy and will knock your legs out from under ya in no time at all. Not really a good all day beer or what I'd take fishin. And a DWI for just a couple beers, no thanks. You go in and ask for a light bodied 4.5 bitter or the likes and they look at ya like you're high or somethin or look down their nose at ya like the beer snobs they truly are. Back to my point...yeah, I guess the kinda beer I like, and my dad liked, and my grandad liked is a dying breed.

Geoh3

Scooter
Drinking beer and getting shit done... High Life.
Drinking beer on a hiking/ paddling trip... Dale's Pale Ale. (it's good and in a can)
Drinking beer for pleasure... any quality IPA, Hop Pocket, Hop Devil. Sierra Nevada, etc.

I really need to revisit PBR's, but the local hole now has High Life for a buck.

henrys

Street Tracker
I love all beer... only I prefer a few more than most. That being said I had a few PBR's tonight while bowling. My alley has it on tap. To the original poster, indeed its getting more rare on tap. Only a few places around here have it (and they happen to be my fav places).

strokerlmt

I like beer that has a taste but won't buzz you in 2....cold beer ...really cold beer for me is something to enjoy over an extended period of time ....I mean multiple extended.... :))
LMT

Drinking beer and getting shit done... High Life.
Drinking beer on a hiking/ paddling trip... Dale's Pale Ale. (it's good and in a can)
Drinking beer for pleasure... any quality IPA, Hop Pocket, Hop Devil. Sierra Nevada, etc.

I really need to revisit PBR's, but the local hole now has High Life for a buck.

I dig yer style dude.

Dale's Pale is good stuff. Sierra Nevada is always in my fridge, or trash can :cheers:

man, I'm going to the corner store right now to buy a 6er of the hoppiest, highest gravity IPA they have, and I'm gonna get drunk on just 6 beers. Mmmmm :cheers:

Texas94fs

Hooligan
man, I'm going to the corner store right now to buy a 6er of the hoppiest, highest gravity IPA they have, and I'm gonna get drunk on just 6 beers. Mmmmm :cheers:

I'm just not a huge fan of IPAs but I like me some stouts and rather odd beers. Whatever IPA you had at the house when I came by was actually pretty good. I really need to start trying some IPA i suppose

Uncle Fat

Scooter
Fuck marketing. What, ya think folks are too stupid to know what the fuck is up with their beer? Differant strokes man. I've lived in europe (I could walk to the Bitburger Pils brewery) and the far east as well and I've drank many a beer and hit many a brewhouse and curb between 'em both. We've several mom and pops in town (I do get the occasional growler to go) and I've washed a lot of carboys and bottles from my own little stove top operation. What I'm finding more and more is that they're always big and heavy and will knock your legs out from under ya in no time at all. Not really a good all day beer or what I'd take fishin. And a DWI for just a couple beers, no thanks. You go in and ask for a light bodied 4.5 bitter or the likes and they look at ya like you're high or somethin or look down their nose at ya like the beer snobs they truly are. Back to my point...yeah, I guess the kinda beer I like, and my dad liked, and my grandad liked is a dying breed.

Stupid's got nothing to do with it... But no, most people don't know 'what the fuck is up with their beer'.

I'm just not a huge fan of IPAs but I like me some stouts and rather odd beers. Whatever IPA you had at the house when I came by was actually pretty good. I really need to start trying some IPA i suppose

It's an aquired taste, and you either like it or you don't. The first time I tried an IPA I thought someone had put cologne in my beer bottle. I hated it. After a while I started to like 'em and now I'm obsessed with IPAs. Lots o' alkee-haul in 'em too :D

just got back from my IPA quest:

beer.jpg

Got some NB Ranger IPA (which is fuckin delish btw) and some Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA (which is no lie, the shit is as hoppy as I've ever had but still great just took me a little by surprise). Note also, the Coors Light 12er in the background, and 1/3rd of a 6 pack of Lone Star tallboys below. Yeah, I drink some beer...

Ok, a couple hours later...

This fuckin Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA is like the Habanero pepper of beers. Each tiny sip is like "KA-POOOSH" on my taste buds (and liver too). I've only had 5 of the 6 pack and I'm pretty-well impaired. It is flavorful and potent too. The nice thing is I'm not stuffed-full like I'd be after drinking a case of light beer yet I have the same buzz.

It's not for the faint of heart but it's good in its own wild way, like biting a Ghost Chili pepper on a dare. IPA FTW! :cheers:

Nick Morey

Rocker
:beer: Oh no! A drinking report? That's just too funny! Sweat you are the man... :headbang2:

PS - pictures or it didn't happen!!!

:beer: Oh no! A drinking report? That's just too funny! Sweat you are the man... :headbang2:

PS - pictures or it didn't happen!!!

well I already put the pic of my fridge up...

I figured I'd get the words on the 'net before I couldn't type anymore...:beer:

I'm knocking back #6 now. I had to stop and make some tacos....beer munchies from hell...I don't think I'll be up much longer. I'm glad tomorrow is my day off!

Uncle Fat

Scooter
Yep... Torpedo is tasty stuff. A good dose of hops, but not 'hop tea' like some of the Imperial IPAs SWMBO digs. Got a pretty varied taste in beer myself (I do enjoy making a big batch of my Imperial Chocolate Stout around x-mas time).